Things that can save Battlefield v from COD

Comments

• ackers75
    2480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Now let’s see if the guys at infinity ward can make a game with a brand new engine with less bugs than dice can.
  • THECOMMANDER66
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nobody needs to be saved from CallofDoo kie
  • warslag
    1594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I don't see the point of buying any new games when game producers can't guarantee fair play. :(
  • ChickenTheTank
    525 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Until I can tnt a house to the ground during a match, BF will be my game. The layer of strategy destructible environments adds is just so huge it's crazy.

It's why firestorm is the best BR on the market too, even though no one plays it.
  • StormSaxon
    670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CoD? Two seperate audiences mostly.
    CoD always has and always will Dwarf BF, so it’s no more a threat than it usually is. Our cross over pool is small.
  • JUJAMAKILL
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 12
    I really enjoyed the gameplay of  BFV up until about 6mths after release. The snail's pace release of maps, and their insistence of 'limited time' game modes was a bad move IMO. Whilst I could somewhat deal with that, it was the continual introduction of game breaking bugs that was the final nail in the coffin. I think I have finally come to the realization that if the broken netcode and never ending bugs haven't been fixed by now, then DICE have no further intention to rectify these problems. TBH it feels like the game entered maintenance mode a few months back. Recent matches feel more like a battle of perseverance rather than having any fun for me lately.

• Venomenal1
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Until I can tnt a house to the ground during a match, BF will be my game. The layer of strategy destructible environments adds is just so huge it's crazy.

It's why firestorm is the best BR on the market too, even though no one plays it.
    Firestorm is not near the best BR game, it's totally over rated. Thank goodness it's added to DICES mishaps.
  • mrtwotimes
    806 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The fact that we're talking about saving bfv from cod proves bfv can't be saved.
    Quite a high opinion on t he few voices in these forums.  We talk about this thing, so it MUST be an issue.  lol
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    The fact that we're talking about saving bfv from cod proves bfv can't be saved.
    Quite a high opinion on t he few voices in these forums.  We talk about this thing, so it MUST be an issue.  lol
    Hi,
    I think it is an issue. Lots of complaints about BFV - we cannot see the stats for players numbers, yet can for BF1 and before etc. 

I did not purchase BFV since the issues as per visibility etc., have not been addressed (for consoles). I did want to buy it - as an update to playing BF4 - which is all that i play. I tried CoD Ghosts online a while back - but it is a twitch shooter - too many angles of vulnerability. 

So i am actively looking for a game similar to BF, with none of the critical flaws that BFV has. It seems that CoD may offer the large maps, and more tactical gameplay - which is what i like, and it seems that many other people like this too. 

It would be quite the coup if CoD provided a game mode which fills the need that many BF players are looking for, but cannot play BFV due to visibility, bugs etc. 

Regards,
    Shadders_X. 
  • ChickenTheTank
    525 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Venomenal1 wrote: »
    ChickenTheTank said:

Firestorm is not near the best BR game, it's totally over rated. Thank goodness it's added to DICES mishaps.

-Way better gun play and mechanics than PUBG.
    -Not cartoony and 3rd person only like Fortnite.
    -Less twitchy and bunny-hoppy than Apex.
    -Vehicle bunkers and supply point objectives add gameplay variety not present in other BRs.
    -Inventory is incredibly easy to navigate after a short amount of time.
    -Fire circle placement provides map variety (I would still like another map or new areas)
    -Fire circle is hands down the best circle in BR.
    -Armor system rewards looting well.

Those are just a couple reasons I like firestorm the most. My opinion of course.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The main hold up is RSP.  That was announced for like end of summer.  Which we all thought was a bit late.  Al Dundan delayed to who knows when is a flaw since we need all the maps we can get.  Who knows when we get that map or the next big conquest new maps.  Yeah we get the 5vs5 maps this month.  But who is playing that other then streamers and youtubers.  Besides the random bugs we get with each new update besides some TOW or assignments are misprints of just the opposite.  Then invisible soldiers.  I haven't seen any but who knows if that's a thing yet.
  • sabootheshaman
    1186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Venomenal1 wrote: »
    ChickenTheTank said:

While I do think it’s contentious. You might wanna check the definition of over rated tiger. If it was over rated the servers would be full.
  • Woodlbrad
    691 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Map pool and everything balance wise is bad there’s no saving this sinking ship the franchise is dead.
  • e-Sparta_Rambo
    467 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Nothing can save this pile of whatever it is.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Woodlbrad said:
    Map pool and everything balance wise is bad there’s no saving this sinking ship the franchise is dead.
    Definitely need more new maps for large game modes.  Possibly new gadget unlocks for the weakest classes.  Maybe more weapon unlocks in these weekly assignments as well.    RSP would help removing high pingers out of region as well.  Plus i'm sure with USA,Japan stuff coming out for chapter 5 we probably get Wake Island or something.  We had that map so many times.
    Plus that metro looking map will drop.  Then RSP. By then these forums be empty cause all playing not enough time to bicker.  People had the same complaints for BF3/BF4 as well.  Heck BF1 had that black screen for how long and boring maps and planes still dropping bombs and the bogus horse spearing ya from like 20 feet away.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    they could hire 10 forumfielders and we'd brainstorm map concept designs that elevate conquest, rush and operations and make BFV the greatest shooter of all time. Just give us 2 weeks then the designers can put the concepts to work.

One can day dream.

Great idea! But I think we know what will happen.

Nosehair canals 1945
  • trip1ex
    4979 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I read EA's Q2 conference call transcript and I don't think they mentioned BFV once.  They barely even mentioned the BF franchise.   

meanwhile it was all talk about Apex and upcoming STar WArs game and Fifa and Sims4 and Madden.  

• georswag123
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 22
    I was seeing the instant action in star wars battlefront ii and it was awesome !!!
    What about an offline instant action mode for battlefield v with both soldier and vehicle AI on a large scale map that will be a bit smaller than the original size with the feature of choosing maps and sides (allies, axis) like the arcade from star wars battlefront ii .
    I believe it will be great if we see it in the future
  • LankRich
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think BFV can be saved if I'm honest. Even with the Pacific maps being released, you can almost guarantee there will be a long list of things wrong with it and it'll be riddled with bugs. BFV has ignored its core players and fans for too long; I think that whatever they release now will not be enough to bring the players back into the game.

In my opinion, the only thing that could salvage this game would be a complete overhaul and to start from scratch completely (which would never ever happen) But I think if they were to include Battlefield 4's solider, weapon, kit and vehicle and loadout structure, applied with Battlefield 1's attention to historical focus, they could have had good foundations to build this game upon.  

I for one will be leaving this steaming heap of **** of game behind when COD drops and I can imagine the majority of the remaining Battlefield players will too. 

• SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    -Remove Prone meta
    -Add auto spotting to fix visibility
    -Fire the lead designers pushing the "milsim is valid" philosophy/direction.
    -Remove awful recoil patterns so shooting doesn't feel aids.
    -Add trigger discipline back into the gunplay meta.
    Replace the spotting idea with simply removing all the visual clutter and we have a deal. Of course your idea is actually something that is easy to do and my idea probably requires them to basically remake all the maps from scratch so I guess you win this round lol.