This the most anger I’ve seen with the battlefield V community.

Comments

• dayglowfroggy
    553 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tow has become a joke and the worst thing is that the people at ea dice must know what the tides of war rewards are and think it is fine.

The tides of war thing is supposed to keep people playing, in my experience it did the opposite my whole group of regular players stopped at the first mud on the face paint. We had plane variants a new tank then face paint.

The clan members I play with now don't even know what the tides of war is and only come to the game for practice sessions most of the time.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3578 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tow has become a joke and the worst thing is that the people at ea dice must know what the tides of war rewards are and think it is fine.

The tides of war thing is supposed to keep people playing, in my experience it did the opposite my whole group of regular players stopped at the first mud on the face paint. We had plane variants a new tank then face paint.

The clan members I play with now don't even know what the tides of war is and only come to the game for practice sessions most of the time.

TOW isn't anything special and if that's the best they can come up with for progression then all is lost.

I also love how they nerfed the points for each unlock so it takes longer and makes people buy the TOW rewards. Real scummy work right there.

I use to be a defender of DICE and Battlefield my brain hurt. Now I have nothing but disgust for BFV and DICE. I'm done.
  • dayglowfroggy
    553 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like the game and still play but tow is getting rediculus.
  • Natetendo83
    1023 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jezzzeh wrote: »
    I'm not against women in games at all but it feels really wrong in a WW2 game. I bet a poll of women gamers would find it equally odd.

I play women characters and fight against them in plenty of other games and it feels absolutely fine. In BFV it feels forced for inclusions sake.

Anyway I suppose the game has far worse problems to solve than any diversity issues we could care to mention

Well, social justice and political correctness destroy everything they touch so it should be no surprise. Both seek to liberate and oppress instead

Right, you are *so oppressed* by women appearing in a game. How will you go on?

Its definitely not that the game is a hollow mishmash of bugs and contradictions and rudderless design.
    Sensationalist language aside, he had a point. Sure there is no oppression going on, obviously, but DICE's decision to include social issues in a game set in WWII really threw off the setting and defied consumer expectations. 

This game had a rough launch, and bugs weren't the biggest issue at the time. It was the fact that people's expectations for a WWII game were not met and a lot of that had to do with things like putting women on the front lines of WWII. The bugs and rudderless design are certainly issues, but those are more like nails in the coffin at this point. 
  • CutoverBean8
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    edited August 14
    I think one thing led to another. The failure that was BFV only made people who already criticized the trailer more justifiable and vocal and who can blame them? With the woman problem, aside the pilots they're player choice. They're not forcing anyone so no harm done but it feel out of context no doubt. 
  • mrtwotimes
    806 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What's a failure?   I'm sure DICE made a lot of money.   

As far as players, sure the forum here has propagated some hate of the game... but nonetheless I'm not sure the fraction of players here can be called the BFV "community".
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can I just say to all of the people who remarked that BF1's Russian women generated no controversy ... there absolutely was controversy when DICE made that decision. People like MarbleDuck complained quite a bit about it, and there were plenty of YouTube videos that generated hundreds of thousands of views by criticising DICE over this. These very forums saw a lot of anger over the decision.

Women in modern FPS games are also generating controversy. The female Kurdish fighter in Insurgency Sandstorm was not well received, although that may have been down to her offending the game's Turkish fanbase. The black female Marine and female SAS soldier in Modern Warfare 2019 got criticism on Reddit and YouTube too, and I bet that once the game releases, there'll be more complaining about this. WW3 said that they'd allow for women in the Russian forces, and the Steam forums blew up over it. There's definitely people out there who'll always complain about women in non-fantasy FPS games. DICE could release BF2143 with women and these people would still complain about 'accuracy'.

With that being said, this game has a hell of a lot of serious issues. CoD WW2 generated controversy for having women, but that game wasn't dealing with such a backlash once it got released ... people moved on after a while, and eventually, the fanbase forgot the controversy ever happened. I think it might have been down to the game having relatively few issues (compared to BFV) and the fact that Sledgehammer Games reacted to fan backlash a lot better than DICE did ... honestly, if DICE had handled it better, people could have moved on from this too. DICE shouldn't have assumed that everyone who was criticising them was 'toxic' or whatnot ... plenty of people were being very reasonable with their suggestions and reactions. DICE's response could easily be interpreted as painting every critic as a bigot, and that was the problem ... even if that wasn't what they were going for, that was the result they achieved.
    Yeah, I really think if Battlefield V was a better game this controversy would just be background noise. Too many examples of games where people complained yet still sold well. People are really loud on the internet but people will still buy a game if they think it'll give them a lot of fun. MW2 for PC is another example even if it wasn't political. The boycott MW2 steam group page meme still makes me laugh.
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PackersDK said:
    Hi,
    I really do not understand why there is any complaint about the artistic licence of any game. It is just that, a game. Does anyone believe that the game is an accurate portrayal of history ?. 

