Terrible players.

124»

Comments

• disposalist
    8684 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    There will always be bad players.  The issue is: does the game enable them to prosper by making things like camping a viable or even preferable 'tactic'?  Does the game push players to the extremes (camp or twitch) and nothing in between?

The answer for BF5?  Yup.

All BFs suffered to a certain extent, but DICE seem intent on making it worse.  They tested pushing the gunplay towards a 'camp or twitch' playstyle with TTK2 in BF1 and then doubled down in BF5.

Critical thinking and tactical considerations?  Nah, just rely on headless chicken reflexes or go prone in some clutter.
    If you're not a pro twitcher or a camper you can still have fun and get some kills though?  Nah, it's frustrating as all heck.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    668 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GeneralXIV wrote: »
    DasScharminkel said:

GeneralXIV said:

BFB-LeCharybdis said:
    BFV on PS4 is like wading through a field of potatoes in the seventh circle of hell.

We need schooling servers that you only escape from and join the big boys when it's been proven that you have a basic understanding of the dynamics of Battlefield. 

Also if you do get out and your SPM score drops below a certain level your automatically sent back. After a third time it becomes a life sentence.

I would never pass a schooling server :P I have a tendency to roll tanks relatively often. Yesterday I somehow rolled a tank off the bridge between D and E on Hamada while someone was trying to climb in. It landed on its tracks, which was a good thing... it doesn't usually end so well.

That said, I agree about the field of potatoes in the seventh circle of hell.

see, heres the thing. stuff like that happened everytime we were playing bf 1942 and we were laughing our butts off. but that was at a time were stats werent public and visible to everyone and come clan war everyone washed that smirk of his face and peformed like a clockwork(well most of the time anyways ;) )

but thanks to bf v stats and similar sites i feel constantly under observation and judged for every action. 
    even the tiniest breakaway from effective behaviour or trying silly stuff is tattooed on my forehead for the ages.

back in the day you could make your own "pr" and nobody was the wiser as long as you performed when it counted. now goofing around instantly decreases your value as a player if it comes to applying to clans or serious folk.

I feel the same way :/ I worry when I post video clips because I think "what if I do something 'wrong without noticing" (very possible)

I dont really want to be under observation or really have my stats visible, but at the same time I think if I hide them, people might think "what does she have to hide?", so I keep them visible. I think if the game didn't track any of my stats, I would be happier and feel more able to experiment.

That said, I do laugh at my own incompetence. Regularly. And I dont think Im good enough to worry that people might think I'm bad because I AM bad. :P

The only person checking your stats is you. I found it quite liberating turning mine off. On console anyway, I can imagine on PC the temptation would always be there when you get killey.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BFV on PS4 is like wading through a field of potatoes in the seventh circle of hell.

We need schooling servers that you only escape from and join the big boys when it's been proven that you have a basic understanding of the dynamics of Battlefield. 

Also if you do get out and your SPM score drops below a certain level your automatically sent back. After a third time it becomes a life sentence.

I would never pass a schooling server :P I have a tendency to roll tanks relatively often. Yesterday I somehow rolled a tank off the bridge between D and E on Hamada while someone was trying to climb in. It landed on its tracks, which was a good thing... it doesn't usually end so well.

You have awareness enough to realise that capping C on Devastation is pointless if every other flag has turned red, so you've just graduated top of the class.

@DasScharminkel It's not to even set up 'Elite' servers, more that the very basics of Battlefield aren't being understood.

A typical example I can think of is playing SC Arras and I've just capped B but we're losing A. Pop a Spawn Beacon down close to B and I'm off on my merry way. Half way there and suddenly B starts getting capped but to my relief the rest of my squad appear from the beacon...except every single one of them ignores the flag turning red right in front of them, the little German voice telling them it's being lost and my repeated and ever more furious squad orders. 
    After the match one of them pops up on Voip asking why I was shooting him in the face and then at a specific flag (trying to communicate) and he had no idea about Squad Orders, what causes ticket bleed, visible indicators of requests for health and ammo etc. This wasn't a level 1 noob, the guy made it to 50 without a clue. 

