How did we get here?

Tosasan_HUN
39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
How did we get here?

I have an idea that we have come to this point that battlefield 5 has become what it is.
I think it all started there that the indie developers got a lot of light and left me to paraphrase with pubg, because this game got on the steam chart to overtake Dota2, and it did so early access was in phase.
I think it inspired the big triple A Publishers to put even more pressure on developers and come out with beta games.
this is unacceptable from a big company like EA or I could mention another big company here with a big downfall. nor is it acceptable for a development company like Dice with at least 5 similar games behind them to release something like this in their hands.and in the meantime indie developer needs to give something to make money, be it an early access game,a strong publisher-backed developer doesn't need this.

This is my opinion of microtranzaction not need it too.
its "good" marketing in mobile or free to play game maybe a big help to indie developer whos dont have enough resource in the begining.
I would like to respond to a few more words in recent discussions
Bf V
from the beginning, the big pull gamemode was the conquest. 64 players tensioned each other on foot in armor and air and water.
 why there is only 1 of the new maps released so far which really supports this.
why does BF5 neglect this mode of play?
why try to be BattleRoyal?
Why try to be cod or cs: go?
why mercury map in Conquest mode is smaller then a breakthrough?
why marita only infantry?
2 new 5v5 maps only infantry again?
why?
why don't you make maps that match the main line of the conquest and cut a small part of it to 5v5. or just the ability to switch to only infantry mode as it was in BF3-4.
a 5v5 map by default cannot be upgraded to 32v32 or 16v16 or have tanks on planes or ships if at all in the future of the game.
if you think about it there are only 6 maps on tank and plane at a sametime. half of the map is missing either tank or plane or both.
I think that's enough  for today.
Battlefield V please be a Battlefield just like your predecessors and dont want to be anything else.

Comments

• Jargon113
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They want to be COD not BF anymore.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How we got here is rushing a product despite it not being ready. My thought is BFV when they revealed it the very first reveal it wasn't even a game yet. Similar to Anthem reveal it wasn't even a game.

I'm positive BFV was developed in less then a year and this is what we have. A mess of ideas thrown together at the last minute.
  • bran1986
    5603 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How we got here is rushing a product despite it not being ready. My thought is BFV when they revealed it the very first reveal it wasn't even a game yet. Similar to Anthem reveal it wasn't even a game.

I'm positive BFV was developed in less then a year and this is what we have. A mess of ideas thrown together at the last minute.

My guess is 18-20 months. I think DICE Sweden thought they still had another 3 years to develop BFV, which is why DICE Sweden was still making content for BF1 5+ months after release with They Shall Not Pass. I thought this was odd at the time because DICE Sweden was still doing the CTE stuff with us including ammo 2.0 which essentially became attrition.

I think then EA told DICE Sweden about moving up BFV to 2018 and they had to scramble to get this game out. A DICE Sweden developer said they have been behind with BFV "for reasons." DICE LA having 3+ years to work on their game has had time to help DICE Sweden put out some maps.
  • Sharkbite9204
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And you may ask yourself, well
    How did I get here?
  • SlowOldWarrior
    379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

And you may ask yourself, well
    How did I get here?
    And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack...
  • robmcewen
    2976 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And you may find yourself in another part of the world
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1300 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 16
    bran1986 said:

My guess is 18-20 months. I think DICE Sweden thought they still had another 3 years to develop BFV, which is why DICE Sweden was still making content for BF1 5+ months after release with They Shall Not Pass. I thought this was odd at the time because DICE Sweden was still doing the CTE stuff with us including ammo 2.0 which essentially became attrition.

I think then EA told DICE Sweden about moving up BFV to 2018 and they had to scramble to get this game out. A DICE Sweden developer said they have been behind with BFV "for reasons." DICE LA having 3+ years to work on their game has had time to help DICE Sweden put out some maps.
    Yeah EA forced BF5 out way to early.  Bad Company 3 was suppose to be out first.  But that's pushed till next year as a launch title for XBOX2,PS5.
  • fragnstein
    432 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I could see the EA boss coming into the studio on a surprise visit and asking "How's the new Battlefield coming?"

Producers and devs look at each other with a blank look on their face and say "Great!"
  • robmcewen
    2976 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 16
    I think the development of BFV would make for a interesting Jason Schreier article.
    Post edited by robmcewen on
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    robmcewen said:
    I think the development of BFV would make for a Jason Schreier article.
    That article would be an instant hit. I wonder how DICE devs would react to it though ... would they be as defensive as ever, or will they finally acknowledge that BFV has failed to meet expectations, and that a significant portion of the blame for this lies at the feet of DICE itself.