How long will DICE work on BFV?

Godmodegta
176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
This is first game I ever played , we're it wasn't full complete game, did it take a year complete content for BF1 and BF4.

Comments

• YourLocalPlumber
    2718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not for long. Bad Company 3 is being released next year. I can bet that we will end up having 7 ToW chapters in total. Chapter 5 will be Americans, Chapter 6 a filler with skins and maybe a map (Kinda like Chapter 4 right now) and then Chapter 7 with possibly USSR.
  • W4r7h0g
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not for long. Bad Company 3 is being released next year. I can bet that we will end up having 7 ToW chapters in total. Chapter 5 will be Americans, Chapter 6 a filler with skins and maybe a map (Kinda like Chapter 4 right now) and then Chapter 7 with possibly USSR.
    great! ... so im further forced to play assignements to get all the content, and have no spare time  to have some funy anymore ..... a nice way to cover up a lack of creativity for map design... -.-
  • G-Gnu
    1386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It feels like they do not really work on this iteration at all, the fails is rather strong up to this point in time.
  • Zviko0
    1537 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Till BC3 announcement or whatever the next game is gonna be.
  • FoxFerocity
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is there any offical statements about Bad Company 3? So where does people get this information from? Speculation? It really annoys me that people just assume it is and that it will be released next year...
  • Noodlesocks
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is there any offical statements about Bad Company 3? So where does people get this information from? Speculation? It really annoys me that people just assume it is and that it will be released next year...
    There's nothing official about Bad Company 3.

As for OP, I remember someone mentioning that they have updates for PS4 scheduled for around two years since it's release date so it would be the same for every platform. However, this isn't anything official either.
  • filthmcnasty
    340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I haven't read anything about BF:BC3 yet, and I've been on the heels of that since BF3
  • barnesalmighty2
    1391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just want a BF3 re release us console players never had the full experience and it still looks good enough to just release the pc version set to ultra with almost no work needed.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wanna bet? Bad company 3 info comes from the same people who have "leaked" information about BF1 and BF5 months before release. They've leaked extremely accurate information about last two games which clearly shows that they have someone within Dice who provides information. Why would they lie all of a sudden.
  • filthmcnasty
    340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    FoxFerocity said:

Wanna bet? Bad company 3 info comes from the same people who have "leaked" information about BF1 and BF5 months before release. They've leaked extremely accurate information about last two games which clearly shows that they have someone within Dice who provides information. Why would they lie all of a sudden.

It's not lying if they just got it wrong. Anyway, I've read all that stuff too and i still take it with a grain of salt. They might be right, but I'm not getting my hopes up. And if they are right, I'm not convinced that DICE won't just ruin Bad Company's sweet legacy
  • Godmodegta
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ether way, I'm really hopeing they improve BFV, and taking there time "completing" the next Battlefield title game, I also hope next BF game won't have as much bugs after they improve this Forst gaming Engine.
  • bran1986
    5603 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Probably until April or May of 2020. After that the game will get patches and maybe a gun crate but there won't be actual content. At that point it is all about building the hype for BF 2020.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    748 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Have they actually confirmed BC3 release? From what I've been able to gather I think Dice's approach to live service is too release a deeply unfinished game but extend it's life cycle beyond the 2 years, very slowly adding fixes and content. 

I could quite easily be wrong but it's possible we could be looking at 3 years at least before the next instalment.
  • FoxFerocity
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I don't want to bet, but what i would like to do, is to have actual proof! Only because a lot of  people want it to be BC3, doesn't mean it will be!
    I wish the next Battlefield game will be Vietnam, but that doesn't mean it will... We can all speculate but to actually share that as a statement or a fact, is not true.

So don't become disappointed if it is not BC3!
  • FoxFerocity
    Have they actually confirmed BC3 release? From what I've been able to gather I think Dice's approach to live service is too release a deeply unfinished game but extend it's life cycle beyond the 2 years, very slowly adding fixes and content. 

I could quite easily be wrong but it's possible we could be looking at 3 years at least before the next instalment.

That's what i believe as well.. I think the next game really needs time (whatever the game will be) and if i can speculate i think the next BF will come 2021 or 2022!
    At least that's what the game would need, but i think they will put time into the live service as that's the point of it, that it stays alive and improves over time.
  • FoxFerocity
    Ether way, I'm really hopeing they improve BFV, and taking there time "completing" the next Battlefield title game, I also hope next BF game won't have as much bugs after they improve this Forst gaming Engine.
    Agreed! There is no point of moving on with BFV's potencial on what it is suppose to be! So don't expect the next installment yet! People say they want a game that is completed and not buggy, but they want a installment next year, so it will be just as unfinished as BFV, if not even more...
  • TFBisquit
    1360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This game always needed dedicated servers. The lack of it is also the fall of it.
    People simply aren't buying skins in mass, and with no other source of revenue, it becomes expensive for EA to maintain what they originally intended to do.
    Since it's a live service, it will be maintained for quite some time, however, not much may change either, since just a handfull of people can maintain this game+service for the foreseeable future.
    No such thing as creating new free content without other source of income either.
    I guess the game will be as, by the end of this year. Regardless of any cod or other game.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    If DICE is smart (which they have proven they are not anymore) they will discontinue all support after the pacific theater. only by fleeing this train wreck can they save face anymore. because they can't mess up a game more if they cease all support for it. the quality of "patches" shows they are well capable enough to fall even deeper
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    269 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    YourLocalPlumber said:

FoxFerocity said:

I don't want to bet, but what i would like to do, is to have actual proof! Only because a lot of  people want it to be BC3, doesn't mean it will be!
    I wish the next Battlefield game will be Vietnam, but that doesn't mean it will... We can all speculate but to actually share that as a statement or a fact, is not true.
    So don't become disappointed if it is not BC3!

Vietnam or Korea would be awesome.

I still remember how cool it was in BF Vietnam having a Huey fly over your head with the Ride of the Valkyries blaring out of its soundsystem.