Weekly BF

Brilliant fan-made cosmetic concepts

PeaceWeaver
86 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
If you don’t follow Reddit’s BF communities, you may have missed this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldCosmetics/comments/cpxbf3/fanmade_soldiers_concept_all_in_4_pics_divided_by/

It’s all good, but man, just look at those concepts for Europe...

k5sh2pn7f9g31.jpg

Would love to see a lot more of this sort of thing, and a lot less of the current Armory offerings.

... after some much-needed bug fixes, of course. :)

Comments

• xMilo_99
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Those uniforms, just by looking at them, already feel a lot more like proper WW2 uniforms unlike those present in the game. This is what the player models should look like by default. A big thumbs up from me! 
  • Broliszibaila
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah. This is so sad, that these devs missed such opportunity. Its hard to be educated in these days.
  • Normandie-I944
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    These need to be posted to the Battlefield Reddit where devs are reading the posts. I would actually pay some real money for these skins.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    These need to be posted to the Battlefield Reddit where devs are reading the posts. I would actually pay some real money for these skins.
    They've been posted multiple times to multiple subreddits. The devs have said that they've 'passed these on as suggestions to their team', but I highly doubt they'll do anything about it.
  • 4Primeval
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The ****'s look too frightening. So no
  • 4Primeval
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wow! so i cant call the German army of the Third Reich by their other name? -.-

• ninjapenquinuk
    1908 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For a game that wants to make money from cosmetics, DICE have done a really awful job. As EA know with FUT and the success of Fortnite, there are plenty of kids, and yes mainly kids, who are willing to shell out their parents cash on cosmetic items, yet what do DICE release..... 
  • DasScharminkel
    61 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 15
    you tell me about it, i am german and i dont mind using the term. it was a and still is a much used moniker so why should someone bother? 

as for the uniforms, they look indeed pretty well done although i think the lower right, feldgendarmerie, wouldn't be used at the front lines and switch gear if used in a last ditch effort.

as for looking "scary" i mean we are the bad guys, is it that hard to not use just wehrmacht troops but the "other faction"( seems the term is censored) as well. the uniforms were a thing of beauty. heard a saying if ww2 was a beauty contest, germany would have won.
    after all they were designed by hugo boss.

but i doubt with all the moral standards flying around one would acknowledge military prowess and quality of gear and weaponry. same thing with the real german flag at the time, i guess. they were there, no need to hide that fact of history.
  • Broliszibaila
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They've been posted multiple times to multiple subreddits. The devs have said that they've 'passed these on as suggestions to their team', but I highly doubt they'll do anything about it.
    Its so stupid! Do they have any ideas about marketing?
  • GeneralXIV
    259 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 15

Those look great :)

Very similar to the customization options we have already in the game, imo. I actually tried to recreate some... they're not perfect, and I don't have all of the options available to do it, but I think I came relatively close with a few of them, minus some specifics. I did enhance the color a little because I think it made the images look closer to the options there, but eh

(just a reminder that these took me about two minutes, it might be possible to create them in-game in a better way)

Soothsayer/The Jackal:

Demolisher:

Stormchaser:

The Patriot:

Royal Engineer:

Holy Ghost:

• LinkZeppeloyd
    799 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ferdinand_J_Foch said:

Normandie-I944 said:

Its very simple. EA just wants to sell skins and boins. Thats all. Period. If BFV had realistic uniforms, that would include not-c uniforms. But, they don’t want to be seen as profiting from selling not-c regalia.

So, they won’t. Which for the millionth time begs the question: if EA is unwilling to show not-c images... WHY THE HECK DID THEY DO A WW2 THEME IN THE FIRST PLACE?
  • bigiain
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They started making this before Fortnite blew up. WW2 would let them easily use a lot of BF1  assets and game mechanics again. At some point they decided to try and sell lots of cosmetics and looked at what sells in other games and added a lot of BR mechanics. Tell everyone that it's more hardcore and you've got BFV.
  • Vespervin
    1344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldCosmetics/comments/cpxbf3/fanmade_soldiers_concept_all_in_4_pics_divided_by/

k5sh2pn7f9g31.jpg

Would love to see a lot more of this sort of thing, and a lot less of the current Armory offerings.

Those look amazing! Cosmetics I’d actually buy. A missed opportunity.
  • PeaceWeaver
    86 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vespervin wrote: »

k5sh2pn7f9g31.jpg

Those look amazing! Cosmetics I’d actually buy. A missed opportunity.

Yup. I’d buy the heck out of that stuff. Sadly, this is the best I’ve been able to do in-game:

WIRtMP6.jpg

(Seamus, though pushing it, is the only elite along with Norman to a lesser extent who looks even remotely appropriate, and is the only way to achieve a high-waisted trousers plus tucked in shirt look for the Brits).

Some of the German cosmetics this chapter were sort of a step in the right direction (esp. The Kraken and The Wanderer). Still a very long way to go, though. Would it be so hard, Dice, to make some proper British trousers and shoes? Or to release a long-sleeved version of The Sandman? And give us some more Brodies with chin straps, like the Winter Brodie? How about some CC-purchaseable red berets that don’t have silly ski goggles and ski masks, like the ones you see on tankers? Also, why is it that pretty much the ONLY cosmetic piece thus far that has semi-appropriate insignia on it is the US airborne jacket? What about the Brits and Germans? It’s okay to use the American flag and the airborne eagle patch on a jacket, but you balk at using the reichsadler (even sans swastika)? And the only places you’ll find the iron cross are on utterly ridiculous-looking pieces like Canis Horribilis and Baron von Zorn? This is what’s so frustrating about BFV’s cosmetic system: you have a few pieces that look like they actually belong in a WWII game, interspersed with many other pieces that don’t look even remotely appropriate. It’s so inconsistent.
  • StahlKrahe
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ferdinand_J_Foch said:

Normandie-I944 said:

Its very simple. EA just wants to sell skins and boins. Thats all. Period. If BFV had realistic uniforms, that would include not-c uniforms. But, they don’t want to be seen as profiting from selling not-c regalia.

So, they won’t. Which for the millionth time begs the question: if EA is unwilling to show not-c images... WHY THE HECK DID THEY DO A WW2 THEME IN THE FIRST PLACE?
    There is lots of clothing that is realistic, people would probably be surprised on how many cosmetics were used irl they thought were just for "cool". The new Nachtigall set for instance.....was not used by nice people.