BFV better step it up fast.

2»

Comments

• filthmcnasty
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I couldn't have said this better myself. DICE have got competition now and honestly the competition is already doing things better with the first try. DICE please wake up and make Battlefield 6 special. Pacific won't save BFV. Prove me wrong.

Are you quoting Steve Crowder?
  • normzzzzzy
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    normzzzzzy wrote: »
    Bamsmacked wrote: »
    Do something original and different. The trend is going back to modern war scene... I say EA go back to the 2142 scene. Large scale maps, fully customized weapons and skins, revamped and improved Titan mode (Best game mode in any BF series IMO.), appeal to your primary audience and don't try to please everyone and focus on trends. Make each class specialized stop with the jack of all trades BS or grossly inflated classes like the Assault is in BF5. Bring back recoil and weapon mechanics, bring learning curve of weapons so people actually have to practice before going straight into god mode like in BF5.

Dump the live-service model, sell us a triple A title loaded with triple A features, allow us to have private servers again, and make quality expansions with new maps, guns, and classes.

Adopt a consumer friendly approach, appeal to your primary audience, and do something different and BF will be BF again and CoD won't be nothing to speak of or sweat about.

I’ll be happy with a new bad company tbh

BF:BC3 was where they *should* have went. But if they messed it up they would kill it's awesome legacy. BF5 should be a lesson in what not to do from now on

I like to think the reason why BFV is so lacklustre In content is down to the fact they are making a new bad company (or a new BF game for that matter) I find it highly unlikely that EA/DICE will let COD steal the show this year.

I know I’m pi**ing in the wind by thinking/suggesting that but I don’t see why DICE would write their own game off. I mean, this is the only battlefield game I’ve played where the content has been so little.

(I am speculating) It’s almost like the devs are side tracked and have got something else in the works... hence the poor content structure.
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    288 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Potential is well and good, but promises are easily broken and features "rolled back."

I'd wait until actual player experiences before annointing the new COD as the savior of the large scale combined arms multiplayer scene.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    712 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The new COD looks really good and I'll probably be getting it but with that being said is it a replacement for BF, uh no. This is not a diss at COD just my opinion. Do I think the team DICE has right now can create another good BF, uh no. They need to scrap this entire DICE team and get people who know how to create a proper BF game.
  • normzzzzzy
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Potential is well and good, but promises are easily broken and features "rolled back."

I'd wait until actual player experiences before annointing the new COD as the savior of the large scale combined arms multiplayer scene.

The new COD is already being scrutinised because of a kill streak called “white phosphorus” so that being said the game will already have had features taken out.

The future of gaming is determined by fwannys.
  • SirTerrible
    1692 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CoD gunplay is so darn bad (like, absolute mid-summer-baking-in-the-sun-garbage levels of bad) and the lack of destruction will suck. Still probably getting the new CoD though, especially since it's cross platform.
  • Vespervin
    1307 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

A good video that I do agree with. If EA doesn't step it up then MW will definitely be my main game that I play.
  • filthmcnasty
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    watch Activision butcher any goodwill between the COD community and Infinity Ward in February/March... Battlefield V's reputation is an uphill battle in a falling pit, Modern Warfare's hype train is an all too familiar trap.
    Black Ops 4 despite being popular and making this last quarter 800 million $ has now such a maligned reputation by now because of how the Microtransactions in the Black Market were handled, not even the most loyal COD commentators and youtubers defend it... and despite potentially reaching a boiling point like Battlefront II did, I can only see Activision milking Modern Warfare even harder, the first quarter of 2020 will be more important than the lasting reputation of COD for the next decade...

it's so depresing that this cycle which by now is so easy to predict, is going to happen all over again. Battlefield might die a sudden death, COD will die in a thousand cuts..., and both will die because of greed.

Activision never gets called out for its stunts nearly as much as any other publisher. As for CoD, even the awful CoD: IW outsold BF1 in its year. That brand could sell even if this years entry was called Call of Duty 2019: Generic Warfare and was a reskin of last year
  • STOPchris
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 14
    Call of Duty will have the usual HUGE amount of hype as it always does... Then, people are going to buy it, play it for a couple of days, then stop playing it because it is the usual garbage. Activation does a GREAT job pumping up trash! It's funny, because EA does the same thing anymore. They pump up trash and sell it as gold. 
  • CostanzaStan
    216 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    EA hardly cares. This is what happens when you allow companies to get such a large market share. They don't care as much about their individual properties. They'll probably buy Activision soon and COD will be back to Infinite Warfare levels of bad again.

• Titan_Awaken
    664 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 14
    watch Activision butcher any goodwill between the COD community and Infinity Ward in February/March... Battlefield V's reputation is an uphill battle in a falling pit, Modern Warfare's hype train is an all too familiar trap.
    Black Ops 4 despite being popular and making this last quarter 800 million $ has now such a maligned reputation by now because of how the Microtransactions in the Black Market were handled, not even the most loyal COD commentators and youtubers defend it... and despite potentially reaching a boiling point like Battlefront II did, I can only see Activision milking Modern Warfare even harder, the first quarter of 2020 will be more important than the lasting reputation of COD for the next decade...

it's so depresing that this cycle which by now is so easy to predict, is going to happen all over again. Battlefield might die a sudden death, COD will die in a thousand cuts..., and both will die because of greed.

Activision never gets called out for its stunts nearly as much as any other publisher. As for CoD, even the awful CoD: IW outsold BF1 in its year. That brand could sell even if this years entry was called Call of Duty 2019: Generic Warfare and was a reskin of last year
    That's because Activision waits until after the game launches and all the reviews are out before cramming the game full of rubbish microtransactions and lootboxes "surprise mechanics" like with BO4. Activision is right up there with EA and the rest of the AAA publishers for being scummy and that's putting it lightly.
  • SpoolaZ
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    It seems that many BF players imagining they are playing Rolls-Royce of games, and do not want to accept that they only own a rusty volvo.
    Has it never struck you why the game may not be in better condition than it is. It can actually be because Dice has done the best they can and it just doesn't get any better than this.

• SirBobdk
    4016 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SpoolaZ said:
    It seems that many BF players imagining they are playing Rolls-Royce of games, and do not want to accept that they only own a rusty volvo.
    Has it never struck you why the game may not be in better condition than it is. It can actually be because Dice has done the best they can and it just doesn't get any better than this.

Imo they have done minimally what they thought they could get away with and hoped it was enough. It wasn't.
    Some may drive a rusty Volvo until they can get another Rolls-Royce and some vil just rarely drive. I have chosen the last solution.
  • MarauderFox
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    bigiain said:
    I can't help thinking the new COD is going to play out the same as Blackout, another two week wonder for the youtubers. I understand people wanting competition for Battlefield, but this sort of optimism about an Activsion game seems mad to me.
    This; anyone saying COD is now a threat to BF is riding the train; "IT'S DIFFERENT THIS TIME" is what we hear every other time. COD will always be COD no matter how COD'ish BF becomes.

BF1942 will be a better battlefield experience than any COD, no matter how BF'ish they try to make COD
  • Phugazi
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Echoing much of the sentiment here, I don't think I'll end up taking the new CoD bait. I've watched many of the beta multiplayer videos and I still can't get passed how "cheesy" the gun fire and kill take downs look. I mean sure, it LOOKS like the game is paced a bit slower and more BF like but that's about it the rest is traditional CoD looking. The BF's might have their issues but I still prefer the feel and style of play over most games in the genre.