What is the best assault gun?

Comments

• filthmcnasty
    340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 14
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Cropulus wrote: »
    starwarsor66 said:

I would highly recommend the AG m/42. It is my favorite semi auto. 

Other than that I use the Sturmgewehr a lot, but I am thinking about using the STG 44 again.

What is the ag m42? I can't see that gun with assault

It is a semi-auto assault rifle. It was a gun which you needed to complete the weekly assignment for, so you might need to purchase it for 1700 CC. Westie and Get Good Guy highly recommend this weapon, it has virtually no noticable recoil and the firerate is 450 per minute. It has slightly higher damage than the M1a1.

Oh that sounds cool. I didn't even know guns could be bought in the game haha

They can't. Skins for guns can be bought
    Edit: I just double checked that in game and I'm still certain weapons cannot be bought. I didn't earn the Arditi dagger and nothing in any menu shows I can buy it, just skins

They are bought from My Company, where you change weapons. Only guns and vehicles though as for some reason they haven't ever added the melee weapons, like the fire axe, and it'll no doubt be the same for the Arditi dagger.

Ah, i wasn't missing any minus melee. Well, it is nice to know that ToW weapons can be bought after time expires. Some of those weapons are awful. Thanks!
    Edit: BTW does that include the vehicles?
  • PvtJohnTowle
    884 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 14
    STG 44 as voted for by Westie he did a video on the best three assaults guns.

• jroggs
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Ah, i wasn't missing any minus melee. Well, it is nice to know that ToW weapons can be bought after time expires. Some of those weapons are awful. Thanks!
    Yep, missed vehicles can be picked up pretty cheap for CC in My Company.
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    712 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 15
    The Gewehr 43 is the only semi automatic in the Assault class that doesn’t jam on me consecutively when depressing the trigger. The jams ruin the experience, so I just stick to autos and my good ol’ Lewis. 
    Post edited by HUMANFRAIL7Y on
  • filthmcnasty
    340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The Gewehr 43 is the only semi automatic in the Assault class that doesn’t jam on me consecutively when depressing the trigger. The jams ruin the experience, so I just stick to autos and my good ol’ Lewis. 

What jams?
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    712 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I depress the trigger fully but no bullet comes out. Only happens with semi autos. Tap, tap, tap, bullet, bullet, no bullet. So annoying that I stopped using the semi autos indefinitely.
  • ElliotLH
    7832 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    starwarsor66 said:

I would highly recommend the AG m/42. It is my favorite semi auto. 

Other than that I use the Sturmgewehr a lot, but I am thinking about using the STG 44 again.

What is the ag m42? I can't see that gun with assault

It is a semi-auto assault rifle. It was a gun which you needed to complete the weekly assignment for, so you might need to purchase it for 1700 CC. Westie and Get Good Guy highly recommend this weapon, it has virtually no noticable recoil and the firerate is 450 per minute. It has slightly higher damage than the M1a1.

Oh that sounds cool. I didn't even know guns could be bought in the game haha

They can't. Skins for guns can be bought
    Edit: I just double checked that in game and I'm still certain weapons cannot be bought. I didn't earn the Arditi dagger and nothing in any menu shows I can buy it, just skins

They are bought from My Company, where you change weapons. Only guns and vehicles though as for some reason they haven't ever added the melee weapons, like the fire axe, and it'll no doubt be the same for the Arditi dagger.

Hopefully they'll add the other rewards eventually but I'm glad you didn't miss any of the guns. It does indeed include vehicles dude so you should find them there too.
  • bran1986
    5603 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

The STG44 is a pretty mediocre weapon. I think the Ribey and M1907 are the best assault rifles, although the Breda is going to trounce them when it gets released in a few weeks.
  • VincentNZ
    2592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The Turner of course. High damage, high clickable ROF, high mag capacity, recoil is average. Good hipfire makes it work in CQ, while having really good range as well.
    If you only want the ARs, it is a tie between the 1-5 and the M1907. Both have a high ROF and hipfire specs, while you can use them at longer ranges. The 1907 has 21 bullets is decently controllable, the 1-5 has 31 bullets giving it a bit more ease-of-use in a 64p environment.
  • ElliotLH
    7832 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

The STG44 is a pretty mediocre weapon. I think the Ribey and M1907 are the best assault rifles, although the Breda is going to trounce them when it gets released in a few weeks.

