This Week in Battlefield V - August 5 Edition - Update 4.2.2

Braddock512
1272 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited August 7
Let's see what's happening this week.

While this is an overview of the planned content and announcements for the week, please be aware some things may shift/move. Be sure to stay up-to-date by checking back here daily as we'll update this as things are added or shifted.

Monday, 8/5/2019
  • This Week in Battlefield V - An overview of this week's news, blogs, content, and more. As items are added or shifted, this will be updated. Keep an eye on it through the week for redirect links!
Tuesday, 8/6/2019
Wednesday, 8/7/2019
Thursday, 8/8/2019
Friday, 8/9/2019
  • Weekly Debrief - Your one-stop destination for all the blogs, videos, and major news that happened in the week.

Notes & Addendums

Nvidia GeForce RTX & Battlefield V Screenshot Contest Begins (TBC)
  • Once I get the official rules signed off by our legal team, I'll share the details of the contest and the timeframe for submissions. Just a heads-up:

• It will be a screenshot/image contest.

• There will be 10 Winners of an Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080TI Founder's Edition GPU.

Post edited by Braddock512 on

Comments

• fragnstein
    460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A little birdie told me the QoL is moving to a wiki page. We get a link for that?
  • braydin10
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks braddock, just curious on your post from about the 2 new maps. Are they strictly for only the 5 v 5 or are they gonna be for conquest too?
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1440 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 6
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    784 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi @Braddock512 if you don't mind do you have any word on when we'll be seeing an update that corrects the TTK/TTD, hit reg and ADS getting stuck mid aim? 

Apologies if it feels like I'm spamming you with this, but I'm not sure where else I can go to find out this information. 

If you don't know but have a link to a site where I could find out these answers it would be greatly appreciated. 
  • DC_Squad
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hit Reg is for sure an issue needing to be addressed, with any other game these problems would have emergency patches to fix while Dice has allowed these issues to run a muck since release. Iv'e tested this game in many different fazes and Beta stages were the most SOLID this game has every been. Patch after patch the integrity of the client has slowly been dismantling itself  to the point where all the things that made this game and its gun play great have now withered away to shambles. Prone character models not receiving correct body part indications for damage to not taking damage at all. Down to the environment being so unpolished that 100% visible character models are unable to be hit by projectile bullets from obstacles covering all chance to hit enemies. I'm 600 hours/30k kills in 95% conquest play and I don't use vehicles, the issues this game is seeing right now are server shutdown emergency patch worthy and they've instead been here since launch and it makes me sick to my stomach........ TTK/TTD/ hit reg and environmental obstacles along with gun play is 100% what a shooter game even is and it's only things that are highly damaged and malfunctioning on this game....... how is this possible?  How is it still live and not being fixed? what could possibly be going on over there for this and all the games issues to not be extremely important to the company that built it or the publisher that paid all this money to have it made. Why wouldn't they care about the games future and its population. Why do we all care about a game more than the people who created it? There's thousands of people like me wishing these companies would reach out to them for advice and opinions on the game they've spent thousands of hours on learning all the ins and outs. We are all here begging you guys to just listen and let us help you but its been months and months of disregard, these issues are more important than keeping your content schedule which seems to also be a huge problem for you guys...... if you're not crunching content and you're not crunching bug fixes and emergency repairs then what are you guys doing? I'm a huge fan will continue to be but not for much longer.... your community is holding on by a thread and most us are holding on tight to the benefit of the doubt that you all will make the right choices but everyday/month that goes by that I watch a game I once loved Deteriorate before my very eyes while the only thing pushed is cosmetics and micro transactions........ I'm sad for the game...... I'm sad for Dice........... i'm sad for the franchise........ but most of all i'm sad for our community who wanted this game to be special and that are still holding on like me hoping it will see better days. You have passionate, respectful, and honorable fans that only wants the best for these games and the people that play them and not to mention the company that creates them. We the family's of Dice and even EA to be happy and FED but BFV state has been such a huge insult to the community that brings you and these entities LIFE. I hope things are made right with this game or the reputation of Dice will never be mended.... much love everyone please get to work, I'm paying you and plan to pay you more if you get this game together.......  
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hip, hip hooray. Hopefully, the number of crashes will indeed be reduced once this patch is out. I'm still a bit wary and we'll see come tomorrow, but thanks, this update is badly needed, Dice.
  • Braddock512
    1272 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    A little birdie told me the QoL is moving to a wiki page. We get a link for that?
    It's been here on the forums since we started doing the QoL Tracker, and we have it on Reddit here: https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/wiki/known_issues

(We're actually looking at revamping it by using a Trello board.) 

Hi @Braddock512 if you don't mind do you have any word on when we'll be seeing an update that corrects the TTK/TTD, hit reg and ADS getting stuck mid aim? 
    Apologies if it feels like I'm spamming you with this, but I'm not sure where else I can go to find out this information. 
    If you don't know but have a link to a site where I could find out these answers it would be greatly appreciated. 
    When we have something to share regarding that, it will be shared here on the forums, social channels, and Reddit. 

-Braddock512-
  • BronelsMLG
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is the premium booster pack gone? And will it return?
  • IDazzlerazzle
    416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Performance/ judder fix ? SOON TM ?
    One frame deaths SOON TM ?
    audio footsteps of enemy players SOON TM ?
    Black Screen when zooming in tank sights ? SOON TM? 
    Not dying two seconds after running around corner ? SOON TM?

• chinook240
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm getting Download Failed at 96% downloaded? So cant launch the game.
  • sabootheshaman
    1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512 you had me at Trello board. 😍

Honestly it’s a much better way to present roadmaps and backlogs. Lots of software I use for bidnezz does this and I love it.

If done correct I think it could really help the community understand prioritisation and backlogs as well as the delineation between what DICE peeps do in different areas.

Transparency at that level would help the PR battle. I’m getting ahead of myself. Just do it champ!!!
  • Braddock512
    @Braddock512 you had me at Trello board. 😍

Honestly it’s a much better way to present roadmaps and backlogs. Lots of software I use for bidnezz does this and I love it.

If done correct I think it could really help the community understand prioritisation and backlogs as well as the delineation between what DICE peeps do in different areas.

Transparency at that level would help the PR battle. I’m getting ahead of myself. Just do it champ!!!
    If you have a look at the Apex Legends Trello, that's the base I want to start with. And then expand. 

-Braddock512-