I do better at 90 ping then 20

DRUNKMONKEY9821
84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Real good

Comments

• DRUNKMONKEY9821
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Real cool
  • TectonicGuns
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not me. I have played on my xbox s at 30 and 90ms ping. 30 is better. At 90ms I feel like I am playing 500ms in the past, fall off laders, jump twice to clear fences,..ect. IMO BFV's poor netcode makes a lower ping a definite advantage.
  • DarthValtrex
    11 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There is a lot of inconsistency for me in regards to lag. It's not my internet my speeds are 70+ MBps and my ping is typically around 40ish which seems to be average. What's odd is that it's not consistent some times it's 40 and sometimes it's in the 90's. That's only on US Servers that have solid green bars for me. 

What I have noticed is this... The aim is absolutely inconsistent. I'll be in a tank and the aim is spot on, I'll go 30-1 or better depending on the map. Yet, I'll play the same map, same tank and use the sights exactly the same.. I can't hit a target for the life of me.

I've had friends complain of it as well. No matter what they do they can't hit targets. What I do know is that this game has major major issues. I'm so fed up with it I won't play it again for another 3-6 months. 

I won't buy another EA game after this horrible experience. I actually won't buy games anymore until 6 months or so has passed and I can read long term reviews. 
  • DRUNKMONKEY9821
    I got 100 up and down on Speed o. A one x with a ssd and have a good connection I just get killed.
    There is a lot of inconsistency for me in regards to lag. It's not my internet my speeds are 70+ MBps and my ping is typically around 40ish which seems to be average. What's odd is that it's not consistent some times it's 40 and sometimes it's in the 90's. That's only on US Servers that have solid green bars for me. 
    What I have noticed is this... The aim is absolutely inconsistent. I'll be in a tank and the aim is spot on, I'll go 30-1 or better depending on the map. Yet, I'll play the same map, same tank and use the sights exactly the same.. I can't hit a target for the life of me.
    I've had friends complain of it as well. No matter what they do they can't hit targets. What I do know is that this game has major major issues. I'm so fed up with it I won't play it again for another 3-6 months. 
    I won't buy another EA game after this horrible experience. I actually won't buy games anymore until 6 months or so has passed and I can read long term reviews. 

Right there with ya just got farcry 5 for 10 and it feels just like the last 3.and this game
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12619 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I got 100 up and down on Speed o. A one x with a ssd and have a good connection I just get killed.

You could be on 1GBPS up and down and your connection could still be to blame.

People like to think that speed = line stability,  Which sadly is just not the case at all.

Your ISP's routing from your home to the game servers can have an effect on your connection,  Likewise the server connections can also impact you negatively regardless of your down/up speed ( which doesn't correlate to ping or jitter or line stability in any way whatsoever ) 

• Venomenal1
    284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 11
    I think that's why my fibre from my provider lets me have decent games. Friends and family in the same server be they on my team or be they the enemy, their game is never affected because of my ping. If the number is showing greens and yellows and is 240 and below it's fine. If it turns orange and stays in the Orange, leave the server.
  • DRUNKMONKEY9821
    I'd post videos but it to much work
  • clouseau2112
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly, I believe you may do better at 90 ping, than 20 ping.

So I'm west coast...w/ a killer internet connection. If I play an easy coast server, my ping is 90. Really don't notice much of a difference compared with low 20's in a west coast server. However, I can say that on an average, I do play a lil better on west coast.
    If you're a good player, with good internet, u should be able to put up similar numbers, whether it's west or east coast servers. At least that's my experience/2 cents.