Weekly BF

Please fix the UI design.

5hadyBrady
445 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited August 4
The user interface, especially while playing squad leader is broken. If your mouse isn't carefully placed over the box with an objective letter, it doesn't work. Even worse, if you were to select, say, "A", and your mouse cursor is a few pixels past the box window, and you let go, it will actually call in a request for ammo. Likewise, if you were to call in an order for "F" objective, and your cursor is a few pixels past the box window, it will call in a request for medic. It does this because the circular interface has two layers. It's a circle outside of a circle. The reason this circular interface was designed in the first place, was so that you don't have to think about these things. I should be able to just press Q, and move my mouse in the direction of the command. I shouldn't have to carefully place my mouse on the little box. The higher your resolution, the worse this problem gets. At 4k the windows are even smaller (if I recall correct). Even at 1080p it's uncalled for. So many times I've pressed Q and given commands and nothing happens. I don't notice nothing is happening until moments later when nobody in my squad show up to the order I assumed I just gave. Or I'm engaged in the war that is battlefield, and I'm trying to give commands or requests and I end up giving the wrong command, or dying because I'm trying to carefully place my mouse on one of these tiny windows. Has nobody at DICE ever played this game before?

Comments

• Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This needs a bump. I'm guessing it's probably a known issue but it doesn't seem that complicated to fix. The comma rose selection positioning is definitely out of position by a fair way.
  • 5hadyBrady
    445 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It absolutely destroys the pace of the game. It's stuff like this that leads me to believe there's a new generation of developers working at DICE. They wouldn't have messed this up 5 years ago. Not a chance. This is a rookie move.
  • KIIXXVI
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member