Terrible players.

Comments

• DasScharminkel
    78 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BFV on PS4 is like wading through a field of potatoes in the seventh circle of hell.

We need schooling servers that you only escape from and join the big boys when it's been proven that you have a basic understanding of the dynamics of Battlefield. 

Also if you do get out and your SPM score drops below a certain level your automatically sent back. After a third time it becomes a life sentence.

I would never pass a schooling server :P I have a tendency to roll tanks relatively often. Yesterday I somehow rolled a tank off the bridge between D and E on Hamada while someone was trying to climb in. It landed on its tracks, which was a good thing... it doesn't usually end so well.

That said, I agree about the field of potatoes in the seventh circle of hell.
    see, heres the thing. stuff like that happened everytime we were playing bf 1942 and we were laughing our butts off. but that was at a time were stats werent public and visible to everyone and come clan war everyone washed that smirk of his face and peformed like a clockwork(well most of the time anyways ;) )

but thanks to bf v stats and similar sites i feel constantly under observation and judged for every action. 
    even the tiniest breakaway from effective behaviour or trying silly stuff is tattooed on my forehead for the ages.

back in the day you could make your own "pr" and nobody was the wiser as long as you performed when it counted. now goofing around instantly decreases your value as a player if it comes to applying to clans or serious folk.

• mf_shro0m
    1893 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bbbbb
  • DasScharminkel
    y_j_es_i said:
    Bbbbb
    thats some combo from jeffrey in virtua fighter or something ? ;)
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Pelliy said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    My personal most hated players are:
    1) Those who use the chat box to insult others and/or to flex/annoy them. (PC exclusive)
    2) Those who selfishly deprive the team from an asset like a vehicle so they can k/d farm all the round
    3) the rest of the obsesive k/d increase camping clowns
    I don't mind number 1 especially if it's in meet. Flex all you want .

Some guy talked about having relations with my sister in bf1 because I kept owning him. In the past heading stuff like that would have upset me but when he said it I was like oh, really? Cool. I probably drove her over.

He stopped talking. I still see him in bf1. Probably doesn't even remember that. :D
    There was that guy ingame who spent a good deal of  2 rounds trying to bash me for having an opinion about what our team was doing wrong based on my average k/d he could browse at the bfstats (it was breakthrough).
    There is also that breed of players who declare they reported someone almost every time they die and or when their team wins they will gloat about how easy it was.
    There was a guy on this forum that swore I was cheating because I was going 70-7 in an bf1 operations and he was ON MY TEAM.  I asked why he think I was cheating and he just cursed me out. I found that hella rude and I knew he was in the forums so I called out his behavior.

He still justifies acting like a pompous jerk. This guy is in his 50s mind you, not even a kid. From that day on, he started to stalk my tracker and such. I turned it off and he would rejoice I got banned. (I didn't) Then someone else he knew (also on the forums)  recording me shooting through smoke on spectator mode and edited it to make it look like I was cheating by trimming the clip down.

If you go on the person's YouTube, you can see the fullclip where I popped a smoke but it doesn't appear where I popped it and appears far back. logic would tell you that smoke is client side, not server side.

Someone even gave these guys proof of smoke working different in spectator mode but they just ignored it.

Not gonna lie, it was weird that my tracker was being heavily monitored and now having in game stalking as well. 

I've gotten use to the idea of people being pathetic and going that far now but back then I was like damn dude...all this for video games?

I guess  any games with any competition bring out the worst in people.

• trip1ex
    4979 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    have to say this is a big reason i just got bored of BF.    Farming just doesn't do it for me.  I need an objective and team play.  

FEels like there's a lot less of that in today's BF games.

• mf_shro0m
    1893 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 16
    y_j_es_i said:
    Bbbbb

thats some combo from jeffrey in virtua fighter or something ? ;)

Yeh it’s a twitch I have. I have Street fighter PTSD

I’m joking. I just wanted to see if I had a profile picture yet and it looks like I do 🤗
  • mf_shro0m
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    Oh btw, how did you guys change your profile pic thing?

https://en.gravatar.com/

Thanks dude!
  • mf_shro0m
    edited August 16
    Oh btw, how did you guys change your profile pic thing?

