Weekly Debrief

Terrible players.

Comments

• mf_shro0m
    1469 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They exist on every platform. But if you're on PS4 you have it the worst trust me I've played extensively on Xbox, PC and PS4. I'd rank players in terms of skill, team work and playing the objective:
    1)PC
    2)Xbox
    3)PS4

The difference between PC and PS4 objective play and skill is very noticeable. You never see some of the things you see on PS4 on PC. Sometimes on ps4 an entire team will be down to one flag after 60 seconds from the start of the round because legitimately no one is pushing beyond the gimme flag.

Thats very bald statement. I would say xboner and ps4 share the same spot. Both platforms have great players, decent players, average players, bad players and total potatoes. PC is different league not saying its master race as I have seen total potatoe heads while playing CS for 10 years.

A publication actually did some research and they found that in terms of spm and accuracy the average Xbox player does better than the average PS4 in shooters

Tbf aiming with a mouse is easier than aiming with a controller
  • bigiain
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A lot of players seem completely lost in this, it's like some sort of critical mass has been reached where the majority of players no longer understand the basics of the game. The TTD (especially the instant deaths), the lack of spotting, the visibility, the slow shift towards infantry meat grinder maps and the popularity of battle royale games (not here though) has pushed the population into a place where a lot of people just hide, either in a corner or on a hill. 

It's not like older games where you could lose because you had a few poor players more than the other team, it's now possible to be on a team where the majority of the team don't seem interested in winning.
  • Hawxxeye
    5591 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 16
    My personal most hated players are:
    1) Those who use the chat box to insult others and/or to flex/annoy them. (PC exclusive)
    2) Those who selfishly deprive the team from an asset like a vehicle so they can k/d farm all the round
    3) the rest of the obsesive k/d increase camping clowns
  • Major_Pungspark
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Watched some of the video, the most interesting ting is how stupid the drone view is on the tank.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The players I dislike the most are the ones too stupid to understand a flank, spawn on me and stand still spamming usually missing all their shots.

Followed closely by everyone who spends most of their games prone no matter what weapon they're using.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I was playing breakthrough yesterday when the squad leader had a mental breakdown screeching at this guy on the squad for building fortifications on the front line instead of shooting.  The guy wasn’t even on mic, yet this dolt was practically n hysterics yelling for him to gat out of the game.  I had to block the fool.  Do you guys act like this too?
    Yeah some people can be outright toxic and not realize that people are playing the game casually. I talk on the mic and sometimes I have to curtail it back and I'm not even toxic . I'll ask for revives or I'll voice disappointment which comes off like it's my squad  fault when sometimes it's not. When using the mic, thank you and asking for a long way.

I remember some guy joined my squad was calling people dumb, stupid, trash. he was a complete weirdo.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    1) Those who use the chat box to insult others and/or to flex/annoy them. (PC exclusive)
    2) Those who selfishly deprive the team from an asset like a vehicle so they can k/d farm all the round
    I don't mind number 1 especially if it's in meet. Flex all you want .

Some guy talked about having relations with my sister in bf1 because I kept owning him. In the past heading stuff like that would have upset me but when he said it I was like oh, really? Cool. I probably drove her over.

He stopped talking. I still see him in bf1. Probably doesn't even remember that. :D
  • GeneralXIV
    238 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They exist on every platform. But if you're on PS4 you have it the worst trust me I've played extensively on Xbox, PC and PS4. I'd rank players in terms of skill, team work and playing the objective:
    1)PC
    2)Xbox
    3)PS4

The difference between PC and PS4 objective play and skill is very noticeable. You never see some of the things you see on PS4 on PC. Sometimes on ps4 an entire team will be down to one flag after 60 seconds from the start of the round because legitimately no one is pushing beyond the gimme flag.

I play on PS4, and this is definitely my experience! You always know, within the first 30 seconds of the game starting, whether your team will win or lose. In 9/10 games, everyone, literally, will run to the 'central' objective and stay there for the entire game, no matter how many other objectives they lose. Its actually quite interesting to see how many people (Id say 9/10 players you meet) have no concept of owning more flags to win the game. On Aerodome, for example, taking C is a lose-lose situation. If your team has C, they will stay at C while the enemy team takes A and B or D, E and F... and you'll lose the game heavily. However, if the enemy team has C, your team will throw themselves at C like a horde of zombies, never attacking the other objectives. This means that, even when each team has 3 objectives, your team will lose tickets at a faster rate because C is like a kill-zone for the defending team. And apparently I'm the only one that understands that.

Squad leaders will always order you to attack the central objectives, and never change their order... which is stupid, to me, anyway, so I ignore them because I think it's a smarter move to think "ok, there are sooooo many people attacking this objective already, there is no need for any more. Especially at the start of the game. We should take more objectives than just that one", so I'll try and capture another objective... usually alone. Im not even gonna pretend I'm a good player at Battlefield V: I suck. But I think that I... well, think more than the other players, even if I dont have the skills.

It isn't uncommon for one team to take almost every objective within the first few minutes of the game. Games ending 400-0 are common, whereas games that end 100-0 or less are... rare.

