Running around with a tree for camouflage - SMH

Venomenal1
289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
DICE DICE DICE!!!
Seriously, what kind of game are we playing here?
Marita map, E Objective, not sure where the tree or trees came from but I as a ground troop was running circles around that objective with a tree attached to me, wasn't a small one either. Get it sorted.

And the game still crashes, we are in the middle of August 2019, ask yourselves when this game was released, can you remember, can you?

Comments

• ElliotLH
    8181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 14
    Did you record it by any chance? Sounds like it'd be funny to watch (plus you could enter it as an OIBF contender 😉).
    Post edited by ElliotLH on
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I seen a tree knocked down near that one flag and bouncing around.
  • Venomenal1
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    Did you record it by any chance? Sounds like it'd be funny to watch (plus you could enter it as an OIBF contender 😉).
    I do my best to stay away from that map but if I find myself there again and at E with the tree/s I'll record it for sure.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1477 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

I regularly flatten all the trees to remove assaults cover and they often stick to infantry and vehicles at least on ps4.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    521 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've seen it around E too. PS4 as well.
  • Noodlesocks
    2771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fun fact: debris is client side. You may see a fallen tree, other players probably won't.
  • MrCamp121
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ive seen someone run around with what appeared to be a church bench sticking out their behinds on devastation after a tank shot some of the wood lol
  • ElliotLH
    8181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Venomenal1 wrote: »
    ElliotLH said:

I do my best to stay away from that map but if I find myself there again and at E with the tree/s I'll record it for sure.

Awesome I could do with a good laugh.
    ElliotLH wrote: »

I regularly flatten all the trees to remove assaults cover and they often stick to infantry and vehicles at least on ps4.

Probably just something I've never noticed in that case. I'll keep an eye out for sure. I did see a dead body break dancing in the match I just played so at least that was funny.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4549 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I used to squad up with trees on BF4. Skip to 9:50 in the following video:
  • Venomenal1
    Fun fact: debris is client side. You may see a fallen tree, other players probably won't.
    that's so weird.
  • filthmcnasty
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Venomenal1 wrote: »
    DICE DICE DICE!!!
    Seriously, what kind of game are we playing here?
    Marita map, E Objective, not sure where the tree or trees came from but I as a ground troop was running circles around that objective with a tree attached to me, wasn't a small one either. Get it sorted.

And the game still crashes, we are in the middle of August 2019, ask yourselves when this game was released, can you remember, can you?

It's the new Arnold Schwarzenegger skin from the opening scene in Commando!
  • Matty101yttam
    871 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Your lucky, tree's usually work against me, i'm usually left trying to find the person amongst the fallen tree's while the person its on is running around without even knowing they are in it...even had trees pop up where there are no trees like a flash mob or something,(also)turn the sound down if you don't want to hear us talking(some language) 
  • Venomenal1

Your lucky, tree's usually work against me, i'm usually left trying to find the person amongst the fallen tree's while the person its on is running around without even knowing they are in it...even had trees pop up where there are no trees like a flash mob or something,(also)turn the sound down if you don't want to hear us talking(some language) 
    😂😂😂
  • Turban_Legend80
    4549 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Turban_Legend80 said:

Lol wow never seen that before!

I guess they sacked the Lumphini groundskeeper when they stopped supporting BF4.
  • OrionPherrit
    445 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I could use a tree attachment for additional camouflage, as in the Birnamwood scene from a certain Shakespeare play: 😂
    scan-100518-0011.jpg
  • disposalist
    8504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 15
    I only played BF5 for about 50 hours and remember getting trees attached to- and dragged around by- my soldier until I died.  It happened at least twice.  Way before Marita was even in the game.

Honestly there were so many similar issues I gave up making recordings to post in the first days of release.

My particular 'favourite' was the weird stuff a trailer would do when pulled.  Flipping around and making your vehicle wobble like you were in an earthquake.  Once caused my vehicle to flip into the air.  Awesome.

There must be a ton of YouTube clips of this kind of thing.