So long ago I can't remember sorry.

No worries
  • mf_shro0m
    trip1ex wrote: »
    have to say this is a big reason i just got bored of BF.    Farming just doesn't do it for me.  I need an objective and team play.  

I think it’d really help if more people used their mics. I mean when people don’t/can’t speak with each other or make hand gestures things become really primitive. People fall back on basic primal instincts like banding together (which leads to zerging), just lonewolfing (which usually isn’t gonna help objective play) and trying to guess what the best thing to do is individually as opposed to planning out offensives and defences
  • FoxFerocity
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i said:
    I usually only play with randoms because my friends irl don’t really game and I find that when I’m setting objectives, giving vocal orders and trying to be a team player, like half the time at least 2 of my randomer squad mates listen 🤷🏼‍♂️

I think that more people would start using mics if they hear others using theirs constructively as opposed to just using them to shout abuse at other people
    Yeah it would be way more fun to play with other random people if they weren't taking everything so bloody serious! But sometimes i meet these really friendly players that i start talking with and we have a blast together, at the same time as we do well :D
  • mf_shro0m
    y_j_es_i said:

I usually only play with randoms because my friends irl don’t really game and I find that when I’m setting objectives, giving vocal orders and trying to be a team player, like half the time at least 2 of my randomer squad mates listen 🤷🏼‍♂️

I think that more people would start using mics if they hear others using theirs constructively as opposed to just using them to shout abuse at other people

Yeah it would be way more fun to play with other random people if they weren't taking everything so bloody serious! But sometimes i meet these really friendly players that i start talking with and we have a blast together, at the same time as we do well :D

That used to happen to me in CoD WWII, like from time to time there’s be someone else on my team who had a mic and we’d just spend the game helping each other out and talking trash haha. It just doesn’t happen in BFV for me tho, which is really ironic seeing as Dice makes such a big deal of teamwork and building a community that gets along. The fact that we don’t have the option to team chat doesn’t help because the odds of someone who can hear you being up for some banter and teamwork is much lower when only 3 people can hear you than if 15 people could hear you
  • Sk1lld
    560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I feel the MIC solution kind of falls short of the answer. Once challenges and assignments were added, it started this split. Now instead of objectives and earn new guns as we go it degraded to "I'm going to do this assignment irregardless of whether we win or not". Which I feel drove a wedge in the player base. Also for me at least made it a chore "Job" and not a fun game.

JMHO
  • trip1ex
    4979 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i said:

I think it’d really help if more people used their mics. I mean when people don’t/can’t speak with each other or make hand gestures things become really primitive. People fall back on basic primal instincts like banding together (which leads to zerging), just lonewolfing (which usually isn’t gonna help objective play) and trying to guess what the best thing to do is individually as opposed to planning out offensives and defences
    Nah.  Wouldn't help.  YOu don't need voice to teamplay.  Voice is just an extension of spotting and the commarose.  It's not going to make anyone teamplay.

• mf_shro0m
    Sk1lld wrote: »
    I feel the MIC solution kind of falls short of the answer. Once challenges and assignments were added, it started this split. Now instead of objectives and earn new guns as we go it degraded to "I'm going to do this assignment irregardless of whether we win or not". Which I feel drove a wedge in the player base. Also for me at least made it a chore "Job" and not a fun game.
    JMHO

I’m sure there were lots of factors that led to the change in how people play BF and they all need to be addressed
  • FoxFerocity
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 16
    The worst kind of players for me isn't the ''bad'' ones! Sometimes depending on my mood, ofc ill be playing **** too sometimes!
    But the worst type is the people who:
    1. The toxic people who keeps complaining all the time (in almost every single server you join) about how much they hate BFV!
    2. The people who blames everyone else in their team for loosing, instead of trying to be positive and bring the team together.
    3. The annoying people who keeps spamming: Cheater/Hackers in every single game, even when it doesn't make any sense..

But the type of player i love is those who just randomly revives you or whatever and you stick together to help each other out!
    Ive met some really nice people like that, and i keep meeting friendly people with a great attitude, that later becomes friends you play with and so on!
    That's the best kind of  players in my opinion, but as it gets more negative and toxic it gets, the harder it is to find those great people to play with!

