Battlefield V is about to get a bomb dropped on it.

Comments

• Titan_Awaken
    805 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    zenn_nme said:
    call of doodie... supported for 1 year and bloated with microtransactions after 6 months.
    Exactly. 

Every CoD game without exception barely has a shelf-life of 1 year before it becomes obsolete when the next one inevitably releases. I'm done with CoD; the annual releases makes it blatantly obvious that Activision doesn't actually give a freak about the franchise beyond milking it. 
  • Ukrainetrain87
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I hope cod succeeds with this. I played the battlefield series for many many years now and never seen a franchise fall off as much as this series has. The frustration has mounted for years now because of the subpar development and continuous problems. Ea/Dice can only blame themselves. Hopefully they open up their eyes an make the future battlefield game good the way I think it could be.
  • sabootheshaman
    1186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    Hi,
    From the comments section of the article i posted  :

"A friend of mine was on a college course for video game development -
    he told me that on day one, one of the lecturers made the following
    comment:"There's over 100 of you in this room, and I can tell you right
    now that only one of you will get a job in the video game industry when
    you graduate from here."

... which says it all really. For every employee that burns out
    under the stress of crunch, there are tens - if not hundreds - waiting
    to take their place, not realising (or willing to accept) that the same
    fate awaits them.

Jeff Minter had it right in the readme file for his game
    Llamatron - the men in suits have taken a progressively bigger and
    bigger cut, and shaped the games industry to line their pockets. Even
    the so-called "indie" scene is now rapidly heading in the same
    direction. But all the while that the kids who play these games labour
    under the utterly false belief that it is going to be them being the
    creator of the the next multi-million pound hit and that game
    development is fun and easy, these conditions are going to persist."

Regards,
    Shadders_X. 

According to recent reviews on glassdoor this is not the case.

Kinda crappy thing to level what is effectively abuse at an organisation.

As someone who works in development I can say these kind of rumours are pretty hurtful and considering how unfounded they are in DICE’s case it’s pretty crass to draw that parallel.

Your conflating abuse of workers with DICE. no matter how I look at it that’s pretty poor form.
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    Hi,
    From the comments section of the article i posted  :

"A friend of mine was on a college course for video game development -
    he told me that on day one, one of the lecturers made the following
    comment:"There's over 100 of you in this room, and I can tell you right
    now that only one of you will get a job in the video game industry when
    you graduate from here."

... which says it all really. For every employee that burns out
    under the stress of crunch, there are tens - if not hundreds - waiting
    to take their place, not realising (or willing to accept) that the same
    fate awaits them.

Jeff Minter had it right in the readme file for his game
    Llamatron - the men in suits have taken a progressively bigger and
    bigger cut, and shaped the games industry to line their pockets. Even
    the so-called "indie" scene is now rapidly heading in the same
    direction. But all the while that the kids who play these games labour
    under the utterly false belief that it is going to be them being the
    creator of the the next multi-million pound hit and that game
    development is fun and easy, these conditions are going to persist."

Regards,
    Shadders_X. 

According to recent reviews on glassdoor this is not the case.

Kinda crappy thing to level what is effectively abuse at an organisation.

As someone who works in development I can say these kind of rumours are pretty hurtful and considering how unfounded they are in DICE’s case it’s pretty crass to draw that parallel.

Your conflating abuse of workers with DICE. no matter how I look at it that’s pretty poor form.
    Hi,
    All i did was post an article about the issues in the UK and suggest that it may be the reason for the issues for BFV.  Who knows - you don't. unless you work for EA/DICE ?

It is a discussion point - why not discuss your alleged experiences. 

Regards,
    Shadders_X. 
  • sabootheshaman
    1186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You said that maybe the problems were due to that.

I said you’re unfairly conflating DICE with staff abuse which you are.

My experiences are not relevant. I said look on glassdoor.

It’s a crappy thing to do mate. I’d be mortified if someone drew that parallel with my business.

Go read the reviews from the employees themselves. https://www.glassdoor.com.au/Reviews/DICE-Sweden-Reviews-E598397.htm
  • zenn_nme
    815 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    zenn_nme said:
    call of doodie... supported for 1 year and bloated with microtransactions after 6 months.
    Exactly. 

