Its better to limit snipers on each map

oudx02
90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
People just not play the objectives..they prefer not to ruind their k/D...

Comments

• filthmcnasty
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    oudx02 wrote: »

Limit fighter planes as well. No matter how the round starts out everyone is in fighters by the end. Besides keeping bombers out of the air, fighters to nothing for infantry support. No spotting, no anti tank, no large bombing. Fighters are the ever annoying snipers of the air
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The game will not officially support any sort of limitations. You can only hope that rented servers will give you such option when those finally arrive.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Game shouldn't have a sniper class at all. Not every FPS needs one. Should be limited to pick ups.
     This can get very problematic. BF4 had pickup weapons, and unfortunately, several players would wait near the weapon spawn so they can pick it up. In Hardcore, teammates would often kill each other to get the pickup weapon.

Such a system may have been done to limit snipers camping, but it just leads to a camping of a different sort.
  • filthmcnasty
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    These threads make me laugh. They all translate to I got killed by (add whatever you want here) and I'm super salty about it.

Let others play the game they paid for however they want to and if you don't like it join a different server.

That's not it at all! Those players are not helping the team win. I've seen games where the attacking team in Breakthrough was 40%+ snipers camping by the spawn and we lost. No shocker there!
    They can still play sniper with a hard cap if they get a slot, if not, join another server like you said. Or have dedicated servers on all platforms with hardcaps and some without and let the players decide which servers die off faster
  • oudx02
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    These threads make me laugh. They all translate to I got killed by (add whatever you want here) and I'm super salty about it.

Let others play the game they paid for however they want to and if you don't like it join a different server.

That's not it at all! Those players are not helping the team win. I've seen games where the attacking team in Breakthrough was 40%+ snipers camping by the spawn and we lost. No shocker there!
    They can still play sniper with a hard cap if they get a slot, if not, join another server like you said. Or have dedicated servers on all platforms with hardcaps and some without and let the players decide which servers die off faster
    Some people just cant understand bruh. 
    Iam talking about ptfo..dude in this game people need to captute the objectives to win @barnesalmighty2
  • barnesalmighty2
    1476 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    oudx02 wrote: »
    filthmcnasty said:

barnesalmighty2 wrote: »

Some people just cant understand bruh. 
    Iam talking about ptfo..dude in this game people need to captute the objectives to win @barnesalmighty2

Class bias comes in many disguises bruh...
  • snakeater418
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Would be just as easy to remove snipers all together. Just have to change 1 thing instead of many.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 12
    "Previous game metrics", we all know that [removed], the moment there was an open map in Bf 1, 50% snipers and gameplay goes to [removed]. The moment there was a shotgun heavy map, like 4 snipers.

[Mod edit: profanity removed]
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    oudx02 said:
    Nah, forcing people to play a certain way will be detrimental to the game, I'd rather see they make scopes battlefield pickups.
  • SirSpectacle
    771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's not the sniper class that makes people camp, it's campers gravitating towards the sniper class (and the MMG class, for campers who prefer camping up close)

The only fix is skill based matchmaking, where campers would never graduate from the plastic kiddy-pool rank, meaning higher ranked matches would have much better player quality.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The only thing worse than useless camping snipers who have never capped a flag, is the number of threads calling to limit snipers.  
  • filthmcnasty
    Pelliy wrote: »
    Snipers aren't the problem. Two reasons why:

It's probably the least use class on avg, going on previous game metrics and it's also the hardest class to use and do really well in

A guy going 5-5 killing a strangler is not like another dude going 56-6 . The sniper impact is minimal.

The real issue is player movement.  If you want players to move and not to camp, roll back attrition, add more recoil to SARs and increase bipod ttk

If we did all those things to try and get people to not camp, it still won't happen. BF5 is the first game with attrition and camping recon have been a problem since I started playing, which was 2008. Increasing recoil won't get them to move, and why would it? Increasing ttk on long range weapons might, might not. I'd like to see that tested on a public server. Other than limiting snipers, reducing the hitbox for a headshot might help. But I think the sad fact is that a lot of people just don't know the game, lack game skill, or think snipers are kewl
  • oudx02
    Pelliy wrote: »
    Snipers aren't the problem. Two reasons why:

It's probably the least use class on avg, going on previous game metrics and it's also the hardest class to use and do really well in

A guy going 5-5 killing a strangler is not like another dude going 56-6 . The sniper impact is minimal.

The real issue is player movement.  If you want players to move and not to camp, roll back attrition, add more recoil to SARs and increase bipod ttk

If we did all those things to try and get people to not camp, it still won't happen. BF5 is the first game with attrition and camping recon have been a problem since I started playing, which was 2008. Increasing recoil won't get them to move, and why would it? Increasing ttk on long range weapons might, might not. I'd like to see that tested on a public server. Other than limiting snipers, reducing the hitbox for a headshot might help. But I think the sad fact is that a lot of people just don't know the game, lack game skill, or think snipers are kewl

Facts
  • NLBartmaN
    3169 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Since 3 classes have scopes (2 even semi/automatic without glint), almost no classes/weapons would be left ...

BF V is just a camping game with all the poor mechanics, deal with it.
  • DingoKillr
    3507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 17
    Noodlesocks said:
    Game shouldn't have a sniper class at all. Not every FPS needs one. Should be limited to pick ups.

This can get very problematic. BF4 had pickup weapons, and unfortunately, several players would wait near the weapon spawn so they can pick it up. In Hardcore, teammates would often kill each other to get the pickup weapon.

Such a system may have been done to limit snipers camping, but it just leads to a camping of a different sort.
    Don't forget the group that whined about Elites that part of the reason why we don't have pickups now.

A Sniper pickup should change gadgets too. Otherwise you could end up with unlimited health/ammo sniper.