• mf_shro0m
    edited August 17
    y_j_es_i said:

Nah.  Wouldn't help.  YOu don't need voice to teamplay.  Voice is just an extension of spotting and the commarose.  It's not going to make anyone teamplay.

You don’t need voice to teamplay but voice adds a whole new dimension to the depth to which you can coordinate yourselves. The fact that there’s only one form of setting a location means that using that for both highlighting enemies and for use as via points becomes confusing and is more disorderly than it needs to be.

When I’m squad leader for example i only use the pin thing (RB on Xbox) for spotting enemies. How we’re going to approach an objective and the more complex aspects of what we need to do I communicate by voice. This way, when needed, I can tell two of my squad mates to approach from say the north whilst the 4th dude and I approach from the west. This allows a single squad to catch hostiles on two fronts which often means that we’ve already flanked them.
    You may not believe it but sometimes even randoms follow orders that specific and it can work wonders.

Another example would be when you’ve set a target that’s not immediately obviously a smart choice to everyone and you need to explain why we need to do it to someone. On panzerstorm for example if that base near your spawn that spawns tanks has been taken by the other team and someone(s) in your squad doesn’t understand why you should take it back and thus doesn’t listen, you can explain it to them. Takes 10 seconds

When you’re going in to revive a squadmate you can ask someone to cover you

When you need reviving and a squadmate is looking the other way, you can call out to them and tell them what’s up

Etc and they can do these things too

Having voice allows a whole new layer of depth even just at squad level

Atm there’s no way for squad leaders to communicate with each other about who’s gonna go for what and what needs doing.
    If we had team chat, we’d be able to coordinate complex offensives involving multiple squads and not end up with three squads going for an objective that we only need 1 squad to go take.

Need two squads to go flank along the south because numbers? Request support from one of the other squads

What I’ve come to appreciate is that once randoms see what a well organised squad can do, they’re usually more than happy to get on board because you all do better on average. Need reviving? Your squadmate will be there. Need ammo? Your squadmate will be there. If you’d be outgunned by the dude you just ran into in a 1vs1, if your squad mates are there you’ll probably live.
    People pick up on this and most of the new generation of BF players just need to be shown what organisation can accomplish and then they’ll get on board.
    They don’t even need to take charge, they can just follow. If each squad leader on your team uses a mic, you’re bloody good to go

The more success the players have had through teamplay, the more instinctively they’ll play as a team
    Post edited by mf_shro0m on
  • PeaceWeaver
    110 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i said:

You don’t need voice to teamplay but voice adds a whole new dimension to the depth to which you can coordinate yourself. The fact that there’s only one form of setting a location means that using that for both highlighting enemies and for use as via points becomes confusing and is more disorderly than it needs to be.

When I’m squad leader for example i only use the pin thing (RB on Xbox) for spotting enemies. How we’re going to approach an objective and the more complex aspects of what we need to do I communicate by voice. This way, when needed, I can tell two of my squad mates to approach from say the north whilst the 4th dude and I approach from the west. This allows a single squad to catch hostiles on two fronts which often means that we’ve already flanked them.
    You may not believe it but sometimes even randoms follow orders that specific and it can work wonders.

Another example would be when you’ve set a target that’s not immediately obviously a smart choice to everyone and you need to explain why we need to do it to someone. On panzerstorm for example if that base near your spawn that spawns tanks has been taken by the other team and someone(s) in your squad doesn’t understand why you should take it back and thus doesn’t listen, you can explain it to them. Takes 10 seconds

When you’re going in to revive a squadmate you can ask someone to cover you

When you need reviving and a squadmate is looking the other way, you can call out to them and tell them what’s up

Etc

Having voice allows a whole new layer of depth even just at squad level

Atm there’s no way for squad leaders to communicate with each other about who’s gonna go for what and what needs doing.
    If we had team chat, we’d be able to coordinate complex offensives involving multiple squads and not end up with three squads going for an objective that we only need 1 squad to go take.

