Narvik and Fjell needs to go Night time.

2»

Comments

• zombifiedstalker
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    With all visibility issues this game has, I'm not so sure night maps will be fun to play...

Night time Narvik in GO works pretty well

Out of curiosity, is it night like Zavod or, more twilight like nivelle/prise de manure?

If they could re capture the atmosphere of BF3's Nelson Bay, both Fjell and Narvik would improve dramatically.

I've never played that map but, I do remember that Zavod Graveyard had an eeriness that was lacking in BF1 night maps.
    I also remember the irony that Zavod was better fun when played without the irnv and thermals. :smile:
  • Trokey66
    8242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    With all visibility issues this game has, I'm not so sure night maps will be fun to play...

Out of curiosity, is it night like Zavod or, more twilight like nivelle/prise de manure?

If they could re capture the atmosphere of BF3's Nelson Bay, both Fjell and Narvik would improve dramatically.

I've never played that map but, I do remember that Zavod Graveyard had an eeriness that was lacking in BF1 night maps.
    I also remember the irony that Zavod was better fun when played without the irnv and thermals. :smile:

Those sights made that map pointless!
  • leeroynorth
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Nelson’s bay was bc2. Great map and great game. Arr nostalgia
  • Trokey66
    8242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Nelson’s bay was bc2. Great map and great game. Arr nostalgia

Yes, my mistake you're right.
  • DingoKillr
    3506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Navik town area at night no thanks, there are already to many dark spots, GO is only the first stage around the AA. It is meant to indicate a dawn raid.

Fjell not sure it seems a darker map would give camping a better position to hide amongst dark rocks.
  • AngrySquid270
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can only see night maps making the visibility situation worse.  No thanks.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 15
    y_j_es_i said:

Because that part of the map is very open and snow is all around. Now imagine playing it around C and D flags during the night time. A camper's paradize will it be.
  • VincentNZ
    2666 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well, it was actually planned that maps change over the course of the game's dev cycle. Or the quote was "everchanging battlefields". I always took that the maps would change slightly or heavily over the course of the timeline. That whole thing was scrapped it seems.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12816 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    oudx02 said:
    They want to kill this game and because of that nothing will change
    Until EA or DICE state this to be the case,  This is not true.
  • zombifiedstalker
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Those sights made that map pointless!

I know. But after a while, I think players figured out that there was more sport to be had without them.
    I had quite a few rounds where it seemed to be mostly guys running regular sights, and it was great fun. Sure, there were always still a few killjoys on the sides with their thermal dmrs, but they were mostly the exceptions.
    That's why I was looking forward to night maps in BF1, no nightvision! But alas, the maps seemed more like twilight than night, to me anyway. Oh well...
  • disposalist
    8499 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I can only see night maps making the visibility situation worse.  No thanks.
    Lol I can only imagine how wonderful the visibility would be improved.  Still, it would look great for cinematic video clips...  Just be even more terrible to play the actual game.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I read it first like Fjell got to go.....totally agree about that..