Its better to limit snipers on each map

15678911»

Comments

• Elephante33
    298 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the Pacific maps have ended this discussion. Recons aren’t in abundance in the Pacific and why? Because the maps are well designed.
    The beaches of Iwo Jima could’ve been a ****hole watched by 50 snipers every game but they aren’t thanks to the undulation, tiering and presence of bits of cover

There aren’t even that many douches lying prone in random places and why? Because there’s enough cover that camping is too nerve wracking for them because hostiles can easily flank them and do whatever they want with em

All this game needs to balance the class numbers are more good maps.
    Once most of the maps in-game are good it’ll become blatantly clear that it’s a joke how weak recon is
    I agree, it does help that the maps are built to be fought as a battle rather than some silly run around the block game (looking at you Rotterdam) 

When i need to assault with a recon i either go pathfinder, grab my flaregun and one of the autorifles, like the French one, fix bayonettes and rush in

No one sees it coming, and its crazy effective, no scope on the rifle either, you're supposed to get stuck in
  • mf_shro0m
    1862 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kunstula wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I agree with this. The problem is not scopes, it's the too low amount of
    recoil coupled with too high muzzle velocity compared to the scout's
    weapons. The same goes for support and for medic it's just the too low recoil.

It boils down to average TTKs at range. I mean if they introduced BFI’s sniper meta into BFV things would feel pretty darn well balanced

Personally I’m reluctant to nerf the assault guns more because rn they feel good without feeling OP when you’re behind one and I would much rather see the other weapon classes finally get the buffs they need
  • mf_shro0m
    1862 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 5
    I've ended up playing recon loads more than normal on Pacific storm (breakthrough) as the spawn beacon is needed to island hop. The auto trench carbine helps here.

Same here tho I prefer the ZH. It’s actually kinda funny how few other people I’ve seen do this. It just goes to show how few people actually have this tactic in their repertoire, well that and how few people are willing to drop their Garand for an SLR or PC

If anyone here’s in any doubt about whether or not the SARs are just better than the SLRs just spend 10 minutes as a recon using an SLR and then pick up one of the garands.
    When I did that I was like ‘omg 🤤 💦’
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've ended up playing recon loads more than normal on Pacific storm (breakthrough) as the spawn beacon is needed to island hop. The auto trench carbine helps here.

Same here tho I prefer the ZH. It’s actually kinda funny how few other people I’ve seen do this. It just goes to show how few people actually have this tactic in their repertoire, well that and how few people are willing to drop their Garand for an SLR or PC

Its almost the crux of the whole 'too many scouts' debate. There can never be too many getting on point, putting up flares and placing spawn beacons but if you have too many camping, of any class, you will lose objective based game modes.
  • mf_shro0m
    (Quote)
    Its almost the crux of the whole 'too many scouts' debate. There can never be too many getting on point, putting up flares and placing spawn beacons but if you have too many camping, of any class, you will lose objective based game modes.

Too true and if SRs didn’t exist in BFV there’d just be more MMG and SAR campers
  • rock1obsta
    3813 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the Pacific maps have ended this discussion. Recons aren’t in abundance in the Pacific and why? Because the maps are well designed.
    The beaches of Iwo Jima could’ve been a ****hole watched by 50 snipers every game but they aren’t thanks to the undulation, tiering and presence of bits of cover

There aren’t even that many douches lying prone in random places and why? Because there’s enough cover that camping is too nerve wracking for them because hostiles can easily flank them and do whatever they want with em

All this game needs to balance the class numbers are more good maps.
    Once most of the maps in-game are good it’ll become blatantly clear that it’s a joke how weak recon is

I was gonna post something very similar to this but you beat me to it. I've noticed just a handful of snipers in those maps. And that's an "at most" scenario.

I love these maps. They seem to flow very smoothly.
  • Kunstula
    444 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 5

It boils down to average TTKs at range. I mean if they introduced BFI’s sniper meta into BFV things would feel pretty darn well balanced

Personally I’m reluctant to nerf the assault guns more because rn they feel good without feeling OP when you’re behind one and I would much rather see the other weapon classes finally get the buffs they need
    Nah, then the game will become even more like CoD with 1HK bolt action rifles in addition to the current full auto laser accuracy guns and semi-auto assault apex snipers. Much better would be to raise the skill curve by making all guns require actual aiming skill and recoil control instead of just the scout's weapons.
  • Kunstula
    444 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The amount of snipers on CQ is not that huge, but I would like to see the 3x sights removed from assault, that would lower the amount of "assault class snipers"
    Major_Pungspark I'm curious as to why 3x sights for assault players are suddenly an issue in BF5 when we've had them for years in the previous Battlefield games with the ACOG sights and even in BF1 when you could change the magnification of your iron sights.
    I agree with this. It's not the scopes that make assault weapons far too accurate, it's the too low amount of recoil and far higher muzzle velocity compared to the scout class.
  • filthmcnasty
    598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Major_Pungspark I'm curious as to why 3x sights for assault players are suddenly an issue in BF5 when we've had them for years in the previous Battlefield games with the ACOG sights and even in BF1 when you could change the magnification of your iron sights.