Need two squads to go flank along the south because numbers? Request support from one of the other squads

What I’ve come to appreciate is that once randoms see what a well organised squad can do, they’re usually more than happy to get on board because you all do better on average. Need reviving? Your squadmate will be there. Need ammo? Your squadmate will be there. If you’d be outgunned by the dude you just ran into in a 1vs1, if your squad mates are there you’ll probably live.
    People pick up on this and most of the new generation of BF players just need to be shown what organisation can accomplish and then they’ll get on board.
    They don’t even need to take charge, they can just follow. If each squad leader on your team uses a mic, you’re bloody good to go

The more success the players have had through teamplay, the more instinctively they’ll play as a team

It’s a great idea in theory. Unfortunately, the number of people using mics on PS4 who have anger management issues is WAY too high. Every so often, there’s a good squad leader who focuses on tactics and uses mic to supplement orders. For every good squad leader with a mic, though, there’s a raving lunatic who only cares about his precious K/D. I once had a squad leader scream (and I mean SCREAM) at me for not reviving him when there was a tank literally parked right in front of him mowing down anything that moved. I was on my medic, so I first of all couldn’t do anything about the tank, and second of all, was out of smoke to give any cover for the revive. He told me that I should kill myself and that I shouldn’t play medic if I wasn’t going to revive him — despite the fact that I’d already revived him multiple times prior to that moment and finished with the best medic score and most revives on the team. It’s not worth it dealing with wastes of space like that, especially not in a game I play for fun, so I just leave voice turned off.
  • ForbidRhyme
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just posted a comment similar in a different thread, but in short, add proximity chat, squad leads should be able to communicate regardless of distance. For those who would not want to partake could always turn it off.

Better to have it than not. And when RSP comes, Mic only servers for mature adults will become a thing. Provided Dice doesn't botch it.
  • GeneralXIV
    279 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BFV on PS4 is like wading through a field of potatoes in the seventh circle of hell.

We need schooling servers that you only escape from and join the big boys when it's been proven that you have a basic understanding of the dynamics of Battlefield. 

Also if you do get out and your SPM score drops below a certain level your automatically sent back. After a third time it becomes a life sentence.

I would never pass a schooling server :P I have a tendency to roll tanks relatively often. Yesterday I somehow rolled a tank off the bridge between D and E on Hamada while someone was trying to climb in. It landed on its tracks, which was a good thing... it doesn't usually end so well.

That said, I agree about the field of potatoes in the seventh circle of hell.
    see, heres the thing. stuff like that happened everytime we were playing bf 1942 and we were laughing our butts off. but that was at a time were stats werent public and visible to everyone and come clan war everyone washed that smirk of his face and peformed like a clockwork(well most of the time anyways ;) )

but thanks to bf v stats and similar sites i feel constantly under observation and judged for every action. 
    even the tiniest breakaway from effective behaviour or trying silly stuff is tattooed on my forehead for the ages.

back in the day you could make your own "pr" and nobody was the wiser as long as you performed when it counted. now goofing around instantly decreases your value as a player if it comes to applying to clans or serious folk.

I feel the same way :/ I worry when I post video clips because I think "what if I do something 'wrong without noticing" (very possible)

I dont really want to be under observation or really have my stats visible, but at the same time I think if I hide them, people might think "what does she have to hide?", so I keep them visible. I think if the game didn't track any of my stats, I would be happier and feel more able to experiment.

That said, I do laugh at my own incompetence. Regularly. And I dont think Im good enough to worry that people might think I'm bad because I AM bad. :P
  • DasScharminkel

I feel the same way :/ I worry when I post video clips because I think "what if I do something 'wrong without noticing" (very possible)

I dont really want to be under observation or really have my stats visible, but at the same time I think if I hide them, people might think "what does she have to hide?", so I keep them visible. I think if the game didn't track any of my stats, I would be happier and feel more able to experiment.

That said, I do laugh at my own incompetence. Regularly. And I dont think Im good enough to worry that people might think I'm bad because I AM bad. :P
    please correct me if i´m wrong but to my knowledge even if you disable stat tracking ingame, external sites like bf v stats do so regardless.
    if not how do you disable them completely ?