Weekly BF

Its better to limit snipers on each map

Comments

• dandop_oq7r7ppf
    285 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 10

Game shouldn't have a sniper class at all. Not every FPS needs one. Should be limited to pick ups.

yes mmgfield V will be fun... not that mmgs werent already everywhere but no snipers will for sure improve that :joy:

Haha yeah really.
    Obviously Dice is trying to negate that issue with the recent sniper buff and nerf to MMGs.

I think it’s safe to say Snipers are here to stay, and bush camping MMGs are the REAL issue here.
  • ak47b3ast
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It would be nice if most weapons didnt have scopes and these idiotic sights. That way you have to use iron sights and get good and can help balance guns as well
  • The_BERG_366
    2438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Game shouldn't have a sniper class at all. Not every FPS needs one. Should be limited to pick ups.

yes mmgfield V will be fun... not that mmgs werent already everywhere but no snipers will for sure improve that :joy:

Haha yeah really.
    Obviously Dice is trying to negate that issue with the recent sniper buff and nerf to MMGs.

I think it’s safe to say Snipers are here to stay, and bush camping MMGs are the REAL issue here.

In bfv i get killed by snipers less than in any bf game before. sniper rifles are worse than in any bf game I played before (even with the most recent small buff). yet still people complain... its one of these things thst will never go away. if something can one-shot there will always be people shouting "OP", regardless how hard it is to use.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Haha yeah really.

In bfv i get killed by snipers less than in any bf game before. sniper rifles are worse than in any bf game I played before (even with the most recent small buff). yet still people complain... its one of these things thst will never go away. if something can one-shot there will always be people shouting "OP", regardless how hard it is to use.
    I'm sure most people aren't complaining about getting killed by them, rather the opposite. But you do point out they will just go to something else, either way gameplay suffers for it. In saying all that who won these games.

https://i.imgur.com/YfKjWIZ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/qRsXMsE.jpg
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I play as sniper on smaller maps and run flares, spawn beacon and P08. It helps the team spot the enemy and gives a spawn point. I invariably get MVP doing this and my squad best squad. Why limit snipers when, played effectively, they can be an asset to the team? It's also one of the least played classes judging by the amount of assaults i run into.

You have just described the difference between recon and sniper.

You are playing recon and are extremely useful and a game changer for your team. 5 or 6 of you on a team and there will hardly ever be an enemy unspotted.

Sniper on the other hand is on a hill, not killing much because it is really difficult, rarely spotting and absolutely no use as a spawn point.
  • PeaceWeaver
    89 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I play as sniper on smaller maps and run flares, spawn beacon and P08. It helps the team spot the enemy and gives a spawn point. I invariably get MVP doing this and my squad best squad. Why limit snipers when, played effectively, they can be an asset to the team? It's also one of the least played classes judging by the amount of assaults i run into.

You are playing recon and are extremely useful and a game changer for your team. 5 or 6 of you on a team and there will hardly ever be an enemy unspotted.

Sniper on the other hand is on a hill, not killing much because it is really difficult, rarely spotting and absolutely no use as a spawn point.

THIS. If more recons played the class to its ultimate potential, no one would care. The problem is the scared guys who sit in their spawn trying to snipe without being anywhere near any objectives.

It’s a shame Dice fixed the old supply drop friendly fire bug... I would have had a good one yesterday:

• 287martin
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    A sniper limit would be good and get rid of that stupid glare from scopes
  • PeaceWeaver
    Wow. Just spawned into a match of fortress Devastation. Hardly any tickets left. Everyone on my squad was a sniper trying to pling away at the guys defending Able with their Panzerbusche rifles. Went to join another squad and... same thing. There were, IIRC, only two squads NOT full of prone camping recons, and they were completely full. The one squad I was able to join with a better mix was stuck out with the recons, because they were getting ground to a paste as soon as they tried to push onto the objective, thanks to all the prone camping recons who weren’t pushing with them. Noped on out of that match so fast.

