Player numbers?

sypherdemise
postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I'm wondering if Battlefield 4 has more players than battlefield 5. I've heard from my friends that due to 5s many issues surrounding it's launch and it's still buggy state that compared to 1 and 4 it has a low player count, atleast on ps4 is this true?

Comments

• HillbillyJohn
    493 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just did a server seach for all game modes, all regions and both Bf4 and Bfv show 100+ servers each.
  • Jargon113
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 is still more popular.
  • HillbillyJohn
    493 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bf4 is a much better game imo, if Dice were to remaster it  I would buy it again.
  • 63Countryman
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bf4 is a much better game imo, if Dice were to remaster it  I would buy it again.
    Yup!
  • ps_865
    358 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I play BFH and BF4 now, some BF1, and almost completely stopped the BF5. BFH is live and kicking! 
  • BangBoomPow98
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've purchased BF5 3x got refunded 2x and because I refused to give up on this game I got it and I still don't play it much as I play BF1,BFH or BF4 I don't know what they did but it really sucks and I don't care what anyone says BFHardline weapons feel and sounds so good its what keeps me going back to play it it's sad there's no DLC servers they are awesome to play
  • HillbillyJohn
    ps_865 said:
    I play BFH and BF4 now, some BF1, and almost completely stopped the BF5. BFH is live and kicking! 
    I just saw that BFH deluxe edition is on sale in the PlayStation store for $6.24, I can't pass that up!
  • IDazzlerazzle
    405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ps_865 said:
    I just saw that BFH deluxe edition is on sale in the PlayStation store for $6.24, I can't pass that up!
    Good luck finding players to play on these deluxe dlc maps
  • HillbillyJohn
    ps_865 said:
    I think the deluxe version is just extra battlepacks, no dlc.  It would be great if Dice would make the dlc free for everyone.
  • The_BERG_366
    2258 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 16
    I'm wondering if Battlefield 4 has more players than battlefield 5. I've heard from my friends that due to 5s many issues surrounding it's launch and it's still buggy state that compared to 1 and 4 it has a low player count, atleast on ps4 is this true?

People keep trying to make this point but it really doesn't make a lot of sense. the older games aren't more popular, not even close. you can just do some region locked searching using the server browser and you will see. also if you search something a little more specific than just standard conquest it gets a lot harder to find servers pretty quickly. people even went as far as claiming that bfh is "live and kicking"... a game with less than 100 concurrent players on ps4, which is by far the most popular platform. I think the whole thing about games being "dead" or not is really just a completely subjective topic. People don't care how many people are actually playing in the different playlists of the game. if they don't find it fun and their friends stopped playing they claim its "dead".... ****...

I wouldn't... remasters are boring imo. I have yet to see a single really successful remaster of any game. people buy them for nostalgia reasons but for the most part don't stick to them for long. of course there's nothing wrong with remasteres a priori but thinking a remaster would be a big game maybe even growing the community is ridiculous.
  • HillbillyJohn
    So if bf4 gets a remaster don't buy it, now we're all happy!
  • ps_865
    358 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ps_865 said:

You wont regret it!
  • ps_865
    HillbillyJohn said:

ps_865 said:

Really shame they dont give them for free. Some DLC maps are absolutely amazing, like cemetery, or Pacific. They did so for BF4, tho.
  • ps_865

People keep trying to make this point but it really doesn't make a lot of sense. the older games aren't more popular, not even close. you can just do some region locked searching using the server browser and you will see. also if you search something a little more specific than just standard conquest it gets a lot harder to find servers pretty quickly. people even went as far as claiming that bfh is "live and kicking"... a game with less than 100 concurrent players on ps4, which is by far the most popular platform. I think the whole thing about games being "dead" or not is really just a completely subjective topic. People don't care how many people are actually playing in the different playlists of the game. if they don't find it fun and their friends stopped playing they claim its "dead".... ****...

I wouldn't... remasters are boring imo. I have yet to see a single really successful remaster of any game. people buy them for nostalgia reasons but for the most part don't stick to them for long. of course there's nothing wrong with remasteres a priori but thinking a remaster would be a big game maybe even growing the community is ridiculous.

>"live and kicking"... a game with less than 100 concurrent players

There are 1-2 full CQ servers, and few full BM, Heist and Hwire servers. And you have few that you can join.

Also, currently, there are two rented servers, bank job and downtown with 400% tickets. These two have a usual line up of 2-3 players waiting.

So, Id say it's more like 300-500 concurent players at any time during the week
  • The_BERG_366
    2258 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ps_865 wrote: »

>"live and kicking"... a game with less than 100 concurrent players

There are 1-2 full CQ servers, and few full BM, Heist and Hwire servers. And you have few that you can join.

Also, currently, there are two rented servers, bank job and downtown with 400% tickets. These two have a usual line up of 2-3 players waiting.

So, Id say it's more like 300-500 concurent players at any time during the week

yep a 0 went missing there. was meant to be 1000... not 100...
  • HillbillyJohn
    ps_865 said:
    HillbillyJohn said:

ps_865 said:

Really shame they dont give them for free. Some DLC maps are absolutely amazing, like cemetery, or Pacific. They did so for BF4, tho.
    They did give away some of them at one time because I have 3 of them,  and I think they may also be included with EA access.
  • KMAsterisk
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ps_865 said:

IDazzlerazzle wrote: »
    HillbillyJohn said:

ps_865 said:

They did give away some of them at one time because I have 3 of them,  and I think they may also be included with EA access.

BF4 and BFH DLC packs were both free downloads in the weeks leading up to BF1s launch, 1 pack in a 2 week window if I recall correctly.
  • BangBoomPow98
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think if you have EA Access its free to play including the Dlcs for Bfh and other Battlefield games like Gamepass.