Every CoD game without exception barely has a shelf-life of 1 year before it becomes obsolete when the next one inevitably releases. I'm done with CoD; the annual releases makes it blatantly obvious that Activision doesn't actually give a freak about the franchise beyond milking it. 
    Yup, people are flocking to cod as it is their savior... only to forget the church is in it for the gold.
  • sabootheshaman
    edited August 13
    [removed due to inappropriate post and flamebaiting]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Grass isn’t always greener on the other side. I trust Actvision as much as I do EA.
  • Trokey66
    8602 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh dear........
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @ragnarok013 the lack of squads and classes also lead me to believe this will play significantly differently.

Other big questions... reviving? Micro destruction? I don’t mean full destruction but I’d like to see some more examples if bullet penetration and cover being chipped away. Even though BFV seems to lack in this department.

Bullet penetration seems to never work for me.

It seems inconsistent in BFV that’s for sure.

Inconsistent is an understatement.
  • MAJWolfcookies
    571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Let's all be honest here. No modern fps will ever be as pure and clean (from a MTX perspective) as BF4. All others will be stained by corporate greed and MTX. The MW hype that we are seeking is already in our beloved classic - BF4.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Everywhere I use to go to to watch battlefield content, is now making content on the new call of duty.

Talking about the ideas of 50 vs 50, and vehicles like in blackout. You know how dangerous this is for the battlefield franchise?

If call of duties new engine pulls threw, and they can do the live service right, it’s going to absolutely decimate battlefield V. Especially if cod adds vehicles outside of call ins.

Then there are these people saying “Well competition is good.”

No it’s not. Not with EA. Cause if cod can outdo battlefield in what it’s best for, EA is not going to innovate and make a new engine and wait. Instead, EA will scrape DICE all together, because they deemed battlefield as no longer profitable. Then save money by laying off developers, and employees.

And don’t say they can’t, because dead space use to be one of EA’s top cash cows. Until it messed up once, and EA deemed it no longer profitable.

They have other franchises that make just as much money. Like FIFA. They are definitely not hard up for money.
    I'm not 100% sure but I believe all vehicles for 50vs50 are call-in kill streaks.  Plus I haven't seen the 50vs50 in action yet.  The few 20vs20 videos I seen on youtube were them complaining about to many hiding places now.
  • Venomenal1
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Everywhere I use to go to to watch battlefield content, is now making content on the new call of duty.

Talking about the ideas of 50 vs 50, and vehicles like in blackout. You know how dangerous this is for the battlefield franchise?

If call of duties new engine pulls threw, and they can do the live service right, it’s going to absolutely decimate battlefield V. Especially if cod adds vehicles outside of call ins.

Then there are these people saying “Well competition is good.”

No it’s not. Not with EA. Cause if cod can outdo battlefield in what it’s best for, EA is not going to innovate and make a new engine and wait. Instead, EA will scrape DICE all together, because they deemed battlefield as no longer profitable. Then save money by laying off developers, and employees.

And don’t say they can’t, because dead space use to be one of EA’s top cash cows. Until it messed up once, and EA deemed it no longer profitable.

They have other franchises that make just as much money. Like FIFA. They are definitely not hard up for money.
    I was once a serious battlefield fan and couldn't stand COD, I always hinted they should try what DICE does. When I played Blackout I thought hey these guys can really up their game here now with big maps and vehicles and work on some other mechanics.
    COD MW now hits the scene with their new engine and its all coming together now, it's only a matter of time I say. 
    And I'm Amped for their latest release in October, TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY!!!
  • DrunkwoIf
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Let's all be honest here. No modern fps will ever be as pure and clean (from a MTX perspective) as BF4. All others will be stained by corporate greed and MTX. The MW hype that we are seeking is already in our beloved classic - BF4.

The sad part is BF4 is being looked at as something great. that just goes to show how far BF has fallen.
  • dICEHOUSE
    570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 12
    Hi,
    Maybe BFV is poor due to the following :
    https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/08/12/video_games_sector_slammed_for_long_hours_and_bullying_culture/

The developers are treated badly - although this is the UK, perhaps the issue is all countries. 

Regards,
    Shadders_X. 
    It's just not the UK. Electronic Arts in recent past 2013-2016 has donned the dirty attire of the " Worst/Hated" companies in the US. Even topping out at #1 once. Most factors involved: Employee related.

Unfortunately yet ironically the games released then seem to out do the games released now.