Snipers and sights

Driver8ght
postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited August 15
The Snipers in my opinion need a complete overhaul. Snipers are getting out sniped by every other gun types except smg. There also needs to be more reticle options like in BF1. This game lacks customizations that actually have an effect on gameplay. For instance BF4 had all the attachments you could ever wish for and bf1 had different variants of the gun for what you like to use and all had reticle and zoom options. Which in this game the zooms are not correct and inconsistent between guns. I do also feel like the 6 times should lose the black around the scope.

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bullet velocity needs to be increased to be more in line with every other gun.
    Need 1x-2x sights for the rifles.
    Everything up to 2x sights (including aperture) should allow working the bolt without having to unscope.
    3x scope glint should be removed or added to all 3x scopes for all classes.

Personally I'd also like to see them being capable of killing within 10m to facilitate aggressive play. Either that or reduce their hip fire accuracy penalty to that of semi auto rifles.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sniping in this game take lots of skill and requires many hours to put in sniping to get decent results. i snipe for around 200 hours and still think I'm below average. 
    Something can be done to make sniping easier but you're still effective because of range and ability to ohk in the head. Work on your aim and accuracy to make sure at least 2/3 of your kills and headshots and at least every 3rd shot hits the target.
  • ElliotLH
    7832 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There also needs to be more reticle options like in BF1. 
    Yes it very much does. For all scopes.
  • CT1924
    30 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Also a note on if something glints or not would be nice in game. Like, do 3x scopes glint on my AT Boys and Model 8?
  • KMAsterisk
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Recon 3x/6x do give glint, all other classes do not.
  • y_j_es_i
    1365 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sniping in this game take lots of skill and requires many hours to put in sniping to get decent results. i snipe for around 200 hours and still think I'm below average. 
    Something can be done to make sniping easier but you're still effective because of range and ability to ohk in the head. Work on your aim and accuracy to make sure at least 2/3 of your kills and headshots and at least every 3rd shot hits the target.

The fact that someone can be effective with a BA as things are doesn’t mean that they’re balanced
  • y_j_es_i
    1365 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bullet velocity needs to be increased to be more in line with every other gun.Need 1x-2x sights for the rifles.Everything up to 2x sights (including aperture) should allow working the bolt without having to unscope.3x scope glint should be removed or added to all 3x scopes for all classes. Personally I'd also like to see them being capable of killing within 10m to facilitate aggressive play. Either that or reduce their hip fire accuracy penalty to that of semi auto rifles.

I think they should

- I’m against making BAs being able to OHK in CQC because then they could be used like shotguns. However I think they should introduce sweet spots at 10-40m and 10-70m (OHK to head and torso) for the bolt-actions depending on their damage output so recons get a buff at ptfo distances where ARs and LMGs are a serious threat
    - Buff the recon weapons’ muzzle velocities to their real life values
    - Let all weapons have access to a x2 scope like the Selb06’s whilst making all x3 scopes glint like the recon ones
  • Godmodegta
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    why do player want sniper rifle velocity increase?
  • y_j_es_i
    Godmodegta wrote: »

The lower the bullet’s velocity the easier it is for players to sidestep bullets and the greater the drop the shooter needs t compensate for

Atm the muzzle velocities of the bolt-actions is lower than those of some of the assault guns which is ridiculous and the bullets shot by assault guns don’t have drag which slows the bullet down during its flight
  • Hawxxeye
    5220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    To have a better chance of hitting perpetually moving insects.

• Noodlesocks
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice reduced the velocity of bolt action rifles to a point where their rounds travel slower than most other weapons. Combined with their slow rate of fire and the lack of momentum that player models demonstrate, it puts them in the position where they are outclassed at all ranges by many other weapons, even at ranges they are supposed to excel at.