What these guys don’t realize is that they destroy the game experience for those of us who actually play the objective. Or maybe they do realize it, and just don’t care... I wish they’d just play TDM where they can sit in one spot and defend their precious little K/D all day without ruining things for anyone else.

Related: my new favourite thing to do to camping snipers who aren’t helping the team is to drop smoke grenades on them. My hope is to send the message to them that they need to PTFO, or to annoy them so much that they quit and get replaced by someone who actually understands that BF is an objective-based team game.
  • StormSaxon
    670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You say all this, then today my squad of 4 random recons won top squad, 3 of us in the top 5.

Sniper limit... you’ll never see it.
  • PeaceWeaver
    StormSaxon wrote: »
    You say all this, then today my squad of 4 random recons won top squad, 3 of us in the top 5.

Not the recons we’re talking about. If you’re top squad, that means you’re spotting, using spawn beacons, and capping objectives. You’re not sitting in a corner on conquest for thirty minutes and finishing with 5 kills, 0 deaths.
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    285 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I agree, but it is possible to be a Sniper on the objective.
    I wish more snipers played that way.

Lots of Flags give you long lines of sight perfect for sniping.

Recently playing Grind on Narvik I nearly singlehandedly kept the enemy team away from the B flag, as I was positioned on the B flag, and was Sniping into their A flag.
    I got first place with over 30 headshot kills.

Unfortunately lots of Recons think the only way to Snipe is to be on a hill at the back of our Spawn point🤬

Usually I’ll throw Smoke at them 😁

• dandop_oq7r7ppf
    This discussion is so flawed in its logic. Sure there are bad snipers out there but let's take a second and and apply the same logic to other classes.

Supports that MMG camp, don't resupply the TEAM and don't fix tanks when requested. Make MMGs a battle pick up or limit the class.

Medics that never revive, only self heal and only fire smoke to charge down enemies ignoring their role. Limit the class.

Assaults that camp with 3x scopes, only use explosives against infantry and don't ptfo. Limit the class.

You guys logic is completely backwards and selfish and stinks of nothing more that pure class biases.

ALL CLASSES HAVE THEIR SCRUBS.

Yes! Exactly.
    I honestly believe most of these posts are not about Snipers ruining the game by camping a hill, but more about people being Salty because they get Sniped.

Heck I get hate messages on Psn calling be a Camper POS even though I’m attacking the objective. People just don’t like being outplayed.

This is very telling in the shear number of Buff suppression threads.
  • StormSaxon
    670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    StormSaxon wrote: »

Not the recons we’re talking about. If you’re top squad, that means you’re spotting, using spawn beacons, and capping objectives. You’re not sitting in a corner on conquest for thirty minutes and finishing with 5 kills, 0 deaths.

But assuming all 4 of us were competent at our jobs, which it seemed we were, if there was a sniper limit, 3 of us would not have been able to play how we liked presumably... or no other squad could have had recons... I play pathfinder mostly, so I can use other beacons, and sometime find a fresh line of attack or firing angle.. but if there were no other recons I’d be missing out on part of my game plan (when I play recon).

See.

Are you going to force a strict 1 of each class per squad? Or just 1 recon per squad, or 8 recon per team?

If it’s the first, you’ll drive people away.
    If it’s the second, people will just solo, snipe in their own squad.
    If it’s the latter, you’ll not notice the difference, as on any given day, 4-8 of those guys might be hill campers... so not only will it feel the same but your team has no spots PTO recons...

And we have to be realistic... snipers, the proper camping and picking off targets at 250-300m snipers... they rarely kill anyone who is not a sniper/prone mmg guy or camping assault guy.. when your mobile, weaving through cover... 95% of those guys miss you or don’t even bother trying. They want easy headshots. It does suck when you a sprinting through smoke and a you get headshot... but that was either fluke or epic mastery... and honestly, I’ve been headshot by a BA rifle while running so infrequently that it’s only memorable because it’s so rare. Most of my deaths from snipers come from playing sniper or trying to use a bipod weapon who make up most of my kills too.