I have a formula for calculating how likely you are to lose a game of Battlefield V:

[number of players that run to the central objectives at the start of a game] = C
    [number of recons on your team] = R

The formula is: (C x R) ÷ π

So if your team has 31 players that run into the center of the map and 8 recons on your team, you have a 78% chance of losing the game.
  • mf_shro0m
    1469 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 16
    I don’t have an issue with bad players who ptfo but bad players who camp are just scum. Whether they’re corner camping, prone camping, AA camping or tank camping, they need to grow a pair.

Oh and ambivalent medics. The ones who never revive. I wish that people who never revive got marked somehow so I know not to bother reviving them. An eye for an eye, a gift for a gift

As frustrating as it can be when you have an idiot on your team, it can be really funny and some people are just stupid. They can’t help it
  • mf_shro0m
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    oldmandown65 said:
    I was playing breakthrough yesterday when the squad leader had a mental breakdown screeching at this guy on the squad for building fortifications on the front line instead of shooting.  The guy wasn’t even on mic, yet this dolt was practically n hysterics yelling for him to gat out of the game.  I had to block the fool.  Do you guys act like this too?

No. If I'm squad leader I don't usually expect randoms to follow my orders or communicate so let them do their thing. The only time I generally lose my temper is when a request order spammer joins, despite not following the orders which are already set, but then I just kick them (usually more than once since they often seem to rejoin and spam again). That guy just sounds toxic or had a reeeeeeaaaaaallllyyyyyy bad day and was taking it out on them.

I usually only play with randoms because my friends irl don’t really game and I find that when I’m setting objectives, giving vocal orders and trying to be a team player, like half the time at least 2 of my randomer squad mates listen 🤷🏼‍♂️

I think that more people would start using mics if they hear others using theirs constructively as opposed to just using them to shout abuse at other people
  • mf_shro0m
    Pelliy wrote: »
    Hawxxeye said:
    My personal most hated players are:1) Those who use the chat box to insult others and/or to flex/annoy them. (PC exclusive)
    2) Those who selfishly deprive the team from an asset like a vehicle so they can k/d farm all the round3) the rest of the obsesive k/d increase camping clowns

Some guy talked about having relations with my sister in bf1 because I kept owning him. In the past heading stuff like that would have upset me but when he said it I was like oh, really? Cool. I probably drove her over.

He stopped talking. I still see him in bf1. Probably doesn't even remember that. :D

😂
  • mf_shro0m
    Oh btw, how did you guys change your profile pic thing?
  • barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »

So long ago I can't remember sorry.
  • Pelliy
    I'm not bothered by terrible players in terms of skill

I'm more so bothered by passive or lazy players

Again I try to overthink it and get frustrated because every one plays bc for different reasons.

But lazy players really are terrible

If I'm making a push, and there's 3 of us, even if my teammates die,or I did  it takes the pressure off us as a target. There's more people to shoot at so they have to make a decision who to shoot.

I remember a game of conquest where my whole team was in spawn. We weren't spawn trapped. It's just no one pushed anything. No smokes no nothing.

That was a game to quit. Collectively the team just had a brain fart.
  • ElliotLH
    8391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »

https://en.gravatar.com/
  • Hawxxeye
    5591 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 16
    Pelliy said:
    Hawxxeye said:

There was that guy ingame who spent a good deal of  2 rounds trying to bash me for having an opinion about what our team was doing wrong based on my average k/d he could browse at the bfstats (it was breakthrough).
    There is also that breed of players who declare they reported someone almost every time they die and or when their team wins they will gloat about how easy it was.
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    816 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BFV on PS4 is like wading through a field of potatoes in the seventh circle of hell.

We need schooling servers that you only escape from and join the big boys when it's been proven that you have a basic understanding of the dynamics of Battlefield. 

Also if you do get out and your SPM score drops below a certain level your automatically sent back. After a third time it becomes a life sentence.
  • maskedocelot
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The players that are driving me crazy are the ones that never seem to fire their weapons at anything seemingly oblivious to all the enemies standing right in front of them. The vast majority of games people "play" objectives but when they don't shoot anyone on them and instead just sit there it doesn't work and they're quickly wiped out, I really don't get what's going through their heads.

Be cool if they actually used the forums would love to know how they think about the game and if it's certain mechanics making people do effectively nothing or if that's genuinely how they want to play. I just can't believe people are having fun sat behind sandbags all game and ending 5-10 or whatever.
  • DasScharminkel
    61 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BFV on PS4 is like wading through a field of potatoes in the seventh circle of hell.

We need schooling servers that you only escape from and join the big boys when it's been proven that you have a basic understanding of the dynamics of Battlefield. 

Also if you do get out and your SPM score drops below a certain level your automatically sent back. After a third time it becomes a life sentence.

while i like the idea of poking a certain playerbase and "motivate" them to at least pull their own weight i fear gaming has reached an audience that is by definition not motivate-able.
    somehow i miss the days where you were scorned at as a basement dweller when you considered yourself a gamer, but were among your peers and could count on the dedication of your fellow player.
    nowadays everyone and his mother calls himself a gamer even if its just some silly cell phone stuff.

in the end i fear the "better" servers would be rather empty, for those dedicating themselves for performance and reputation pick other titles from the get go.
  • GeneralXIV
    238 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I would never pass a schooling server :P I have a tendency to roll tanks relatively often. Yesterday I somehow rolled a tank off the bridge between D and E on Hamada while someone was trying to climb in. It landed on its tracks, which was a good thing... it doesn't usually end so well.

That said, I agree about the field of potatoes in the seventh circle of hell.