Battlefield V is about to get a bomb dropped on it.

Comments

• G-Gnu
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    I don't care who makes the game, as long as there is a great Battlefield-type game for me to play.
    What? So, DICE doesn't matter?
    No not really .
  • ackers75
    2322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If cod has a modicum of polish it’s already far superior to this game!
  • FoxFerocity
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 16
    As far as I am concerned cod will never take BFs place.
    People are fooling themselves if they think the new cod will be anything then a mtx infested slotmachine.

Already forgot how bad the servers were last time? 25hz goodness?

Don't fall for the hype (again) ppl.

In the the end we get to choose between two abusive girlfriends.
    One's just about to get a her hair done soon.

Yes bfv has problems but when I get fed up I'll just play bf4 again.

I couldn't agree more with the things you said here, now people are gonna fall into the same traps all over again

I think a lot of people who hates BFV so much that they want COD to become the new BF!
     The same keyboard warriors that has been criticizing both Battlefield V and COD in the past for having micro-transactions, is now completely blinded by hype!
     I think the game looks good, but ill wait and see! Hype is never good for anyone to be honest, as people always paint up this romanticized versions of a game before it is even out!
  • VVaxDaddy
    130 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 16
      I think a lot of people who hates BFV so much that they want COD to become the new BF!

I think most people are like me and just want a game that can deliver larger scale battles in a manner that provides an entertaining and engaging gameplay experience. I certainly don't want CoD to be battlefield as it is currently, I want an enjoyable game experience.

Dice has failed to deliver on this experience and so people are naturally excited there's a potential new kid in town. I don't know how you could spin competition as bad for the consumer, bad for Dice but this should be the kick in the rear that forces them to improve or die.

CoD has never been terribly impressive to me so I'll wait until the beta. That said they've actually gotten me to try their beta which I would not have done in the past.
  • impulsive_tango
    200 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just my 2 cents here. I have been following cod from day one . The reason I have is like many who are fed up with EA/BF5. But the grass may not be as green as we wish it to be. There is already numerous posts and discussions about hacking in cod. The cod devs have not acknowledged any details on how hacking will be handled. With cod being cross platform play, many now are complaining about PC hacks being used on console players. This in itself will most likely result in a dead game with in months of release. COD will eventually be handled the way BF5 is. That is no season pass or DLC;s. Maps and modes will be handled similar to the way BF5 is done with them being released over time. I would love to see cod be a great FPS game, but as it stands right now it will be very similar to a BF5 copycat. Until these devs give us the tools we need (dedicated servers) its just more money down the toilet.
  • filthmcnasty
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'll reserve my judgement for this overly hyped up CoD mode for when I actually play it. When I heard a co worker talk about War mode in CoD WW2 I got excited because it was close to Operations in BF1, and had one on a D-Day map. But...... When I got to playing it I was disappointed
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm actually surprised I'm glad people are open to cod because it seems like most battlefield fans hated on cod for no reason. I was never a cod fan of just never appealed to me even back in the PS3 days but I never hated it.

That being said the new cod looks interesting and the maps look well designed. I always liked  cod maps over battlefield maps because their maps are designed well in terms of balance. Battlefield maps are more complex to design and because of that, it can lead to interesting and frustrating moments as well.

I plan to give the beta a try on PS4 and PC
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    I don't care who makes the game, as long as there is a great Battlefield-type game for me to play.
    What? So, DICE doesn't matter?
    Not to me,no. If another studio could make battlefield better than rice I'd be all for it.  Hell dice took some of the ideas from battlefield Hardline and incorporated it into battlefield 5 and that studio only had one battlefield experience. Imagine if they were making battlefield games for twenty years. They would probably be just as good or if not better than dice.
  • ackers75
    2322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BeastofBourbon84 said:
    As far as I am concerned cod will never take BFs place.

People are fooling themselves if they think the new cod will be anything then a mtx infested slotmachine.

Already forgot how bad the servers were last time? 25hz goodness?

Don't fall for the hype (again) ppl.

In the the end we get to choose between two abusive girlfriends.

One's just about to get a her hair done soon.

Yes bfv has problems but when I get fed up I'll just play bf4 again.

I couldn't agree more with the things you said here, now people are gonna fall into the same traps all over again
     The same keyboard warriors that has been criticizing both Battlefield V and COD in the past for having micro-transactions, is now completely blinded by hype!
     I think the game looks good, but ill wait and see! Hype is never good for anyone to be honest, as people always paint up this romanticized versions of a game before it is even out!