It's a singular example but it happens all the time in a variety of ways.
  • rock1obsta
    3815 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DasScharminkel said:

GeneralXIV said:

BFB-LeCharybdis said:

see, heres the thing. stuff like that happened everytime we were playing bf 1942 and we were laughing our butts off. but that was at a time were stats werent public and visible to everyone and come clan war everyone washed that smirk of his face and peformed like a clockwork(well most of the time anyways ;) )

but thanks to bf v stats and similar sites i feel constantly under observation and judged for every action. 
    even the tiniest breakaway from effective behaviour or trying silly stuff is tattooed on my forehead for the ages.

back in the day you could make your own "pr" and nobody was the wiser as long as you performed when it counted. now goofing around instantly decreases your value as a player if it comes to applying to clans or serious folk.

I feel the same way :/ I worry when I post video clips because I think "what if I do something 'wrong without noticing" (very possible)

I dont really want to be under observation or really have my stats visible, but at the same time I think if I hide them, people might think "what does she have to hide?", so I keep them visible. I think if the game didn't track any of my stats, I would be happier and feel more able to experiment.

That said, I do laugh at my own incompetence. Regularly. And I dont think Im good enough to worry that people might think I'm bad because I AM bad. :P

Why waste time and brain space by worrying about what others think? Especially random internet strangers. So what if you're bad, alot of players are, but it's just a game that carries zero consequences so being bad is perfectly fine. If others don't like it, they can hop servers.
  • TFBisquit
    1768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's just a game. Nothing more, nothing less.
    As for this game, there is no real reward feeling when you win a round. Then it also gives many players the feeling they are being cheated. Are they really? The game certainly provides food for that. That's a major flaw in any game, when many players feel cheated. Whether they are actually cheated or not.
    It just adds to the common feeling that it's just a casual shooter with no real goal to achieve.So they start fooling around.
  • mf_shro0m
    1893 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DasScharminkel said:

GeneralXIV said:

BFB-LeCharybdis said:

Lol yeh it’d be nice is there was a variant of certain popular gamemodes where your performance wasn’t tracked. I warn tho, one thing that might happen is that everyone who just wants to complete this or that assignment will play in those servers and so you’ll end up with loads of people doing ridiculous things on them
  • mf_shro0m
    1893 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There will always be bad players.  The issue is: does the game enable them to prosper by making things like camping a viable or even preferable 'tactic'?  Does the game push players to the extremes (camp or twitch) and nothing in between?

All BFs suffered to a certain extent, but DICE seem intent on making it worse.  They tested pushing the gunplay towards a 'camp or twitch' playstyle with TTK2 in BF1 and then doubled down in BF5.

Critical thinking and tactical considerations?  Nah, just rely on headless chicken reflexes or go prone in some clutter.
    If you're not a pro twitcher or a camper you can still have fun and get some kills though?  Nah, it's frustrating as all heck.

Oh please, BFI sucked before TTK2 came in and TTK2 didn’t mean it so that people don’t ptfo anymore. I almost only ptfo and BFI wasn’t worth playing before TTK2 came in

So critical thinking and tactical considerations have gone out the window huh?
    Bs
    You just have to think faster

Headless chicken reflexes?
    Dude, it’s a shooter. You’re meant to have good snapping and you’re meant to be able to think on your feet and not need to sit down and spend a minute figuring out wtf you’re gonna do

Ngl dude it sounds like your reflexes are just a bit slow these days
  • Turban_Legend80
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

This.
    Some of the new mechanics in BFV actually encourage the playstyles most of us find so annoying.
  • mf_shro0m

This.
    Some of the new mechanics in BFV actually encourage the playstyles most of us find so annoying.

Some of BFV’s mechanics do but seeing as camping isn’t an issue in BFI even with TTK2 the TTK isn’t one of them or at least isn’t a major one compared to very open map design, forcing MMGs to bipod, attrition, making medics useless outside of short-medium range and actually adding assignments that literally tell you to camp
  • MarxistDictator
    4977 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The only thing trash players do that really ruins the game is give up. I can tolerate being bad at gunfights or not knowing what your gadgets do but the fact that a ton of players just accept the state of a round rather than try to keep the fight going or break out is the biggest difference I noticed with battlefield having played so many. The second they started making out of bounds areas aside the actual out of bounds they gave players an excuse to just sit somewhere and bide the game out with rifles and that's exactly what they'll do.