What is the best assault gun?

Comments

• GRAW2ROBZ
    1300 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    ElliotLH said:
    If you're looking the full auto the M1907 SF has a great rate of fire, little recoil and good damage. I'm actually surprised that people don't complain about this weapon.
    Did you go the hip-fire route with yours @ragnarok013? I've been trying to use this gun more recently and struggle with controlling the recoil, and wondered if it was worth changing the specs.
    I change the specs on all weapons for all classes till I find the right path.
    I should probably do that instead of trying to find the middle ground. 
    I try all the scopes as well.  On old battlefields it was key to finding the perfect scope to make the weapon a beast.  It was that way for Warfighter as well.
  • ElliotLH
    7832 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    ElliotLH said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    ElliotLH said:
    If you're looking the full auto the M1907 SF has a great rate of fire, little recoil and good damage. I'm actually surprised that people don't complain about this weapon.
    Did you go the hip-fire route with yours @ragnarok013? I've been trying to use this gun more recently and struggle with controlling the recoil, and wondered if it was worth changing the specs.
    I change the specs on all weapons for all classes till I find the right path.
    I should probably do that instead of trying to find the middle ground. 
    I try all the scopes as well.  On old battlefields it was key to finding the perfect scope to make the weapon a beast.  It was that way for Warfighter as well.
    Yeah I did do that too. It's a bit of a mix between irons and scopes for most of mine now.
  • Cropulus
    258 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I use my ability to control recoil to determine the max scope I put on the gun. The higher the magnification the higher the recoil
  • dayglowfroggy
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You asked best assault gun then it's the sturmghewer 1-5.

If you meant the best gun in the assault class then it depends on the situation and your playstyle.

That agm42 has an unusual damage model get a Headshot and it's a two hit kill.

I find the sebb 1916 the worst gun in the class, highest recoil, slowest fire rate equal damage to others oh yes a bigger mag.

Gewer 1-5 is a good rifle.

Stg44 good at all ranges the most do anything rifle in the game not the best at anything was my easy mode gun but I think I have become more aggressive so the sturmghewer beats it for me with only slightly less performance at range.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ribeyrolles 1918. 0 recoil, 25 round mag, fast reload, laser accurate.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Only one I have gold is the StG 44 - but the nerfs to it have ruined it so I tried the Ribey which is ok.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1770 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I find the Ribey the best all round gun for me.  I want to like the STG because it looks good, but just cant get along with it for some reason.  I do like some of the semi autos like the agm42 at mid-longer ranges, but seeing as the engagement range is pretty close on most maps, i just cant look past the ability to mag dump the Ribey at CQ if needed, and it's OK at tap firing out to range too.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My favorites:
    G43 for long range - 3HK, quick reload, great accuracy
    STG 44 for medium range - very controllable
    M1907 SF for close range - super high ROF and has hipfire specs

If you're really accurate the AG m/42 is probably the best, takes 4 bullets with bodyshots, but only 2 headshots and has zero recoil and a fast ROF, so again if you're good at headshots this gun is the best. But honestly Assault doesn't have any bad guns. They're all competitive, so just find the one that feels the best for you.
  • RudyMentally
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For me it also depends on the situation which one is best. So map and how the enemy plays is key to picking what I'm gonna go with.
  • bran1986
    5603 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Turner SMLE. Destroy everything from 10-100 meters out.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6665 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    StG 44
  • Vespervin
    1256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 14
    My favourite weapon for this class is the StG 44. It's great during CQBs and the single-fire mode allows for pretty good long range shooting.
    Post edited by Vespervin on
  • clouseau2112
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's quite interesting to see everyone's opinion on what should be considered the best assault weapon.

And what I find most peculiar...is that only TWO people mentioned the Turner SMLE

Without a doubt...the Turner is the most lethal assault weapon hands down. Damage + rate of fire + low recoil + 20 round magazine + incredible range.

The only weapon remotely close is the AG m/42....but falls shy in rate of fire.

Seriously, disagree....
  • jroggs
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The semi-autos are great on paper, but I find they perform poorly too often due to the trigger lag I get. I don't care for the M1907's tiny mag, recoil, and too-high RoF, but the StGs and Rib work great for me.

Overall, the balance is great, testified to by how there's pretty much always someone who will swear by each weapon. There's no Hellriegel that dominates usage this time around.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    469 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is no bad assault gun just the one you get on least well with. I like the Karabin but that is basically the G43.
  • SirTerrible
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Love that half the weapons for Assault have been mentioned in this thread. They have so many good weapons lol.
  • filthmcnasty
    340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The Ribroyalles is great for what you described, even has a bipod.
  • filthmcnasty
    340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 14
    Cropulus wrote: »
    starwarsor66 said:

I would highly recommend the AG m/42. It is my favorite semi auto. 

Other than that I use the Sturmgewehr a lot, but I am thinking about using the STG 44 again.

What is the ag m42? I can't see that gun with assault

It is a semi-auto assault rifle. It was a gun which you needed to complete the weekly assignment for, so you might need to purchase it for 1700 CC. Westie and Get Good Guy highly recommend this weapon, it has virtually no noticable recoil and the firerate is 450 per minute. It has slightly higher damage than the M1a1.

Oh that sounds cool. I didn't even know guns could be bought in the game haha

They can't. Skins for guns can be bought
    Edit: I just double checked that in game and I'm still certain weapons cannot be bought. I didn't earn the Arditi dagger and nothing in any menu shows I can buy it, just skins
  • NuttysKunKs
    280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    starwarsor66 said:

Other than that I use the Sturmgewehr a lot, but I am thinking about using the STG 44 again.

It is a semi-auto assault rifle. It was a gun which you needed to complete the weekly assignment for, so you might need to purchase it for 1700 CC. Westie and Get Good Guy highly recommend this weapon, it has virtually no noticable recoil and the firerate is 450 per minute. It has slightly higher damage than the M1a1.

But 10 rounds and 4 to kill. It’s carp.

Better rifles to choose
  • ElliotLH
    7832 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 14
    starwarsor66 said:

Oh that sounds cool. I didn't even know guns could be bought in the game haha

They can't. Skins for guns can be bought
    Edit: I just double checked that in game and I'm still certain weapons cannot be bought. I didn't earn the Arditi dagger and nothing in any menu shows I can buy it, just skins

They are bought from My Company, where you change weapons. Only guns and vehicles though as for some reason they haven't ever added the melee weapons, like the fire axe, and it'll no doubt be the same for the Arditi dagger.