Weekly Debrief

Its better to limit snipers on each map

Comments

• GRAW2ROBZ
    1962 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 30
    Playing recon and using the flare gun the one thing I’ve noticed is a large chunk of the player base (Xbox one) will still camp and do nothing with the information I’ve given them.

Most squads I seem to see are the opposite to the one I was playing with in the bellow clip who where using the mini map to hunt down the enemy. But I did have to wait for them to catch up at the end. 😆

Please excuse the terrible grenade throw and the random hammer. 🙄

https://xboxclips.com/hans gruber 30/6a7c063a-376e-446d-a131-b54487f23352
  • MsieurLeodagan
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 3

Dice again made nice gifts to the snipers with last update
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    274 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 3
    These threads make me laugh. They all translate to I got killed by (add whatever you want here) and I'm super salty about it.

Let others play the game they paid for however they want to and if you don't like it join a different server.

That's not it at all! Those players are not helping the team win. I've seen games where the attacking team in Breakthrough was 40%+ snipers camping by the spawn and we lost. No shocker there!
    They can still play sniper with a hard cap if they get a slot, if not, join another server like you said. Or have dedicated servers on all platforms with hardcaps and some without and let the players decide which servers die off faster

If you put a cap to snipers. Do you know what will happen? People will join your server, and refuse to spawn in until a sniper class becomes available. Even if they force spawn, or add a timer, people will be intentionally waiting for snipers, and possibly redeploying to get the Class.

This won’t encourage anyone to PTFO

• filthmcnasty
    500 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    These threads make me laugh. They all translate to I got killed by (add whatever you want here) and I'm super salty about it.

Let others play the game they paid for however they want to and if you don't like it join a different server.

That's not it at all! Those players are not helping the team win. I've seen games where the attacking team in Breakthrough was 40%+ snipers camping by the spawn and we lost. No shocker there!
    They can still play sniper with a hard cap if they get a slot, if not, join another server like you said. Or have dedicated servers on all platforms with hardcaps and some without and let the players decide which servers die off faster

If you put a cap to snipers. Do you know what will happen? People will join your server, and refuse to spawn in until a sniper class becomes available. Even if they force spawn, or add a timer, people will be intentionally waiting for snipers, and possibly redeploying to get the Class.

If they are sniping they don't PTFO anyway. People already sit and wait for vehicles. If they can't get their sniper spawn they might jump servers... Good. Perhaps someone that wants to PTFO will join. I played with Recon caps in BF:BC2 and the game was better off with caps.
  • DingoKillr
    3675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

If they are sniping they don't PTFO anyway. People already sit and wait for vehicles. If they can't get their sniper spawn they might jump servers... Good. Perhaps someone that wants to PTFO will join. I played with Recon caps in BF:BC2 and the game was better off with caps.

If they are sniping using the Recon no matter how good or bad they are PTFO it is their role. Now how about sniping Assaults or Support?

You want more people waiting, more uneven teams and pathetic rounds, just so you can relive BC2 sniper limits which had 24 players, complete destruction and Rush only.
  • rock1obsta
    3811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This will never work.

You just need to accept the fact there are campers, there will always be campers, regardless of class or weapon.

Some players just can't bring themselves to rush the objective, preferring to stay relatively safe in a nice warm hidey hole.

This won't change at all, even if they made everyone use the exact same loadout, you'd still have campers.

Do what everyone else does; hunt them down, take their tags, and Tbag til your legs seize up with charlie horses.
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    274 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ]

If that’s your reasoning why Snipers should be limited, than I can breath a sign of relief.
    Because that will never happen.

Anyways I’m gonna go PTFO and snipe some prone bush camping MMGs. Especially easy now with that MMG nerf lol 😂
  • Mathminsk
    9 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Perhaps a good solution would be weapon nerfs, reduced point counts, or things that encourage players to play more and camper less, snipers are important when they spear enemies, support infantry from a distance, and when they get closer to the line facing sometimes too. The great problem with this game is that there are a lot of camper snipers in each match that only make it work, and it doesn't help the team at all.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1962 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I beg the differ.  I have plenty of moments like this where I feel like i'm the only one capping flags.  Yeah some blueberries slowly were following behind me.  But that was after I cleared the nest myself.

Another video of me first on the flag yet again.

Heck there was a match a few days ago where the enemies used that JB-2 rocket call in just for me.  Cause I was the only one on the flag.  I felt privileged them calling it in on me.

• dandop_oq7r7ppf
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    (Quote)

I beg the differ.  I have plenty of moments like this where I feel like i'm the only one capping flags.  Yeah some blueberries slowly were following behind me.  But that was after I cleared the nest myself.
    https://xboxclips.com/GRAW2ROBZ/ed29dc44-8233-479d-bd1d-c954aaf5e55f
    https://xboxclips.com/GRAW2ROBZ/8f6bf7ce-973c-4b05-ac08-1e64be2cf959
    Another video of me first on the flag yet again.
    https://xboxclips.com/GRAW2ROBZ/267e3436-896c-4ba0-bc38-400bc52e45bd
    https://xboxclips.com/GRAW2ROBZ/07ef5a1c-ed63-4771-b187-484903586aef
    Heck there was a match a few days ago where the enemies used that JB-2 rocket call in just for me.  Cause I was the only one on the flag.  I felt privileged them calling it in on me.

Good stuff. Unfortunately there’s this mentality that all Snipers camp the back of the map which is the excuse people use when in actuality they are pissy because they keep getting sniped.
    Hence all the topics about Support players wanting Suppression mechanic back.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    Snipers on a mountain top doing nothing was mainly BF1,BF4,BF3.  Even some on Bad Company 1 and 2.  But heck BC2 beta I charged them hills and got 173 dog tags before the beta ended.  DICE was nice enough to let those carry over to full game.
  • Moorlander
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Here's an idea, why not let people play how they want to. Afterall the campy types will balance each other out on each side. Also if snipers were limited or removed about 25% of people may not even have bought the game. I know I wouldn't.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    627 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Moorlander wrote: »
    Here's an idea, why not let people play how they want to. Afterall the campy types will balance each other out on each side. Also if snipers were limited or removed about 25% of people may not even have bought the game. I know I wouldn't.

They don't balance out per side but they are probably even out over games. Either way too many on either team makes for no fun.

• oldmandown65
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just remove player stats and top squad, just report which team won the round.
  • StormSaxon
    670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Top squad is fine. But k/D is irrelevant in most games. Show it after TDM as that is where it matters.
  • talhaONE
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    lol you are on a battlefield no a game of snipers....

Neither Piatfield or panzerfaustfield.
  • The_BERG_366
    2417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Game shouldn't have a sniper class at all. Not every FPS needs one. Should be limited to pick ups.

yes mmgfield V will be fun... not that mmgs werent already everywhere but no snipers will for sure improve that :joy:
  • ZombieGent
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Too many snipers i a good thing for the opposing team, drop out and find another match