Vehicle/plane slot - fix it omg...

Fedayi_ARM
43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Any chance this gets fixed? I mean, really?? Not only the vehicle/planes spawn is idiotic and bugged (someone takes plane/vehicle while it didn't even appear to me at all, etc.), but now one has to manualy set the vehicle or plane every round?
Is this gonna take you to fix a year or so? Are there 15 year olds working there? I tried and tried and tried to like this game (and there are many great things about it!), but these bugs keep killing it.... And with every "patch" thr game is wirse and worse.... Random muzzle (cannon) jumping in tanks is back sgsin?? After being fixed in one of the previous patches? Oh, lord... 

Comments

• ElliotLH
    7832 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What do you mean about having to manually set the vehicle or plane every round? Mine defaults to whatever I used last so I only need to change if I want to use something different, which is quite rare.
  • NLBartmaN
    3059 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    What do you mean about having to manually set the vehicle or plane every round? Mine defaults to whatever I used last so I only need to change if I want to use something different, which is quite rare.

I have to set the plane and tank I want every time I want to use them on PS4.

They are always set at the default one (that I don't want to use).

Loadout mirroring also does not work anymore.
  • ElliotLH
    7832 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 14
    NLBartmaN said:

I have to set the plane and tank I want every time I want to use them on PS4.

They are always set at the default one (that I don't want to use).

Loadout mirroring also does not work anymore.
    Weird. As I mentioned I don't have that issue and only need to change if I want to use something different, like changing from a fighter to a bomber or from a Panzer to a Tiger.

I am however an advocate for pre-selection like we had in BF1 as it was nice to fiddle while waiting for a vehicle to spawn.
  • Fedayi_ARM
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yep, it resets to the first skot every round, so taking a vehicle/plane at the beginning of a round has been impossible for me after the patch that introduced all 5 (or 6?) slots, not only 3 how it used to be.
  • ElliotLH

Yep, it resets to the first skot every round, so taking a vehicle/plane at the beginning of a round has been impossible for me after the patch that introduced all 5 (or 6?) slots, not only 3 how it used to be.
    I've been having a fiddle and I think this might not be an issue for me as I've organised the vehicles in My Company by favourite. So for example the Valentine is first in the list for Allies and the Panzer IV is first in the list for the Axis meaning that those two tanks are first in the list of the redeploy screen. While the game is defaulting to the first slot I've obviously just never noticed as my preferred tank and plane for each side are first in the list.
  • AdvancedMuppetry
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What we need is the spawn system of BF3 and BF4 so that the map pre-determines what type of vehicle you are allowed to spam I mean spawn.  New system is ridiculous.  I didn't like BF1 but the few times I tried it I couldn't stand the vehicle spawn system.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What we need is the spawn system of BF3 and BF4 so that the map pre-determines what type of vehicle you are allowed to spam I mean spawn.  New system is ridiculous.  I didn't like BF1 but the few times I tried it I couldn't stand the vehicle spawn system.

This - so much this.
    It just doesn't make sense to allow aa tanks on maps like aerodrome and on other maps no-one takes an aa tank while you are getting rekt by planes.
  • Jargon113
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe they can fix the vehicle customization also. Like being able to change your character as a pilot or tank operator that was promised over a year ago?
  • DingoKillr
    3474 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

This - so much this.
    It just doesn't make sense to allow aa tanks on maps like aerodrome and on other maps no-one takes an aa tank while you are getting rekt by planes.

That is an easy fix. Just make MAA part of the plane selection, where you either pick a plane or MAA.
  • Fedayi_ARM
    Fedayi_ARM said:

I've been having a fiddle and I think this might not be an issue for me as I've organised the vehicles in My Company by favourite. So for example the Valentine is first in the list for Allies and the Panzer IV is first in the list for the Axis meaning that those two tanks are first in the list of the redeploy screen. While the game is defaulting to the first slot I've obviously just never noticed as my preferred tank and plane for each side are first in the list.

How do you organize them?
  • ElliotLH
    Fedayi_ARM said:

I just changed the three tanks and planes shown in My Company. I'm not 100% about this being the case and it could literally be that the tanks and planes I use most are simply first in the list on the spawn screen. In fact I'm probably totally wrong.
  • THECOMMANDER66
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Worked good in BF3 and 4. So of course they changed it.
  • Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I get it that the process especially at the start should be First Clicked First Served if you know what I mean but it should allow you time to consider what tank/plane you want.

As it is now you have to click and get into what you had last or despite everything you will miss out on spawning due to others grabbing anything.
  • Hawxxeye
    5220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 16
    Jezzzeh said:
    I get it that the process especially at the start should be First Clicked First Served if you know what I mean but it should allow you time to consider what tank/plane you want.

As it is now you have to click and get into what you had last or despite everything you will miss out on spawning due to others grabbing anything.
    For some time the planes had a spawn delay so you could only get one 30 sec after the start of the round. This was helping to reduce the competition with clueless blueberries who at best will quickly crash the plane or at worst they will survive for a long time while killing almost nothing.
  • Fedayi_ARM
    Fedayi_ARM said:

Fedayi_ARM said:

I just changed the three tanks and planes shown in My Company. I'm not 100% about this being the case and it could literally be that the tanks and planes I use most are simply first in the list on the spawn screen. In fact I'm probably totally wrong.

I think that you just are lucky to have the planes/vehicles you want to play with at the first slot. When I want to take bomber or Tiger for example, I have to manualy pick it, which means I lose 95% of the vehicles. The funny thing is, that it WORKED before the patches, the last picked slot was always autopicked, not now, now it is random - always manual pick at the start of the round, SOMETIMES during the round (and sometimes the last picked slot stays)... Now, what is this? Did EA order DICE to spend 95% of their time on some SJW BS that they don't have time to fix even major gamebreaking thingsylet alone smaller (but annoying things)? Well, it is a company that has no ballancer in a multiplayer game, so...
  • BeastofBourbon84
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Checked again because this is also a petpeve of mine since the patch that included all your vehicles into the spawnscreen not just the 3 slots of your company...

The valentine is tank #1 on the Allies side.
    Spitfire is plane #1.
    On axis we have pz4 for #1 and ju88 as plane #1.
    At least that's the way it is for me.

I'd rather have the tiger for tank #1 and Blenheim for plane #1 but sorting through my company does not influence the order on the spawnscreen.
    There is no way to control which vehicle you'll get via spawnspam anymore :(
  • AdvancedMuppetry
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

This - so much this.

That is an easy fix. Just make MAA part of the plane selection, where you either pick a plane or MAA.
    This is kinda brilliant actually.