why you cut out Trigger Destruction Events

ErrOrZ48
47 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
hope for add in next battlefield

Comments

• lunajpsn
    37 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I personally enjoyed them - even if they were gimmicky.

Look at BF5...the environments are hardly destructible. BF1 and BF4 had a good amount of destruction.

In BF1, the ground could be cratered so badly by artillery/tanks that it would change the environment and make pushing an objective more interesting. It was fun.
  • Godmodegta
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 15
    BFV or DICE quoted "you can Destroy everything on map" I guess I let my thought get carry away.

For exsample , i would've thought you can blow down the giant stone bridge in hamada

Or in twisted steel , destroy the bridge, cause in some of DICE video and in this image, this bridge is intact Nevermind, i believe that was a imagin of Grind game mode.

• llPhantom_Limbll
    5320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Levolution was a pointless gimmick. Nothing more.
  • lunajpsn
    37 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Still more fun than BFV. I’d rather have over the top destruction then what BFV is offering. Pansaufraust can barely even take down a wall...
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    lunajpsn said:

Still more fun than BFV. I’d rather have over the top destruction then what BFV is offering. Pansaufraust can barely even take down a wall...
    I haven't said what is "more fun". I said levolution is pointless and not worth implementing. Because only a couple of maps in bf4 actually have decent event which changes the gameplay. Like Flood Zone.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1770 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As much as they could be fun and game play changing, the fact that the same event happened at nearly the same point in every round kind of made it pointless.
  • Noodlesocks
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Too gimmicky, most of the levolution was impossible to occur through regular gameplay. There had to be an active effort to trigger it and often it just made the map worse.
  • Elephante33
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I miss them alot, and I honestly feel they added alot to make long matches stay entertaining. Now the maps are closer to a CoD map with a small fence being able to stop a tank
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1300 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lunajpsn said:
    I personally enjoyed them - even if they were gimmicky.

Look at BF5...the environments are hardly destructible. BF1 and BF4 had a good amount of destruction.

In BF1, the ground could be cratered so badly by artillery/tanks that it would change the environment and make pushing an objective more interesting. It was fun.
    Bad Company 2 had the best 2.0 destruction.
  • Matty101yttam
    802 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My only gripe with bf4 destruction was how neutral it was, it's actually just like bfv fortifications in that whether you do or don't it has no impact on one team any more than the other.
    If for instance the building on siege of shanghai,  instead of falling uselessly into the water was instead given multiple directions to fall depending on the location of damage, so that you could collapse it towards the flags to create a bridge in the water or fall backwards one way or the other to hit land units crossing the bridges.