Weekly BF

Its better to limit snipers on each map

Comments

  • DingoKillr
    3677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
     Recon would need massive changes to be on the flag players
    I disagree DingoKillr. Recon is my least played class at level 15 and I usually only play it when my squad needs spotting or a spawn beacon but when I play it I'm always up front moving with the squad on the objective. When playing recon on the objective I always use the P-08 Carbine, the 1906 or the model 8 and do just fine; the people having issues on the objective are probably using bolt action sniper rifles. That being said I'd prefer if every class had access to SMGs like in BF3 for CQB fights.
    That comment is out of context, it was actual in regards to Snipers being more on the flag and for that to occur massive changes to Recon would need to happen. 
  • mf_shro0m
    1757 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    287martin wrote: »
    The best implementation of snipers I've seen in any game is in Rising Storm 2 Vietnam (not on console never will be a console couldn't run it) limit of 2 snipers per team and if you don't have at least 200hrs experience on the maps you will not be able to kill anyone with a sniper rifle let alone a sniper on the enemy team which is your sole purpose as sniper-anti enemy sniper because the scope renders close range targets impossible to hit like in real life. You see older people talk loads about hard-core mode in battlefield because it makes each class more defined and your chosen class is more important. If you are sniper class you better play to take out the enemy snipers if you don't your whole team will be slaughtered by them simple as that. Normal battlefield is boring now you can rack up kills with any gun miss the old days where new players didn't stand a chance because they couldn't use the good guns and had to put the time and effort into unlocking the good weapons. The pc brigade has taken over at battlefield hq unfortunately
    287martin wrote: »
    The best implementation of snipers I've seen in any game is in Rising Storm 2 Vietnam (not on console never will be a console couldn't run it) limit of 2 snipers per team and if you don't have at least 200hrs experience on the maps you will not be able to kill anyone with a sniper rifle let alone a sniper on the enemy team which is your sole purpose as sniper-anti enemy sniper because the scope renders close range targets impossible to hit like in real life. You see older people talk loads about hard-core mode in battlefield because it makes each class more defined and your chosen class is more important. If you are sniper class you better play to take out the enemy snipers if you don't your whole team will be slaughtered by them simple as that. Normal battlefield is boring now you can rack up kills with any gun miss the old days where new players didn't stand a chance because they couldn't use the good guns and had to put the time and effort into unlocking the good weapons. The pc brigade has taken over at battlefield hq unfortunately

    I’m all for making most of the better weapons higher level unlocks but making it so you pretty much have to be a high level to perform well is just stupid and reduces the importance of skill
  • filthmcnasty
    528 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    287martin wrote: »
    The best implementation of snipers I've seen in any game is in Rising Storm 2 Vietnam (not on console never will be a console couldn't run it) limit of 2 snipers per team and if you don't have at least 200hrs experience on the maps you will not be able to kill anyone with a sniper rifle let alone a sniper on the enemy team which is your sole purpose as sniper-anti enemy sniper because the scope renders close range targets impossible to hit like in real life. You see older people talk loads about hard-core mode in battlefield because it makes each class more defined and your chosen class is more important. If you are sniper class you better play to take out the enemy snipers if you don't your whole team will be slaughtered by them simple as that. Normal battlefield is boring now you can rack up kills with any gun miss the old days where new players didn't stand a chance because they couldn't use the good guns and had to put the time and effort into unlocking the good weapons. The pc brigade has taken over at battlefield hq unfortunately
    287martin wrote: »
    The best implementation of snipers I've seen in any game is in Rising Storm 2 Vietnam (not on console never will be a console couldn't run it) limit of 2 snipers per team and if you don't have at least 200hrs experience on the maps you will not be able to kill anyone with a sniper rifle let alone a sniper on the enemy team which is your sole purpose as sniper-anti enemy sniper because the scope renders close range targets impossible to hit like in real life. You see older people talk loads about hard-core mode in battlefield because it makes each class more defined and your chosen class is more important. If you are sniper class you better play to take out the enemy snipers if you don't your whole team will be slaughtered by them simple as that. Normal battlefield is boring now you can rack up kills with any gun miss the old days where new players didn't stand a chance because they couldn't use the good guns and had to put the time and effort into unlocking the good weapons. The pc brigade has taken over at battlefield hq unfortunately

    I’m all for making most of the better weapons higher level unlocks but making it so you pretty much have to be a high level to perform well is just stupid and reduces the importance of skill

