What is the best assault gun?

starwarsor66
18 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I'm basically after the gun with high damage, low recoil and good using the 3x scope. It can have a medium size or small clip, I don't mind too much.

Comments

• ElliotLH
    8181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly pretty much all of them. But since you're looking for recommendations I'd suggest that out of the SLRs the G43, G1-5, MAS44, M1A1 and Karabin are good for mid-range (not too bad up close either) and you can't go very wrong with the Ribeyrolles, STG1-5 or STG44 for the assault rifles.
  • starwarsor66
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Honestly pretty much all of them. But since you're looking for recommendations I'd suggest that out of the SLRs the G43, G1-5, MAS44, M1A1 and Karabin are good for mid-range (not too bad up close either) and you can't go very wrong with the Ribeyrolles, STG1-5 or STG44 for the assault rifles.

Ok, thanks. I've been using the G43 the most. I switched to the m1a1 for a bit but it doesn't have very high damage, even though the magazine is a lot larger. I like to sacrifice magazine size for damage when possible. Obviously not too much to the point where it's only a few rounds a clip. I think G43 is for me so far. I haven't unlocked anything above level 10 tho.
  • ElliotLH
    8181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

Ok, thanks. I've been using the G43 the most. I switched to the m1a1 for a bit but it doesn't have very high damage, even though the magazine is a lot larger. I like to sacrifice magazine size for damage when possible. Obviously not too much to the point where it's only a few rounds a clip. I think G43 is for me so far. I haven't unlocked anything above level 10 tho.

Yeah I should have taken more attention to you saying high damage. G43 sounds like it's working for you anyway 👍
  • Matty101yttam
    871 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The seibstadler(or whatever) hits hard(3 shot) and has a decent mag,, slower rate of fire but if you can keep calm you can do well with it.
  • starwarsor66
    The seibstadler(or whatever) hits hard(3 shot) and has a decent mag,, slower rate of fire but if you can keep calm you can do well with it.

Yeah I was going to check that one out once I got to the level. Looks good.
  • starwarsor66
    Do the bullets of these guns drop over a distance like the sniper rifles do or did they not add that mechanic into the game?
  • ragnarok013
    3057 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    If you're looking the full auto the M1907 SF has a great rate of fire, little recoil and good damage. I'm actually surprised that people don't complain about this weapon.
  • Cropulus
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would highly recommend the AG m/42. It is my favorite semi auto. 

Other than that I use the Sturmgewehr a lot, but I am thinking about using the STG 44 again.
  • ForbidRhyme
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Selbstlader bar none. A little hard to handle but once you get it down your unstoppable. Peak action man.

And if your good with the G43, the Selbst is basically the same with 16 extra bullets.

As for assault rifles, STG-44 or STG1-5 is a solid bet, but honestly they are all good.
  • ElliotLH
    If you're looking the full auto the M1907 SF has a great rate of fire, little recoil and good damage. I'm actually surprised that people don't complain about this weapon.
    Did you go the hip-fire route with yours @ragnarok013? I've been trying to use this gun more recently and struggle with controlling the recoil, and wondered if it was worth changing the specs.
  • ragnarok013
    3057 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    ElliotLH said:
    Did you go the hip-fire route with yours @ragnarok013? I've been trying to use this gun more recently and struggle with controlling the recoil, and wondered if it was worth changing the specs.
    ElliotLH I did but now I'm experimenting with the accuracy route on ARs to see the differences. All of my SMGs are spec'd to hipfire though.
  • ElliotLH
    ElliotLH said:
    ElliotLH I did but now I'm experimenting with the accuracy route on ARs to see the differences. All of my SMGs are spec'd to hipfire though.
    Thanks! I'll probably give the other route a go then. Ultimately it might just be bad recoil control on my part with my controller.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    I change the specs on all weapons for all classes till I find the right path.
  • starwarsor66
    Cropulus wrote: »

Other than that I use the Sturmgewehr a lot, but I am thinking about using the STG 44 again.

What is the ag m42? I can't see that gun with assault
  • ElliotLH
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    ElliotLH said:
    I change the specs on all weapons for all classes till I find the right path.
    I should probably do that instead of trying to find the middle ground. 
  • KingRofty
    525 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The fire rate and size of the magazine makes it a tricky weapon to use. Once you "commit" to a gunfight, it will be maximum two kills before you have to reload, but most of the time it's only one.
  • Cropulus
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It is a semi-auto assault rifle. It was a gun which you needed to complete the weekly assignment for, so you might need to purchase it for 1700 CC. Westie and Get Good Guy highly recommend this weapon, it has virtually no noticable recoil and the firerate is 450 per minute. It has slightly higher damage than the M1a1.
  • Noodlesocks
    2771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Turner SMLE is good and can have an extended 20 round mag
  • starwarsor66
    starwarsor66 said:

It is a semi-auto assault rifle. It was a gun which you needed to complete the weekly assignment for, so you might need to purchase it for 1700 CC. Westie and Get Good Guy highly recommend this weapon, it has virtually no noticable recoil and the firerate is 450 per minute. It has slightly higher damage than the M1a1.

Oh that sounds cool. I didn't even know guns could be bought in the game haha