It is like someone complaining that they cannot spend Monopoly money down the shops. 

Regards,
    Shadders_X. 
    Could say the same about movies for example. It’s just a movie...

If you’re told the movie you’ve just bought a ticket to is a movie about the American War of Independence (and you might even have bought the ticket for that exact reason), and halfway in an actor whips out a Colt revolver and shots 6 enemies. Some, not everybody, but some, would wrinkle their nose and say “wtf was that”. 

Players have different opinions about how important this is. And no, despite the impression you sometimes get on this forum, there’s nothing wrong with liking authenticity, realism or immersion. 

Now I know some would say Dice never promised anything and they can go any direction they want, it’s their game. They did say it was a WW2 game, and said it would be immersive, but there’s a lot of wiggle room even within those parameters. Fair enough.

BUT, that does NOT make it a dirty thing to ask for it. To hope for it. To critisize Dice for the direction they took (god knows they are critisized for numerous other aspects of the game). 
    If people complained about Inglourious Basterds being historically inaccurate we'd call them idiots.
  • firechickenfan
    472 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 14
    Sir, YOU may not think it's right. Some may agree. Some may disagree.

But,

The sentence that I quoted from you was still just a little out of line.

Also, obviously I had a point because that thread was quickly locked.
  • Elephante33
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    its almost like trying to do politics in a video game about a period that incites so much passion, was a bad idea, wow, noone could have seen that coming.

Sarcasm aside,
    I understand that using video games, or any medium for that matter, to promote change and acceptance, but there is a place for everything and it has to be done responsibly. Im pretty sure there would have been alot less anger if they had a cow about people making jokes about female soldiers, and the stupid chat censorship.

If you want to make a message, make a story, an original story, in an original setting, to convay that message properly. Dont try to bend and smash it in, no one likes that, and its the same behaviour that makes people hate religious groups. 

and on TOP OF THAT,
    We are drip fed content, which would be fine, if it wasn't that said content could be completely consumed within 3 hours of game play, which makes me feel even worse about buying the Deluxe edition, which I had bought, honestly because of that faith i put in the company and the franchise, despite all the negative press.
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited August 14
    Hi,
    I still don't get the issues of BFV and women, and all the other stuff. 

They had zombies in CoD  - not sure if it was WW2 ??? 

I would buy the game (BFV) is they fixed the visibility, sound, and removed the revive animation etc. 

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • Titan_Awaken
    805 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hi,

I would buy the game (BFV) is they fixed the visibility, sound, and removed the revive animation etc. 

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
    There is no issue around women in BFV. Adding women does not detract from the gameplay nor does it enhance the gameplay. The game's review score will remain exactly the same if it didn't feature women. Adding or removing a certain group of people does not make a game automatically better or worse.

Women are not the problem; no way. The EA execs politicising the game and insulting their own fanbase is/was the problem. You have these millionaire executives telling what you should believe or else you're ignorant and on the wrong "side of history". 

Contrast this to CoD WW2: it had women as well but the devs and execs didn't respond to any of the controversy and instead let people argue amongst themselves. And when the game was actually released, the "controversy" was all but forgotten and irrelevant.
  • PackersDK
    780 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 14
    PackersDK said:
    Hi,
    I really do not understand why there is any complaint about the artistic licence of any game. It is just that, a game. Does anyone believe that the game is an accurate portrayal of history ?. 

It is like someone complaining that they cannot spend Monopoly money down the shops. 

Regards,
    Shadders_X. 

If you’re told the movie you’ve just bought a ticket to is a movie about the American War of Independence (and you might even have bought the ticket for that exact reason), and halfway in an actor whips out a Colt revolver and shots 6 enemies. Some, not everybody, but some, would wrinkle their nose and say “wtf was that”. 

Players have different opinions about how important this is. And no, despite the impression you sometimes get on this forum, there’s nothing wrong with liking authenticity, realism or immersion. 

