New to BF1 but why doesn't EA do ANYTHING about the hackers?

KarmaZeTrash
postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
EA has made a truly beautiful game. I just purchased battlefield 1 a few days ago and I'm having a ball of a time. They made a unique multiplayer game that deserves way more praise than it already has. There is just one enormous issue that keeps recurring through all my matches. TOO. MANY. HACKERS. Why doesn't put a bigger effort into getting rid of this problem? 

Comments

• BigF33t_13
    6656 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    For one thing the game's close to being sunset, which means no more support. And fairfight has never worked well, and they refuse to implement a third party anti cheat. Don't expect that to change.
  • Ronin9572
    846 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    One of the biggest reasons I went back to console. Companies care less and less about dealing with hackers/cheaters unless their losing money because it!
  • disposalist
    8504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I might be seeing a few more hackers than last year, but it's still not many. 1 every 12 games maybe?  Hackusations, I see 12 every 1 game, however...

I hear it's worse in Asia, but in EU servers *shrug* still not many.
  • Titan_Awaken
    664 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Simply put, it isn't worth the investment for EA especially considering that they want everyone to purchase and migrate to the very disappointing game that is BFV.

I might be seeing a few more hackers than last year, but it's still not many. 1 every 12 games maybe?  Hackusations, I see 12 every 1 game, however...

I hear it's worse in Asia, but in EU servers *shrug* still not many.
    Out of the 600 odd hours of playtime I have in this game spreading across 2017-2019 and hundreds of matches, I've only seen 3 maybe 4 max blatant cheaters in total. I don't know if I'm lucky or not but I don't face much cheating at all in any multiplayer game really.

Oceanic region for reference.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2026 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Typically I encounter a couple of cheaters daily, but I play a lot, between 500k to 1000k in score. Some days none, some days up to five. Aside from a few prominent celebrity cheaters, most are low-to-mid level cheaters easy to make out. Domination has a particular platoon of wallhackers and damage-modders.

• Forkbeard84
    1573 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pretty sure you guys are all PC players?  Its not implicitly stated.  I've not seen hackers that I know of on PS4.
  • BigF33t_13
    6656 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Pretty sure you guys are all PC players?  Its not implicitly stated.  I've not seen hackers that I know of on PS4.
    Yes
  • Ronin9572

Only cheaters to me on PS4 are the ones using scripts/mods on the Cronusmax controller.
  • Fruxen
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would actually say that cheating in BF1 is at an all time low, I've rarely seen one on EU servers for several months now.

Sadly the playerbase in total is also dwindling and there are a lot more 150-250 ping players from outside EU causing trouble with latency.
  • BigF33t_13
    I did notice cheating go way down after BFV hit. I never noticed a ton of blatant cheaters. Of course I ran in to a few obvious ones. But the US East servers were always fairly clean, for the most part. Admittedly, I rarely play much anymore.
  • Sellis97
    167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    They don't care anymore. I am currently getting to lvl 150 and quitting Battlefield for good. BFV fiasco and horrible support after the game dev cycle. The series is going downhill and fast. Every 4th game I run into a blatant cheater in BF1 nowadays. I report them and see them playing two weeks later. One guy even admitted that he has 40 accounts and doesn't' care if this one gets banned. FairFight is doing a horrible job at detecting cheaters. Selling Dice to EA was a BIG mistake. Now look what has happened. Once a glorious franchise flushed down to toilet because EA and their notoriously bad decision making in game development. Little off topic here but the cheating problem is happening in other titles aswell. BFV has big cheating problem, Apex Legends has enormous cheating problem, SWBF2 has many cheaters etc. You get the point. EA game = riddled with cheaters.
  • OskooI_007
    711 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 15
    This morning around 7am US Eastern Time (7pm in Asia) the American server was packed with 200ms ping Asian players. No exaggeration, there was like at least 50 Asian players on the US East Coast server.

I asked in chat, "Why you not playing on Hong Kong servers?" One replies, "Too many invisible hackers everywhere!"

I have noticed an increase of cheaters in Battlefield 1 recently. I'm worried console players will be forced to cross-play with PC players in future games. That would be a disaster! I plan on moving to console in order to get away from PC cheaters.
  • Ronin9572
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    This morning around 7am US Eastern Time (7pm in Asia) the American server was packed with 200ms ping Asian players. No exaggeration, there was like at least 50 Asian players on the US East Coast server.

I asked in chat, "Why you not playing on Hong Kong servers?" One replies, "Too many invisible hackers everywhere!"

I have noticed an increase of cheaters in Battlefield 1 recently. I'm worried console players will be forced to cross-play with PC players in future games. That would be a disaster! I plan on moving to console in order to get away from PC cheaters.

I totally agree with what your saying. I switched back to PS4 years ago due to the rampant cheating/hacking. I also worry about cross platform games, and won't play any that won't have servers dedicated to 1 platform only.
  • Zhuni-I
    195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've noticed a massive amount of hackers in the EU in the last couple of weeks. And I'm talking obvious like damage mods. Its killing the game for me right now and I can't play BFV as its chit
  • disposalist
    8504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Zhuni-I said:
    I've noticed a massive amount of hackers in the EU in the last couple of weeks. And I'm talking obvious like damage mods. Its killing the game for me right now and I can't play BFV as its chit
    Really?  I'm playing in the EU regularly and seeing very few hackers lately.
  • -Antares65z
    1635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Zhuni-I said:
    Really?  I'm playing in the EU regularly and seeing very few hack'ers lately.
    Are you spending time in Spectator with a laptop next to you that you're running suspicous player stats on? Or are you just playing the game and focusing your attention on having fun? The only time you notice a cheater is when they're obvious about it? If they're not obvious, then there aren't many cheaters on the server?  Most cheaters aren't obvious about it because they're smart and how they use cheats so that players don't notice. A simple non-detectable ESP cheat will give a player a big advantage. 
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2026 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    disposalist said:

Zhuni-I said:

Are you spending time in Spectator with a laptop next to you that you're running suspicous player stats on? Or are you just playing the game and focusing your attention on having fun? The only time you notice a cheater is when they're obvious about it? If they're not obvious, then there aren't many cheaters on the server?  Most cheaters aren't obvious about it because they're smart and how they use cheats so that players don't notice. A simple non-detectable ESP cheat will give a player a big advantage. 

Your last sentence have the game away. If they are good enough to leverage that big advantage, they will stand out and be subjected to scrutiny.

That being said, there is the occasional poor player running wallhacks. For the first time in a month or so, I ran into one such specimen last night. He managed a whopping 1KD whilst being completely obvious about it. They exist, but are rare. And I bet they are ones being caught by FF.
  • disposalist
    Zhuni-I said:
    If they aren't using their cheat to do superhuman stuff, then I don't care.

I've got over 2000 hours in BF1 and I usually know from the killcam when I've been killed and it's 'dodgy'.  I then keep an eye on that player's kills and ask other players if they have suspicions.  I then maybe go spectate.

I still very rarely see anyone that is cheating or, if they are using a cheat, it's so subtle that it really doesn't matter.  Let's face it, if they are just performing like a skilled player would who cares?
  • ragnarok013
    3057 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

Thanks for letting us know.  To properly report someone, you'll need to follow the steps in this FAQ: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

This discussion has been closed.