Sniper limit- bad idea.
    Could argue for limits on all classes.. I see more supports camping off objectives than anything else.
  • PeaceWeaver
    This discussion is so flawed in its logic. Sure there are bad snipers out there but let's take a second and and apply the same logic to other classes.

Supports that MMG camp, don't resupply the TEAM and don't fix tanks when requested. Make MMGs a battle pick up or limit the class.

Medics that never revive, only self heal and only fire smoke to charge down enemies ignoring their role. Limit the class.

Assaults that camp with 3x scopes, only use explosives against infantry and don't ptfo. Limit the class.

You guys logic is completely backwards and selfish and stinks of nothing more that pure class biases.

Yeah, there are people who don’t play the objective. Some of these people play medic, assault, and support. Overwhelmingly, however, players who only care about their KDR gravitate to recon because they want to be a YoLoSnIpEr420, and pick recon because it has the “sniper” role listed (these guys would be better off going with assault, but anyway...). They play all match and break a score of 1500-2000 if they’re lucky, and finish way down at the bottom of the scoreboard. Generally speaking, when you look at the scoreboard throughout the match, people at the bottom are almost always camping snipers who are doing nothing.

I don’t profess to be a great player by any means, but at least I actually try to play the game as intended. I don’t understand why people who just want to kill other guys and don’t care about objectives bother with objective based modes. Why aren’t they playing TDM?
  • Cerben1
    280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    limiting an class in game is never fun! But its a pain when you get in a team that is full of recons that dont play the objective, if bout sides gets to this point its just to hit esc and pray you get in to an new server that is not infested.

i dont know how to get ppl playing medics and assaults and support more then camping in a bush  plying sniper field the new one hit wonder is going to be played for some weeks now i think and its going to be pain and boring but it will pass. whit them new buffs to the soumi every one and there mother is rocking medic and soumi atm as for now its probably broken good. so PB39 is not so main stream atm =) 

lets hope there is a way to make the other 3 classes more fun then recon just so its every ones pick. and not forced. 
  • SlowOldWarrior
    460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The only thing remotely OP about snipers is the spawn beacon - unfortunately, no snipers actually use that valuable tool, instead they opt for littering their own spawn point with sniper decoys.
  • spartanx169x
    732 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have said it before and will say it again. The problem is not the number of scouts/snipers. The problem is that they are never balanced between the teams which is a leading cause of unbalanced matches. If you have 15 scouts and the other team has 7 , guess who is most likely going to win the team with the fewer scouts about 90% of the time.
    Balance the teams and the problem goes away. Player classes should play a significant part maybe as much as 40% in balancing the teams.
  • disposalist
    8680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

All classes have their scrubs.  Only one is pretty much *designed* to not PTFO.

Is there ever a problem with having a lot of any other class on a team?  Nope.

Yes, I am biased against the class, because it sucks in a team/squad/coop/objectives-based game.  I think I once experienced a bad game due to a lot of bipodding MG campers.  I have *regularly* had bad games due to my team 'going sniper'.

Having said that, I loved playing Scout in BF1 because you could pick a rifle that was pretty good at closer range - you didn't have to be a sniper.
    I also loved playing recon in BF4 because you really didn't have to snipe and could do real recon actions like sneaking behind enemy lines and setting up a beacon.

BF5 it's extremely hard to PTFO as a Recon by design and there is more reason than ever to want a sniper rifle limit.

But, no, I don't expect a sniper limit.  Much like many other design decisions in BF5, they have doubled down on the frustrating and unfun intentionally.

They've never had the guts in BF to limit the boring, disruptive effect snipers have.  They certainly won't do it for BF5.

Doesn't mean it's fine.