Now I know some would say Dice never promised anything and they can go any direction they want, it’s their game. They did say it was a WW2 game, and said it would be immersive, but there’s a lot of wiggle room even within those parameters. Fair enough.

BUT, that does NOT make it a dirty thing to ask for it. To hope for it. To critisize Dice for the direction they took (god knows they are critisized for numerous other aspects of the game). 
    If people complained about Inglourious Basterds being historically inaccurate we'd call them idiots.
    I don’t know why you picked that particular movie, but I would agree. Director, marketing and trailer should certainly, in 2009, have told you that this wasn’t the next Saving Privare Ryan. 

Edit; wtf is up with this forum and quotes!? What a mess
  • SirTerrible
    edited August 14
    PackersDK said:
    PackersDK said:
    Hi,

Regards,
    Shadders_X. 

I don’t know why you picked that particular movie, but I would agree. Director, marketing and trailer should certainly, in 2009, have told you that this wasn’t the next Saving Privare Ryan. 

Edit; wtf is up with this forum and quotes!? What a mess
    I went with an extreme example for comedic effect because I think I'm way more funny than I actually am. I'm pretty perfect otherwise so I'll have to let that slide.
    edit: upon further inspection of this chain of quotes i edited out the rest of my post due to near-complete irrelevance lol
    Post edited by SirTerrible on
  • jroggs
    744 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hi,

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
    There's a wide spectrum of opinions and feelings about the way DICE approached history and setting in BFV, so for better or worse there's a discussion to be had. Things like hit registry, matchmaking, invisible players, performance issues, and so on are unquestionably bigger and more important issues, but there's nothing controversial about them. Everyone agrees that the bugs suck and need to be fixed.

(I will say that I disagree with you about revive animations. Having them cuts down on foolish Rambo revives that screw the guy getting needled and forces players to win fights or do something tactical before picking up teammates.)
  • EA_Rtas
    430 postsMember, EA Staff, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Moderator, Battlefield V
    Alright I've removed quite a few comments in here that are verging on political discussion and others that are just plain bickering. Keep this thread civil and keep to the forum rules with your posts or I'll be closing it.
  • disposalist
    8684 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited August 15
    jroggs said:
    ...Having them cuts down on foolish Rambo revives that screw the guy getting needled and forces players to win fights or do something tactical before picking up teammates....
    You know in BF1 being revived (returning a ticket) even if instantly killed (losing it again) has no ticket cost and still helps the revived player, because after the second death they can respawn instantly?

Reviving in a dangerous situation is only bad for the medic.

Unless you are suggesting that whatever got you killed the medic should usually be able to deal with before reviving you?  Yeah, because medics are the roughest toughest class...

In BF5 they doubled down and made reviving in a dangerous situation totally deadly for the medic and give no advantage to the revivee.

Reviving is yet another thing BF1 did great made worse in BF5 (especially since they omitted the corpse dragging that was supposed to mitigate the long revive animation).

What I especially love in BF5 with revives, is when you crawl to a buddy who you think is in a safe location, start the revive and because the corpse is oddly positioned, PING you are teleported to standing over his corpse in full view of the enemy.
  • Broliszibaila
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi,

Hi,

You dont understand the issues? Well, in the real life when you are going to write more serious work like bachelor - take setting A and lets start writing about B. Good luck.
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hi,

Hi,

You dont understand the issues? Well, in the real life when you are going to write more serious work like bachelor - take setting A and lets start writing about B. Good luck.
    Hi,
    If the mechanics of the game (BFV) are poor etc., then yes, i get that people get angry, and will not purchase the game. 

For the political aspects, or poetic licence, or the devs telling people not to buy because they don't like the politics, then in the end, you play the game to have fun. I do not think about what the marketing, devs, or other says. If it is a fun game, which has good mechanics, no serious bugs (such as visibility, sound, invisible players) then why not ignore what the software company says ? 

I played the BFV Beta - was ok, but could not see the opponents etc., so i did not purchase the game at launch. Same for BF3 - beta was ok, but some really stupid effects, so did not purchase later until the game was in a reasonable state. 

I think the political aspects are over stated, but the game is failing to sell based on the games poor mechanics, and the persistent bugs, existing, and new from the latest patch.

DICE/EA predicted 8.3million sales for 2018, yet achieved 7.3million. As of today, my interpretation is that the complaints are due to the mechanics, bugs, netcode etc. The politics of it are 1 year ago. 

Regards,
    Shadders_X.