The M2 looks to be an utter beast too.
  • bran1986
    5603 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

The one downside to the M2 is it is a 5 btk even at close range iirc. The Breda is going to be a STG 44 that is a 4 btk at all ranges.
  • ElliotLH
    bran1986 said:

The one downside to the M2 is it is a 5 btk even at close range iirc. The Breda is going to be a STG 44 that is a 4 btk at all ranges.
    Yeah that's a drawback but I guess it's their way of balancing the ROF? The Breda looks lovely too though, and hopefully it turns up this chapter, and I'm expecting to get on well with it since I really like the M4 in BF4 and it looks similar. 
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1300 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Some reason I cant stand the riby.  I started using it after reading this thread.  I get damage to 99% yet I get killed easily before I fire that last bullet to put me over the top of 99% damage on the enemy.  I don't have it fully specialized yet either.  Maybe it needs all 4 specs to be fully good. 
    But heck I'd take the Sten over the riby any day of the week and be a medic instead.  I guess i'm just so use to being medic or recon.  I kinda find the assault class boring.  Yeah it has the nice gadgets but feels like the piats been nerfed for ground troops.  TNT seems a bit weak for ground troops.  Even though I still use assault lately.
  • VincentNZ
    2592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    Some reason I cant stand the riby.  I started using it after reading this thread.  I get damage to 99% yet I get killed easily before I fire that last bullet to put me over the top of 99% damage on the enemy.  I don't have it fully specialized yet either.  Maybe it needs all 4 specs to be fully good. 
    But heck I'd take the Sten over the riby any day of the week and be a medic instead.  I guess i'm just so use to being medic or recon.  I kinda find the assault class boring.  Yeah it has the nice gadgets but feels like the piats been nerfed for ground troops.  TNT seems a bit weak for ground troops.  Even though I still use assault lately.

It is crap. The only perk it has is the bipod. That is it. The specs are horrible because there is no hipfire spec, meaning it is crap in a very relevant niche. At medium range you lose FTK because of the low ROF over the M1907 and 1-5. And you always lose against the SARs unless you prevalent use will incorporate the bipod.

• GRAW2ROBZ
    1300 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

It is crap. The only perk it has is the bipod. That is it. The specs are horrible because there is no hipfire spec, meaning it is crap in a very relevant niche. At medium range you lose FTK because of the low ROF over the M1907 and 1-5. And you always lose against the SARs unless you prevalent use will incorporate the bipod.

Good.  I thought it was just me.  I felt like I was giving my self up for others to pad others K/D stats.  Then I got rid of the riby.
  • clouseau2112
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trigger lag, guns jamming, lol.

Excuses...lame ones. Never experienced either.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    bran1986 said:

Breda is still in testing.  They did say we do get the other two weapons in chapter 4 yet.  Besides this weeks tank paint job and some dagger in another week after.  Not sure how many weeks before chapter 5 drops.  The window is closing fast. I'll have to count the weeks for chapter 4 TOW's yet when I get on later.
  • bran1986
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    bran1986 said:

PvtJohnTowle wrote: »

Breda is still in testing.  They did say we do get the other two weapons in chapter 4 yet.  Besides this weeks tank paint job and some dagger in another week after.  Not sure how many weeks before chapter 5 drops.  The window is closing fast. I'll have to count the weeks for chapter 4 TOW's yet when I get on later.

Yeah I was going by the stats we know right now, hopefully they realize how broken the gun is and they rectify it. Then again, DICE has a hard on for the assault class so I don't count on it.
  • y_j_es_i
    1365 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you're looking the full auto the M1907 SF has a great rate of fire, little recoil and good damage. I'm actually surprised that people don't complain about this weapon.

It doesn’t have ‘little recoil’. It’s recoil is controllable when burst fired but nonetheless not many players can use it effectively which is why no-one complains about it. It’s 21 round mag is also rather restrictive and means you need to be accurate