Howl long are you going to stay with battlefield v ?

Comments

• creepNpeep
    773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And I see we still have torches on all rifles.

What a uoke
  • Celsi_GER
    861 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Until there is something better. In the past this usually was the next Battlefield (exceptions: 2142 and Hardline). Okay, BF1 also was not better than BF4, but all my friends switched to BF1, so I followed.
    But currently: "Pitfall" on an old ATARI 2600 console is better than the 5.2.2 Mega-BS.
    So currently I am clueless what to do... maybe finally end my gaming career.
  • Jokerdef
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After 5.2 I'm done. They finally totally messed up this game. Now I'm playing BF 1 again, and it is soooo much better in every way. It's almost impossible to believe that BF 1 and BF V are made by the same company. Playing BF 1 has made me realize how bad and frustrating BF V really is! So I'm done with this mess. BF 1 is the LAST Battlefield game to date in my opinion. 
    This BF V has been an utter disappointment from day one and I hoped that they would fix this mess. It has been over a year and now since 5.2 the game is MUCH MUCH WORSE than the day it came out. Unbelievable but true. I loyally waited and hoped / believed that DICE would listen to us and fix the game. But all we actually have gotten is empty promises and utterly stupid and game destroying changes. Again, impossible to believe this is the same company that made games as good as BF 3, BF 4, legendary Bad Company... Oh dear.
    The big question now is, what to play next? COD? Is it any good nowadays? 

• Lotusninja_Akira
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would say that Battlefield V is good enough in small doses but in long run it can become "exhausting" experience due to lack of teamwork and varying quality between matches in team composition. This game is made extreme degree of co-operative supplementing in mind which has been watered down in recent patches to appeal casual audience. Wouldn't be surprised if automatic HP regenation returns or partial regenation level is increased. Ammo pools and reserves have already be tweaked and spotting changes were made.

I am excited for "new" genre coming out on console, tactical shooters (in true sense, R6S isn't fully fledged IMO) which hopefully would inject some fresh blood into FPS circulation and build up new console franchise at best case scenario. If Insurgency Sandstorm ever just make it ;)
  • WAIT_HOLDSTILL
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I was a bit disappointed with bf v when I first got it because I had been playing bf 1. I really enjoyed bf 1 and was hoping that bf v was going to play the same. Well it wasn't but I kept playing and it became more and more fun. I'm just a casual player so I don't get too excited about kills or how many times I died but I am competitive so I work at getting better. I love flying but early on I could not get any kills so I switched to tanks. Those are fun! Then I went back to planes when they were available and got better with them. I'm still excited about what's next and hope they expand to the Russian theatre and the German, American , British and French resistance conflicts. Midway would be awesome for an air/sea battle. North Africa would be a great tank arena as well as the German and French countryside. Heavy bombers over London and Berlin. I think they're doing a great job so far, tweaking it here and there to keep gameplay fun. I will look for bf6 and hope it is as fun as bf1 and bf v. I kinda hope it's also a WW2 game but closer to the end of that conflict and starting to lead up to Korea and Vietnam.
  • Yorksh1rePud
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The problem s two-fold: 1.) The game just isn't fun anymore and 2.) I don't trust the developers to fix any of the issues.

I logged 360 hours of BFV last year, which is a lot for me as my spare time is limited, and I'd rather spend it doing anything else than playing this unfortunately.
  • Bopper7629
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with you yorksh1rePud, these new weapons make the game unbearable...Who makes a smg a 3 hit kill...WTF are the developers pushing for...Now that the next battlefield will be out sometime in 2022, we are stuck with this crap of a game!!! SMG over powers MMG or LMG or even an assault rifle...Who does stuff like this???
  • BaronVonGoon
    7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I pretty much quit BFV. I played it on and off in 2019. Haven't touched it in two months. I've been playing Sekiro almost exclusively.

BFV is a fail in many ways. Dice is a broken studio, employee culture is screwed up.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1087 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bopper7629 wrote: »
    I agree with you yorksh1rePud, these new weapons make the game unbearable...Who makes a smg a 3 hit kill...WTF are the developers pushing for...Now that the next battlefield will be out sometime in 2022, we are stuck with this crap of a game!!! SMG over powers MMG or LMG or even an assault rifle...Who does stuff like this???

