5 hrs and still yet to join a server! (PS4) ***Resolved***

Gunganator
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited August 6
I have attempted no fewer than 7 times to join a server between fresh restarts, rebuilding database, opening ports on router. And before you ask, it's a fresh install today. 

It's that bad on one occasion I waited, after recording 10 mins of trying to join, encoding the 3.8GB file to webm (9 minutes) for youtube upload (14 mins) and writing this post (7 minutes) still not joined the server. watched squad members leave and join, but I have yet to have my first MP battle.

Don't let my level confuse you either, some how I registered as playing on a Map even though it never loaded. 

see for yourself, currently at 47 mins of trying to load into that server, Utter S***.

https://youtu.be/bIFq9QHICGI

Resolution

Some how my PS4 had decided to use an MTU of 1400 on the automatic setting. setting this to 1500 manually resolved the issue.
Post edited by Gunganator on

Comments

• A_al_K_pacino_A
    466 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well in that video apart from the first attempt where it put you in a squad and went to join but it failed you did't seem to be looking for a game. Try joining straight from the multiplayer tab not the Tides of war section.
  • Gunganator
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry should of stated, I have tried, that, the multiplayer tab server browser, exactly the same. I am now on 49 mins waiting for the server to load.
  • Gunganator
    edited August 6
    EA support I would suggest to please restart the connection with these below steps

Unplug both your router and your modem. ...
    Wait at least 30 seconds. ...
    Plug the modem back in. ...
    Wait at least 60 seconds. ...
    Plug the router back in. ...
    Wait at least 2 minutes. ...
    Now that your router and modem have been properly restarted, it's time to test to see if the problem went away.

EA Support Once done, please confirm with me.

you  LOL sorry but are you a comedian? I do that my network drops and this chat ends