Because people cry when they are killed by something 30 yards away, I guess
  • Hawxxeye
    6322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The best snipers are ironically enough the medics, especially with the jungle carbine
  • normzzzzzy
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Because hating on battlefield 5 is the latest craze
  • talhaONE
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wow. Just spawned into a match of fortress Devastation. Hardly any tickets left. Everyone on my squad was a sniper trying to pling away at the guys defending Able with their Panzerbusche rifles. Went to join another squad and... same thing. There were, IIRC, only two squads NOT full of prone camping recons, and they were completely full. The one squad I was able to join with a better mix was stuck out with the recons, because they were getting ground to a paste as soon as they tried to push onto the objective, thanks to all the prone camping recons who weren’t pushing with them. Noped on out of that match so fast.

What these guys don’t realize is that they destroy the game experience for those of us who actually play the objective. Or maybe they do realize it, and just don’t care... I wish they’d just play TDM where they can sit in one spot and defend their precious little K/D all day without ruining things for anyone else.

Related: my new favourite thing to do to camping snipers who aren’t helping the team is to drop smoke grenades on them. My hope is to send the message to them that they need to PTFO, or to annoy them so much that they quit and get replaced by someone who actually understands that BF is an objective-based team game.

Its happening because they know the game is already lost so they just farm kills.
  • mf_shro0m
    (Quote)
    Nah, then the game will become even more like CoD with 1HK bolt action rifles in addition to the current full auto laser accuracy guns and semi-auto assault apex snipers. Much better would be to raise the skill curve by making all guns require actual aiming skill and recoil control instead of just the scout's weapons.
    (Quote)
    I agree with this. It's not the scopes that make assault weapons far too accurate, it's the too low amount of recoil and far higher muzzle velocity compared to the scout class.

People have gone through data mined stats from BFV and BF4 and BFV has more recoil. Ime that is true

If BFV’s BAs has their real life muzzle velocities no-one would complain about their ability at long range. What the BAs need is to be more capable at ptfo distances. If the BAs all felt kinda like the Ross did in BFI but with the sweet spot set a bit closer (10-40m or 10-70m depending on the gun’s damage) and had realistic muzzle velocities then at ranges where SARs are lethal BAs in skilled hands would stand a chance

Player momentum also needs to be added to BFV so people can’t ADAD matrix spam, something which of course favours players with higher rof weapons as they can afford to miss more shots. If that happened then it’d be easier for recons to land headshots on moving targets

Even atm at 100m+ a recon should win against an assault almost every time. If you can’t get that headshot by the time their second, paced, shot has landed on you just relocate. That’s not unfair. These days even the Garand which has the lowest recoil of all the SARs can’t be spammed at long range
  • SQHDP
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Agree. Dice did everything they could to make a boring sniping game. Playing the objective is my N1 priority even if I use sniper class, but some people prefer to hide with their not skill requiring AT rifles and never try to play the game properly
  • VRtroper
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is frustrating and boring. You have to stop it now.

• wasp9166
    222 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 23
    i don't mind snipers playing as snipers , but what i saw yest , from a squad  no less, doesn't matter who, they have no class so deserve no mention . made me so angry i had to log off 

they have a trench gun , basically a quick firing rifle , not even a sniper rifle ................... use the flares like candy to make it easy to find people , god forbid you use a little skill ....................and then , all of them were playing as snipers , so you basically had at least 4 beacons spread out in bushes 

when you clear a base they should be made to run all the way back if they want 

how about some , just some, realism dice?

a box in a bush you can spawn into , then fire a flare, and never leave said bush?    

was this on the "battlefield"

not only this, they were camping the resupply ,i saw them plug a tanker when he got out , which he shouldn't have but, it was a base way behind the front , then steal his tank, you kill them, and right back in the bush they are in 5 seconds 

i don't play that way , i guess that's me tho  ...................
  • VRtroper
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    wasp9166 said:
    i don't mind snipers playing as snipers , but what i saw yest , from a squad  no less, doesn't matter who, they have no class so deserve no mention . made me so angry i had to log off 

they have a trench gun , basically a quick firing rifle , not even a sniper rifle ................... use the flares like candy to make it easy to find people , god forbid you use a little skill ....................and then , all of them were playing as snipers , so you basically had at least 4 beacons spread out in bushes 

when you clear a base they should be made to run all the way back if they want 

how about some , just some, realism dice?

a box in a bush you can spawn into , then fire a flare, and never leave said bush?    

was this on the "battlefield"

i don't play that way , i guess that's me tho  ...................
    Friend I've been fighting this since Battlefield 1 and the vast majority seems to like this game mode. Role Sniper, I throw a flare to see where people are and I find it easier to kill, I use a rifle with an x15 sight and I hide in a stone.

Battlefield just throws flares to see where the red dots are and kill without any type of objective or team tactics. In this game it doesn't matter the team game just kill and kill without control.

The developers of this game have given up and have decided to look the other way to give a solution to this problem.
  • Hawxxeye
    6322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 23
    Step 1
    revamp mastery assignments that require camping currently
    Step 2
    make bolt action rifles more viable at closer ranges. Without even changing the damage you can decrease the ADS time, tighten the hipfire, make them straight pull bolted, generally one can make them more snappy
    Problem reduced
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • thagiantklupa
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    oudx02 wrote: »
    People just not play the objectives..they prefer not to ruind their k/D...

Fake news.

1) why don't you tell everyone you preferred class.
    2) Recon has been setup to be off the flag.
    3) Assignment are setup to make them stand off flag.
    4) Recon are not the only class that camps off the flags.

Yet the spotting flare is the most effective weapon in breakthrough, conquest and pretty much every mode that you need to take and control an objective, but naw naw they are set up to play off the flag.