Squad callins

fragnstein
465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited August 15
Why does nobody want to take them? Called in 3-4 crock today and nobody wanted to take them. Finally I just started calling them in and suiciding. Really saved our butts on the last sector of arras

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    2771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Crocodile doesn't feel any better than the regular British tanks to me. The flame throwers need you to get close which is the last place a tank wants to be and even then they're marginally useful. I would take the regular Churchill with the howitzer over the Crocodile any day. I find the sturmtiger better because it can be used effectively solo without relying on squad members to bring it's effectiveness up.
  • ragnarok013
    3057 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    fragnstein I think it has to do with your squad not realizing that they are actually there since you don't go to an overview screen where you can see the reinforcement sitting in the spawn when you select a spawn point in BF5. I've found that squad reinforcements work best when I'm playing with friends all in VOIP.
  • THECOMMANDER66
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nobody seems to realize the power of the pakwagon. Unlimited ammo. And a protected front machine gun.
  • ElliotLH
    8181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nobody seems to realize the power of the pakwagon. Unlimited ammo. And a protected front machine gun.
    People seem too enamoured with the sector artillery and rocket strikes. 
  • ASaltyAlpaca
    48 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    THECOMMANDER66 said:

I mean sector artillery and the rocket are good but if they’re done in a efficient way to benefit your team. The Pakwagen and Sturmtiger can decimate the battlefield provided that a support covers and stays with them because armor wise they suck but damage wise they’re good.

• YourLocalPlumber
    2802 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Until you get sniped by a Panzerfaust from over 200m away.
  • ElliotLH
    8181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    THECOMMANDER66 said:

I mean sector artillery and the rocket are good but if they’re done in a efficient way to benefit your team. The Pakwagen and Sturmtiger can decimate the battlefield provided that a support covers and stays with them because armor wise they suck but damage wise they’re good.

Oh totally there is a place for rockets and artillery and they can turn the tide of battle occasionally. I just think it's a shame that people seem to forget about the other call-ins which also can be very beneficial (possibly excluding the supply drop).
  • fragnstein
    465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fragnstein I think it has to do with your squad not realizing that they are actually there since you don't go to an overview screen where you can see the reinforcement sitting in the spawn when you select a spawn point in BF5. I've found that squad reinforcements work best when I'm playing with friends all in VOIP.

Everytime I called it in, i said over voip "hey guys I called in the big @%% tank, someone take it"

@ASaltyAlpaca they had the strumtiger called in. I was hitting it for only 20 with the crocodile. I was thinking that seems a bit low. The same guy was in a panzer that was only taking 12 dmg from panzerfaust. Me and my squad were both going after him and none of us could do more then 12 dmg at a time