This Week in Battlefield V

Things that can save Battlefield v from COD

Comments

• TrunkzJr
    1136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ⚠️ Battlefield will always be better than COD
    💠 Call of Duty is good if you enjoy playing alone.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What can save Battlefield is if DICE become one studio and only focus on Battlefield. Then do a Bungie and get out from under EAs shadow. Until then Battlefield will continue to go down hill.
  • Jokerdef
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    It's just not gonna happen, OP.
    DICE/EA have clearly written off BFV and are now focusing on keeping costs as low as possible while still providing just enough drops of honey to prevent us players from fleeing in too large numbers.
    Meanwhile all the heavy-hitting developers have been moved to other projects that have better prospects of adding revenue.
    Correct, except the "heavy-hitting developers" left Dice before BFV.
    Does seem to be the case. The difference between previous BF games and BFV is obvious.

• GrizzGolf
    987 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Campaign is linear storylines in modern games,  bf1942 and bf2's "campaign" is just multiplayer with friendly and enemy bots 
    The bots any good?
  • ackers75
    2391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TrunkzJr wrote: »

I was once like you then reality hit me!
  • Bamsmacked
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You can't salvage a game that didn't appeal to it's primary audience. 
  • ragnarok013
    3218 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Who plays fps shooters offline ? :/
    I still play BF2 and bf1942 "offline",  it's also handy for when servers are no longer populated so I can see the reason for the need for it.
    LOLGotYerTags  why you can still play them online using a couple of different methods.
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1272 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Campaign is linear storylines in modern games,  bf1942 and bf2's "campaign" is just multiplayer with friendly and enemy bots 
    Playing an online shooter in "offline" mods with bots must be the most depressing thing ever.
    I mean I can understand it if you do it once or twice every year when you don't have access to internet but other than that, I'd just move on to something else.

I think DICE needs to ditch the "war stories" and go back to cool single player campaign like they had with BC2 BF3 or BF4. 
    Combined arms is a cool idea on paper but for somer reason it doesn't work in reality.  I think more campaign-like, longer missions with more depth to them would make them more playable and fun. But then, BF is all about multiplayer and DICE haven't been able to iron out anything there, so I wouldn't expect them to move on to anything else before that.

• georswag123
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 11
    I heard about those private servers that they are coming in September . At least can we have a mode that we can play grand operations or other modes online solo or with friends but with friendly and enemy bots ?
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    858 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I heard about those private servers that they are coming in September . At least can we have a mode that we can play grand operations or other modes online solo or with friends but with friendly and enemy bots ?

i doubt DICE puts anything extra into the "private-games".
    also i haven't seen  any posts on the new RSP so i wouldn't hold my breath if it ever comes in the game at all or in a working state. maybe it drops but only really works in a year or so
  • FragbaitDax
    221 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Things that can save BFV from COD...
    Oh sorry, are you still here?
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    That RSP will save it, it's been in development for how many months now?
  • MarauderFox
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    COD is no threat to BF until they attempt the same game modes with the same features and ditch the arena-style gameplay (more players on bigger maps doesn't count)

Design the next BF while considering what made BF2, 2142, BC, BC2 and BF3 wildly loved, long-lasting and profitable; but I think the talent responsible for those games has left DICE or doesn't have the necessary freedom.
  • DrunkwoIf
    299 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    COD is no threat to BF until they attempt the same game modes with the same features and ditch the arena-style gameplay (more players on bigger maps doesn't count)

Design the next BF while considering what made BF2, 2142, BC, BC2 and BF3 wildly loved, long-lasting and profitable; but I think the talent responsible for those games has left DICE or doesn't have the necessary freedom.
    actually COD is a threat to the current BF player base. because Dice has catered to that player base, hence why BF5 isnt even close to being a real BF game. This is probably the most arena-style BF game i have ever seen, its perfect for cod lovers.

and i couldnt agree more with them going back and looking at the good BF games in the past and trying to figure out what the hell went wrong. and how to fix it.
  • ackers75
    2391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

You keep telling yourself that!
  • Venomenal1
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I want to say some things that can save Battlefield v from COD.
    1. Battlefield v needs an offline mode. COD has all it's modes able for offline. A mode like grand operations with a bit smaller maps than the actual size will be amazing.
    2. I see the trailer about the Pacific theatre and i can say that was awesome and great job about it but i believe after the Pacific theatre it will be great a trip to the eastern front with soviet union and all the historical battles that happened there ( Stalingrad, Kursk , Leningrad , Vienna , Berlin ) and after that a trip to the western front with americans and more historical battles such as( D-DAY , Ardennes , Bastogne , Aachen , castle Itter ) will be amazing.
    I believe those things can save Battlefield v from COD and it will make battlefield to rise again .
    Thanks for reading.
    I don't think DICE can stop COD MW 2019, it's looking amazing and its Only going to get Better for COD MW Battlefield wise.
  • Venomenal1
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TrunkzJr said:
    I dont think you see where COD MW is going. If they have maps like Blackout and with the latest engine, begin to include all the vehicles that battlefield does, it's tickets for DICE. 

• THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bug fix, netcode fix, economic model change ( all skin exept elite buyable with CC ) + add all the cosmetic teased since the alpha ( even the wacky ones ) + a real Core mode added  with 3D spot and slower TTK + a real extreme mode without 3D spot and fast TTK and this game will be saved  :)