This week's Tide of War

filthmcnasty
340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited August 15
Time honored classics, large maps and vehicular warfare. This is considered old school now? If anyone questioned DICE's vision for this game, here it is!

Dear DICE,
Please stop with this infantry focused meta, it's not the core Battlefield experience

I can see the community eventually saying, "Remember when Battlefield had vehicles?"

Comments

• X_Sunslayer_X
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    i dont know what game you are playing but this weeks TOW is literally all about vehicles
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1300 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tank paint job looks cool.
  • filthmcnasty
    340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i dont know what game you are playing but this weeks TOW is literally all about vehicles
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    Tank paint job looks cool.

Yeah, if you ever get the tank spawn to use it
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

And the meta is about infantry! It's alarming that the update message for this week's ToW calls it "old school". Go back and play anything before BF1, vehicles were everywhere. BF1 made it a point to make vehicles rare which made sense because it's ww1. But this is WW2! The golden age of tank warfare and minus Panzerstorm each map has about 2 tanks max. Golmud Railway in BF4 had about 5 tank spawns, 3 APCs, 1 mobile arty, 2 jets, 2 or 3 helos, 1 AA, and jeeps unlimited. THAT was BF

dont know what you are playing but planes and tanks are literally everywhere in BFV just not in a PTFO style we don't do that in BFV anymore
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1300 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I was reading the specs Braddock posted.  Some seem easy like repairs and throw ammo and what not.  But one said about killing like 3 vehicles while in a tank and some other stuff.  So if your not in a tank you wont get some of these fast and could get stuck.  If tankers are hogging the tanks.
  • impulsive_tango
    197 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

And the meta is about infantry! It's alarming that the update message for this week's ToW calls it "old school". Go back and play anything before BF1, vehicles were everywhere. BF1 made it a point to make vehicles rare which made sense because it's ww1. But this is WW2! The golden age of tank warfare and minus Panzerstorm each map has about 2 tanks max. Golmud Railway in BF4 had about 5 tank spawns, 3 APCs, 1 mobile arty, 2 jets, 2 or 3 helos, 1 AA, and jeeps unlimited. THAT was BF

This!

• filthmcnasty
    filthmcnasty said:

X_Sunslayer_X wrote: »

dont know what you are playing but planes and tanks are literally everywhere in BFV just not in a PTFO style we don't do that in BFV anymore

No, tanks don't PTFO in BF5 and that's the problem. They were a afterthought. Poorly balanced vs infantry with planes being the only way to break up troop concentrations, if you can keep a bomber in the air to support ground troops but that never happens, it's all fighters all the time.
    And by saying tanks don't PTFO anymore confirms by claim that this is a infantry game. Even in BF1 tanks PFTO because they were balanced, in BF4 vehicles were the main units to capture flags. This game is all about infantry combat, like CoD
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    filthmcnasty said:

X_Sunslayer_X wrote: »

No, tanks don't PTFO in BF5 and that's the problem. They were a afterthought. Poorly balanced vs infantry with planes being the only way to break up troop concentrations, if you can keep a bomber in the air to support ground troops but that never happens, it's all fighters all the time.
    And by saying tanks don't PTFO anymore confirms by claim that this is a infantry game. Even in BF1 tanks PFTO because they were balanced, in BF4 vehicles were the main units to capture flags. This game is all about infantry combat, like CoD
    BFV was an afterthought so why should tanks be different.
    if you just scratch the surface of the game you will se everything is balanced like a toddler did it. classes/weapons/planes/tanks/maps/teams everything is rotten to the core
  • Amgtree
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game is more infantry based because of the tanks are not fun to use. They have zero mobility, limited ammo, confusing UI, weird customization, garbage spawning system, and awful tank on tank combat. I know it's a ww2 he but dam you could take some creative liberties. They already did it to push their politics.

I don't want to use vehicles in this game and I'm sure a large portion doesn't either.
  • DRUNKMONKEY9821
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tanks are weak. plans are weak. this game is soft
  • ElliotLH
    7832 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 15
    I quite enjoyed the tasks myself. The ones I did to get the skin were pretty quick and I found them mostly fun anyway. Haven't had so many eager supports rushing to repair my tank for quite some time either.
  • filthmcnasty
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    I quite enjoyed the tasks myself. The ones I did to get the skin were pretty quick and I found them mostly fun anyway. Haven't had so many eager supports rushing to repair my tank for quite some time either.

I had 2 supports repair me today, that's the first time in happened in months. The vehicle I get the most use out of is the half tracks, sadly
  • ProAssassin2003
    3251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I had 2 supports repair me today, that's the first time in happened in months. The vehicle I get the most use out of is the half tracks, sadly

It's so sad that the only time any teamwork happens is when TOW wants you to.
  • jroggs
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

That's a lot of vehicles, but not enough for everyone. Remind me, how's the gameplay on Golmud for the players stuck as infantry?

At a certain point, you might as well just make all vehicles unlimited, or give infantry some equal tools. But I don't think most vehicle enthusiasts want a fair fight like that.
  • ElliotLH
    7832 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Enjoy it while it lasts haha

It's so sad that the only time any teamwork happens is when TOW wants you to.

Yes it's a shame that it's not a regular occurrence.
  • Hawxxeye
    5220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

It is hard for a plane to help with the objective if it has such a hard time seeing the enemies in conjunction with the tiny blast/splash of the MGs and bombs.
    Perhaps if the flares had double the duration (they can be destroyed anyway) we would be getting somewhere with accurate ground support
  • VincentNZ
    2592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Mate yeah, Golmud had a lot of vehicles. Panzerstorm has 7 tanks, countless halftracks and two planes. Plus the ability to spawn 3 additional heavy vehicles at any time. Per side. Marita is the first map to not feature any heavy vehicles. Every other had them and quite a few at that as well. Twisted Steel and Hamada has 4 tanks per side, Panzerstorm as said 7, Mercury and Arras 2(?), Devastation and Rotterdam have 1 spawn and Fjell has no tanks but 11 planes.
    If we compare it to BF4 and especially BF3 launch maps this really holds up.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    This week's TOW was easy.  I probably completed it all in a hour and a half.  Also jumping server to server.  It was mainly the first one took a little bit cause most of the blue berries were hogging all the vehicles.
  • Woodlbrad
    562 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pain in the **** with limited spawns.