Nope I hate battlefield v because it’s a broken cash grab and nearly 9 month later it’s still broken!
    Nothing to do with cod and everything to do with slack developers.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    790 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just my 2 cents here. I have been following cod from day one . The reason I have is like many who are fed up with EA/BF5. But the grass may not be as green as we wish it to be. There is already numerous posts and discussions about hacking in cod. The cod devs have not acknowledged any details on how hacking will be handled. With cod being cross platform play, many now are complaining about PC hacks being used on console players. This in itself will most likely result in a dead game with in months of release. COD will eventually be handled the way BF5 is. That is no season pass or DLC;s. Maps and modes will be handled similar to the way BF5 is done with them being released over time. I would love to see cod be a great FPS game, but as it stands right now it will be very similar to a BF5 copycat. Until these devs give us the tools we need (dedicated servers) its just more money down the toilet.
    It will almost certainly become a MTX, pay to win nightmare. Activision just won't be able to help themselves. 

But in regard to cross play if console players want to go up against the PC brigade they have to choose to opt in. Otherwise it will just be PS4 and X-box.

Apparently it's also launching with dedicated servers.
  • ackers75

“Similar to a bf5 copycat”

Instantly not true as it probably won’t be half as broke as this game!
  • yamurbina
    11 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    New CoD looks interesting of course, but I agree. Activision will make it a pay to win. CoD probably has more market share so they have a huge business in micro transactions.
    People complaining in bfv about more “cosmetic transaction” than map, which is true, but at least they’re cosmetics and offer no advantage in game. If you don’t care cosmetics you just simple not buy them.
  • OskooI_007
    709 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 16
    Forcing console players to cross-play with PC is a big worry due to cheating. I know Infinity Ward said players will be matched based on input device. But a PC player could simply plug in a controller and aimbot away in console servers.
    Post edited by OskooI_007 on
  • ackers75
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    Forcing console players to cross-play with PC is a big worry due to cheating. I know Infinity Ward said players will be matched based on input device. But a PC player could simply plug in a controller and aimbot away in console servers.

Am hoping it’s something you can opt out off to be honest
  • BaronVonGoon
    6732 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Agreed. Except there's something they have that's unfamiliar to these parts, an anticheat. Dice is current doing R&D for something similar hoping to release with BF2025.
  • FoxFerocity
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VVaxDaddy said:

I think most people are like me and just want a game that can deliver larger scale battles in a manner that provides an entertaining and engaging gameplay experience. I certainly don't want CoD to be battlefield as it is currently, I want an enjoyable game experience.

Dice has failed to deliver on this experience and so people are naturally excited there's a potential new kid in town. I don't know how you could spin competition as bad for the consumer, bad for Dice but this should be the kick in the rear that forces them to improve or die.

CoD has never been terribly impressive to me so I'll wait until the beta. That said they've actually gotten me to try their beta which I would not have done in the past.

I see what you mean and i really get your point!
    But i am glad you are waiting at least to the beta to try it out instead of directly jumping on the hype, and COD to me has never been that impressive either to me but if they pull it off then it would be incredible, so i want to be proven wrong here!
    I just don't believe when people hype it to the skies, and make the game something that in the end won't be..
  • Pelliy
    ackers75 said:

Am hoping it’s something you can opt out off to be honest
    I believe cross play is opt in, not opt out.
  • filthmcnasty
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »

“Similar to a bf5 copycat”

Instantly not true as it probably won’t be half as broke as this game!

I don't know. MW2 was pretty damn bad. I stopped playing that altogether when people figured out the care package glitch. It broke the game and became so common I quit
  • Titan_Awaken
    663 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    yamurbina said:
    New CoD looks interesting of course, but I agree. Activision will make it a pay to win. CoD probably has more market share so they have a huge business in micro transactions.
    People complaining in bfv about more “cosmetic transaction” than map, which is true, but at least they’re cosmetics and offer no advantage in game. If you don’t care cosmetics you just simple not buy them.
    Microtransactions, cosmetic or not, do not belong in a $60/$80 AAA paid premium game, it is that simple.

And the whole "it's just cosmetics" excuse has already been debunked. Cosmetic microtransactions are just as (psychologically) manipulative as P2W microtransactions, arguably even more so.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thought a bit about crossplay and while it's a great concept on paper (No split community just one big playerpool) I have my doubts that console players will have a good time with it.

No idea how they'll try to level the playing field.
    Will we have kbm/pc/headset/144hz players vs couchplayers with tv speakers and controllers without aimassist?

Even if you disregard cheating or cod has a good working anticheat i just think us pc tryhards will eat the consoleros alive :neutral:

Ps4+Xbox is fine though.