You're really overestimating the power of the grease gun. Yes it's a 3hk but the damage drops really quickly and the rof really balances the weapon, and not that kindly.
  • DIV88_Viking
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Left a year ago. I play some rare hours from time to time (usually after patches and fixes) but I am never satisfied as I am waiting for one thing only. "Dedicatet servers OR the option to play on "hardcore" settings. This game without hardcore is to me just ridicolous. Its a war game, soo make a war game. 
  • StormSaxon
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 29
    Walked away just before it went all pacific theatre which bores me.

I hear the jungle maps are out. If it’s Burma and Brits/Indians vs Japanese I might redownload.
  • SirBobdk
    5317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think eventually the question is more about how long one want to stay in the series and not just BFV.
  • sasqch10
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The game is broken trash but I’m the fool that keeps playing expecting it to magically become a good/fun game. Almost everything is a grind for little payoff . The balance is so off that it really makes one question how or who is signing off on ideas at Dice.
  • LeesSummit09
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I join servers based on my ping and once I find one, gameplay is fine for me.  BUT, for me, the reason I get so discouraged with this game is team balance.  I know it has been mentioned before, but don't believe it can't be over emphasized.  Nine out of ten games, one team has 10-15 players over 150 and several platoons.  The other team has 3-4 players just over 100 and no obvious platoons.  The games are a joke.  I really only play breakthrough.  Once the bad team realized they are either going to get steamrolled or not get close to taking the first flags.  So, after 5 minutes, the bad team loses 5-10 players and everyone else goes to sniping.  Even being on the good team is not that much fun, as nothing is happening(though the good teams don't seem to lose any of their 32 players).  I would take even matches 50% of the time, but 10%, nope, not fun at all.  So, if on bad team, you either snipe or quit and try to find new game.  The fact you are getting into another games, tells you that you are already joining the team that's losing, so here we go again.  And hoping to gain new players, lots of luck with that.  New players can help and learn when game is balanced, but when not, seeing all kinds of 1-25 scores and those players are saying screw this.
  • sasqch10
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice has done a poor job all around in BF 5. This is a game that has a woman in a space suit as a super solder in WW2. Let’s just say Dice is clueless and if it wasn’t for the people buying those cartoons for EA stockholders more people would have been jobless at Dice. Bad ideas, bad game and not very fun to play.
  • uncleclives
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Post patch and instant deaths and trade kills are back. Low latency with good variation seems to implement over zealous lag compensation.
  • Carl_WismeR
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same for me... instant killed and my bullets don't hit... servers are lagging... rounds are definitly unbalanced... can't see score at this end of the maps... tanks and planes should be limited when a team is winning 500 to 100... autobalance should be activated... Dice/EA made ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ with this game !!!
  • KingRofty
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 9
    sasqch10 said:
    Dice has done a poor job all around in BF 5. This is a game that has a woman in a space suit as a super solder in WW2. Let’s just say Dice is clueless and if it wasn’t for the people buying those cartoons for EA stockholders more people would have been jobless at Dice. Bad ideas, bad game and not very fun to play.
    Totally agree with you! When I play BF1, you feel like you are in WW1, whereas I never ever felt I'm playing a WW2 shooter when playing BF V.
    Post edited by KingRofty on
  • kreepypriest
    441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe until doom eternal drops I’ll switch..I really hope they bring back premium for their next title..plus fallout 76 is getting another dlc in a month so I’ll be playing that too.
  • StormSaxon
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Player level is meaningless. Some level 100s suck.
    Some level 40s know what they are doing.

Balance is skewed because
    1- teams rarely change. So a strong side stays strong and doesn’t gets mixed up so much.
    2- some maps favour 1 side (I only play breakthrough) so even if the teams are balanced one side has an advantage such as advantageous terrain (panzerstorm favours Germans in breakthrough, all the pacific maps a cake walks for US teams).
    3- the level of quitting is terrible, BF1 had the same issue... BF3 not so much but then the teams got mixed up more so it was worth taking a shellacking... next match might not have the same dynamic. But now players quit so easily, pilots quit if they get shot down, people quit just before the match ends... pointless imo as W/L record holds no meaning at all... only testament to your worth is your points...