Weekly Challenge Reward! A joke?

ScarSuite
4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Is this really all Dice/EA can do. New skins ?? Do they think this game is played entirely by kids??There is no goal in getting another useless skin, like the one for the sten which should be water proff. Still you cant use this in water:-) Whats your views on the weapon skins etc.,??

Comments

• xxxTUCO
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    no one else can see them anyway. how about fixing this game?

• sendjes
    558 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No one is forcing you.
  • Jezzzeh
    751 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My view is that the ToW rewards are ok, some weeks we have weapons and some weeks its cosmetic fluff. They aren't terribly difficult especially this week which could be done in a couple of rounds really.

I suppose people either engage with them or dont it's up to them.
  • 5hadyBrady
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 9
    ScarSuite said:
    Is this really all Dice/EA can do. New skins ?? Do they think this game is played entirely by kids??There is no goal in getting another useless skin, like the one for the sten which should be water proff. Still you cant use this in water:-) Whats your views on the weapon skins etc.,??
    Yeah, this is part of the problem with taking away the premium pass. The developers are always going to focus on what they can monetize. With the premium pass, that was weapons and maps. If they wanted you to buy the premium pass, they had to make content that was attractive enough for you to want to spend your money on. That was actual content. With this live service set up, the only thing they can monetize is the skins. So I'm not sure why everybody's surprised in their focus of making more skins. Of course they're going to make more skins. This is what everybody wanted 2 years ago. Now they got it. The only way to solve this problem, is to stop buying games that aren't worth the price tag on the day you buy it. That way nobody has anything to complain about. All of these complaints are coming from people who are expecting more. That's the consumers fault, even if they developers promised more. Stop giving away your money. The live service was the worst idea possible. Live service is just another name for "unfinished game, but we still got your money, trust that we'll make it better". To be completely honest with you, I'm surprised the skins aren't better. I don't even spend my in game coins on these skins let alone actual money lol. They all look like common skins from BF1.
  • ScarSuite
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    sendjes said:
    No one is forcing you.

?? Meaning what?   

• MURLAV
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    YES - A JOKE
  • CSO7777
    1077 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ScarSuite said:
    Yeah, this is part of the problem with taking away the premium pass. The developers are always going to focus on what they can monetize. With the premium pass, that was weapons and maps. If they wanted you to buy the premium pass, they had to make content that was attractive enough for you to want to spend your money on. That was actual content. With this live service set up, the only thing they can monetize is the skins. So I'm not sure why everybody's surprised in their focus of making more skins. Of course they're going to make more skins. This is what everybody wanted 2 years ago. Now they got it. The only way to solve this problem, is to stop buying games that aren't worth the price tag on the day you buy it. That way nobody has anything to complain about. All of these complaints are coming from people who are expecting more. That's the consumers fault, even if they developers promised more. Stop giving away your money. The live service was the worst idea possible. Live service is just another name for "unfinished game, but we still got your money, trust that we'll make it better". To be completely honest with you, I'm surprised the skins aren't better. I don't even spend my in game coins on these skins let alone actual money lol. They all look like common skins from BF1.
    Dice have stated several times that the team which makes cosmetics is another team, than the ones making the core game.

And apparantly they do a much better job, cosmetics seem to work but the core game doesn't.
  • 5hadyBrady
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 11
    CSO7777 said:
    ScarSuite said:
    Dice have stated several times that the team which makes cosmetics is another team, than the ones making the core game.

And apparantly they do a much better job, cosmetics seem to work but the core game doesn't.
    I'm not really concerned with who's making it. The publisher's are the ones re-up'ing investor money. EA are going to make sure the cosmetics work, because it's the only portion of the game that's currently monetized. Btw, I don't blame them for this. It's the only way they can make the current live service work. People don't realize how much money gets invested into these games. EA/DICE are about to decide whether or not they're going to continue making games. DICE seem like they insist on being the gaming industries guinea pig's , and everybody else just learns what not to do. If you're a developer, and you want to know what you shouldn't do, just watch the Swedish DICE team. They'll make sure everybody else knows how to out compete them with their never ending supply of wokeness.
  • ramawee
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    they better take care of the overwhelming cheater nowadays... its unplayable during night in SEA region, cheater everywhere.
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lack of content is real. 
    So is lack of creativity. 
  • Fish7O2
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ramawee said:
    they better take care of the overwhelming cheater nowadays... its unplayable during night in SEA region, cheater everywhere.
    West Coast servers are definitely feeling the influence from the Asian server problem. I live in Vegas, but mainly play on US east servers due to this problem.
  • 11Doomsday26
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My only gripe about the weekly challenges is stop giving weapons with bi-pods. All they do is promote players going prone in a bush. Most of the skins I have already acquired through assignments. If it's something cool I'll finish the challenge, if not I just ignore it and wait for the following week.
  • Gattlin
    516 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Meh I'll play this week because of a tank skin thats about it
  • runnydischarge
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    sendjes said:
    No one is forcing you.
    You are right, no one is forcing him, but he is allowed to to comment on a topic and give his opinion.    Do you have an opinion on his topic?