    Not for it all, turns off any new players putting all the better weapons behind a grind wall
  • normzzzzzy
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Let’s remove classes and weapons altogether. The salt on these forums would be enough to dehydrate players to death
  • Elephante33
    278 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    honestly, if youtubers who measure their success on how many kills they get on BATTLEFIELD they should be black listed on advice about how to make an objective (traditionally anyways) center game good
  • filthmcnasty
    528 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    287martin wrote: »
    The best implementation of snipers I've seen in any game is in Rising Storm 2 Vietnam (not on console never will be a console couldn't run it) limit of 2 snipers per team and if you don't have at least 200hrs experience on the maps you will not be able to kill anyone with a sniper rifle let alone a sniper on the enemy team which is your sole purpose as sniper-anti enemy sniper because the scope renders close range targets impossible to hit like in real life. You see older people talk loads about hard-core mode in battlefield because it makes each class more defined and your chosen class is more important. If you are sniper class you better play to take out the enemy snipers if you don't your whole team will be slaughtered by them simple as that. Normal battlefield is boring now you can rack up kills with any gun miss the old days where new players didn't stand a chance because they couldn't use the good guns and had to put the time and effort into unlocking the good weapons. The pc brigade has taken over at battlefield hq unfortunately
    287martin wrote: »
    The best implementation of snipers I've seen in any game is in Rising Storm 2 Vietnam (not on console never will be a console couldn't run it) limit of 2 snipers per team and if you don't have at least 200hrs experience on the maps you will not be able to kill anyone with a sniper rifle let alone a sniper on the enemy team which is your sole purpose as sniper-anti enemy sniper because the scope renders close range targets impossible to hit like in real life. You see older people talk loads about hard-core mode in battlefield because it makes each class more defined and your chosen class is more important. If you are sniper class you better play to take out the enemy snipers if you don't your whole team will be slaughtered by them simple as that. Normal battlefield is boring now you can rack up kills with any gun miss the old days where new players didn't stand a chance because they couldn't use the good guns and had to put the time and effort into unlocking the good weapons. The pc brigade has taken over at battlefield hq unfortunately

    I’m all for making most of the better weapons higher level unlocks but making it so you pretty much have to be a high level to perform well is just stupid and reduces the importance of skill

    Not for it all, turns off any new players putting all the better weapons behind a grind wall

    That's what I was saying
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Getting rid of the class wouldn't change a thing. People that only care about their KDR won't PTFO regardless.

    It certainly doesn't help that recon doesn't have access to weapons that are great for aggressive play and comparable to what other classes have.

    Glad to see after many months away from these forums and the game that people are still crying about the weakest recon class in the series.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1488 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The amount of snipers on CQ is not that huge, but I would like to see the 3x sights removed from assault, that would lower the amount of "assault class snipers"
  • j232211V7
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes please, people tend to abuse using Snipers in small game modes as TD. There has been occasions when the whole team was snipping in Hamada and would respawn back in the same spot the whole game.
  • scienceteacher74
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is the 1,397th thread about this topic that has been posted on these forums. Yes, I agree with you, but no, it will never happen. 
  • Tip_the_Cap
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game will not officially support any sort of limitations. You can only hope that rented servers will give you such option when those finally arrive.

    I'd like to add, Until then quit crying.
  • LEGIJAS_YT
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    when they add sniperlimit u will have people that camping with other guns or waiting in menu for sniperslots.....it will change nothing. 
  • hkspm123
    143 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    People need to realize too much sniper equal losing and kd drop  , no such thing as u losing but kd aren't dropping . Playing a sniper doesn't increase kd in bfv , so switch class if the team need it
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    627 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've ended up playing recon loads more than normal on Pacific storm (breakthrough) as the spawn beacon is needed to island hop. The auto trench carbine helps here.
  • ragnarok013
    3352 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    The amount of snipers on CQ is not that huge, but I would like to see the 3x sights removed from assault, that would lower the amount of "assault class snipers"
    Major_Pungspark I'm curious as to why 3x sights for assault players are suddenly an issue in BF5 when we've had them for years in the previous Battlefield games with the ACOG sights and even in BF1 when you could change the magnification of your iron sights.
  • Kunstula
    440 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 5
    Major_Pungspark I'm curious as to why 3x sights for assault players are suddenly an issue in BF5 when we've had them for years in the previous Battlefield games with the ACOG sights and even in BF1 when you could change the magnification of your iron sights.
    I agree with this. The problem is not scopes, it's the too low amount of recoil coupled with too high muzzle velocity compared to the scout's weapons. The same goes for support and for medic it's just the too low recoil.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1968 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hkspm123 said:
    People need to realize too much sniper equal losing and kd drop  , no such thing as u losing but kd aren't dropping . Playing a sniper doesn't increase kd in bfv , so switch class if the team need it
    My recon K/D is .92.
    .76 as a medic.
    .71 as support.
    .82 as assault.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11081 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    (Quote)

    My recon K/D is .92..76 as a medic..71 as support..82 as assault.

    Ditto. Recon is my second highest kd.

    1. Support
    2. Recon
    3. Medic
    4. Assault
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1968 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE said:
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    (Quote)

    My recon K/D is .92..76 as a medic..71 as support..82 as assault.

    Ditto. Recon is my second highest kd.

    1. Support
    2. Recon
    3. Medic
    4. Assault

    TEKNOCODE said:
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    (Quote)

    My recon K/D is .92..76 as a medic..71 as support..82 as assault.

    Ditto. Recon is my second highest kd.

    1. Support
    2. Recon
    3. Medic
    4. Assault
    I played support a couple minutes trying that new MMG we got free part of the 4 pack for the update.  Running around like RAMBO.  Standing and firing it turned partial side ways.  Remember the spot on the tv to aim for to get them kills.  I did so so.  I'd have to check the rate of fire on it and compare it to others then go with the fastest one and maybe try again today going RAMBO on the new maps.  I'd have to check if I leveled that gun up at all for specs.
Sign In or Register to comment.