Weekly BF

More and better social commands

LINKERBLOX
97 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Just make something like WOT or War thunder, people should know that you need reinforcements cus you got yourself stuck at B and now youre surrounded and its only a matter of time before the enemy finds you,
and maybe ask for an actual airstrike, by players in bomber planes

Comments

• ForbidRhyme
    133 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree. Expand on the comm rose for sure.

More importantly tho, if your squad lead, have a toggle there as well to open a voice chat to other squad leads. Maybe finally teams can be coordinated to a degree. Maybe add proximity chat for all.

At least add something to voice communicate beyond your squad!
  • barnesalmighty2
    1572 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I suggested expanding the com wheel when the game was new and got chewed up for it lol. I also suggested grabbing ammo and health bags from players like hardline should be added during the beta I got chewed up for that too. So who knows it might happen.
  • Noodlesocks
    3070 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    HUD needs to be improved too so those Comm Rose call outs are actually conveyed to other players because at the moment, the stuff that is in the comm rose isn't being relayed effectively to your teammates.

Proximity chat would be a massive improvement in many regards but for regions with multiple languages, a good game facilitated communication system is crucial. There is no good reason why this game has less effective systems of communication than the previous game three years ago, let alone the very original Battlefield almost two decades ago.
  • mf_shro0m
    1766 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And add the ability to switch to team chat and proximity chat please
  • mf_shro0m
    1766 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 13
    It’d also be cool if squad leaders could drop pins that everyone on the team can see.

For requesting armoured support they could make it so that squad leaders can drop a different pin that specifically means ‘vehicles, please hit here’

It’d also be helpful if we could see which objective the other squads have selected. For example a small ‘a’ or ‘b’ or whatever could appear next to the objective when that squad has it selected
  • StealthAria
    337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They actually used to have more.  Back in the beta we had "follow me," "request reinforcements" and even a "request backup" too.  It was really nice for those of us that wanted to be a bit more tactical without a mic or even just knew how to use the commo-rose, but the majority of players never bothered with any more than the absolute basics or the occasional accidental social.

Something I think is rather telling; Flakfire has a series seldom known things about BfV and nearly half the viewers had no idea they could place markers or that the commo-rose was a thing.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 13
    This game needs so many Quality of Life improvements it would take DICE a Year just working on Quality of Life improvements to improve the game. They can't even do content right much less add improvements to anything.