Its better to limit snipers on each map

Comments

• disposalist
    8499 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have said it before and will say it again. The problem is not the number of scouts/snipers. The problem is that they are never balanced between the teams which is a leading cause of unbalanced matches. If you have 15 scouts and the other team has 7 , guess who is most likely going to win the team with the fewer scouts about 90% of the time.
    Balance the teams and the problem goes away. Player classes should play a significant part maybe as much as 40% in balancing the teams.
    If there are more than a few snipers on each team, even if it's even, it still ruins the game.  Slows it down to a boring crawl because neither side has the power to PTFO effectively and have the added annoyance of regular random snipe deaths.

I'm all for snipers being *more* powerful, just less of them.  Make it a pickup kit or a BF1-style elite.
  • PeaceWeaver
    26 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly, I think a big part of the problem is recon’s lack of access to a decent CQ gun. The carbine does okay (it’s what I use when the team is lacking spotters), but a SMG would be ideal. It’s really hard to PTFO effectively when you’re getting outgunned in close quarters by MMGs and other automatic rifles.
  • JUJAMAKILL
    328 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I'm all for snipers being *more* powerful, just less of them.  Make it a pickup kit or a BF1-style elite.
    So in other words... 1 per team at any time?
    I don't want them to be more powerful,  but I don't want to miss out on playing my preferred class either.

• olavafar
    1941 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The 'problem' is not the class, it is the players. If one like to snipe, one will find a way to do so no matter what limitations are put in place. StG is for eample, in many situations, a better sniper rifle than any bolt action rifle.

There are basically two options:
    Either, most people do not think snipers should be used and then there should be few and not matter -> thread pointless, or,
    people think snipers are fun to play and then there are many of them. But if they are many it just means that the assaults/supports/medics where downvoted  -> thread pointless.

There are just too many who want to make everyone play the way they prefer to maximize their own fun but one needs to realize that everyone on a server is there for their own sake, not primarily to entertain you or anyone else.

• disposalist
    8499 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's not the way *they* prefer.  It's the way the game's objectives are achieved.  Everyone knows that the sniper rifle means the player's contribution to PFTO is near zero.  You *can*, but it's making it very hard for yourself and the number of players that PTFO as a sniper is very small.  You only have to play for a few hours to begin to see this.  Anyone who's played multiple BFs for thousands of hours *knows* it to be the truth.

There is no problem to the objectives of the game with any other weapon/class.  The sniper rifle and gadgets supporting sniping is pretty much designed to take a player out of the game playing a pick-off-the-other meta-game while everyone else actually PTFOs.

The same is true of planes.  How often does a pilot actually coordinate with the squad to bomb a target that's being attacked by their squad?  They are mostly bombing anything they see, whether attacking/defending or running between flags, no coordination with the ground troops, pleasing themselves and going for kills.  They mostly just add random-death-from-above.  Imagine what chaos and frustration there would be if there could be a load of planes doing that?  Good thing the number of pilots/planes is limited, eh?...
  • Jeffmaxs6
    214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I played on the mountain and what's up with a flag being bomb for like 30 seconds? I like aim and shoot face to face. I like sniping, but even the open maps have to much debris for cover and too many trees and grass to see anything. I watch the video of the guy shooting threw trees and buildings and hitting targets he couldn't even see. That's not face to face and how I want to play. There "maybe" some maps I like, but having to play them all blows. I only have 30 hours and the game doesn't offer me anything. Everyone has gold guns, while mine seem useless and I have no interest in assignments, because the game doesn't interest me enough. Sniping from the out side of the map seems like the only place I would be able to snipe, but there has to be enough targets to make it interesting. Like other snipers, since the inside players are running and jumping with to much debris to take cover. If I could play on a map I liked would be a start, but not sure if there is any. Hell, I'm forcing myself to try to like the game or find something I like about it. There sure is a lot I don't like. I agree the game is ruined, but don't think its because of snipers.  I didn't like BF1 either, but I'd put it before BFV. I can't wait to see what BF6 is going to be like. Maybe it will just be for console.

• PeaceWeaver
    26 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's not the way *they* prefer.  It's the way the game's objectives are achieved.  Everyone knows that the sniper rifle means the player's contribution to PFTO is near zero.  You *can*, but it's making it very hard for yourself and the number of players that PTFO as a sniper is very small.  You only have to play for a few hours to begin to see this.  Anyone who's played multiple BFs for thousands of hours *knows* it to be the truth.

There is no problem to the objectives of the game with any other weapon/class.  The sniper rifle and gadgets supporting sniping is pretty much designed to take a player out of the game playing a pick-off-the-other meta-game while everyone else actually PTFOs.

The same is true of planes.  How often does a pilot actually coordinate with the squad to bomb a target that's being attacked by their squad?  They are mostly bombing anything they see, whether attacking/defending or running between flags, no coordination with the ground troops, pleasing themselves and going for kills.  They mostly just add random-death-from-above.  Imagine what chaos and frustration there would be if there could be a load of planes doing that?  Good thing the number of pilots/planes is limited, eh?...

Yep. For objective games, give Recons good mid/close range weapons. Get rid of 3x scopes for Assault and Support and replace them with 2x scopes. Make snipers a points-based spawn a la tanks and planes. INSTANTLY improve the experience for literally everyone who plays BF as intended. Only give 24/7 access to sniper rifles in TDM — the only mode in the game where KDR actually matters and no one else on your team is negatively affected by your lack of team play — so that the guys who like to hang back and snipe all day still have a way to play the game.
  • VRtroper
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 11
    I made this proposal but people really like to play as a sniper.

The only solution to this problem is unfortunately RSP rental servers to customize the servers to everyone's taste.

Limit the use of sniper, eliminate long-range sights in different roles to sniper, etc ...

Rental servers is the solution to all these problems.

The servers are full of snipers since the start of Battlefield V, everyone wants to look like Vassili. The game completely ruins the abusive use of sniper and now they also play with AT rifles. It is frustrating and makes the game lack the atmosphere of the Second World War, rather it looks like a "serius sam" or an "apex Legend" all running nonsense shooting to see who gets more number of frags.
  • ragnarok013
    3031 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Honestly, I think a big part of the problem is recon’s lack of access to a decent CQ gun. The carbine does okay (it’s what I use when the team is lacking spotters), but a SMG would be ideal. It’s really hard to PTFO effectively when you’re getting outgunned in close quarters by MMGs and other automatic rifles.
    PeaceWeaver I agree which is why I'd like to go back to the BF3 weapon\class balance. When I play recon when my team needs spotting and a beacon I'm always rolling with the P-08 carbine.
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I get the frustration with people camping the sidelines, but their just bad players.
    I saw a group of Medics on Grind camping the side of Narvik. Seriously they where just hiding at the back, perhaps waiting for the enemy flank and not PTFO

There’s clearly a prejudice towards the sniper class, and it’s very obvious people refuse to realize their usefulness.

I see useless snipers, and I’ve seen plenty of skilled snipers. Almost every round I see both. Same goes for alot of classes

Dice will never limit snipers. They are too popular, and you would alienate a large portion of the player base, and essentially hurt game sales.

People say the side with the most snipers loses?
    Well that can depend on the map, but also it comes down to skill, it’s not the side with the most snipers, it’s the side with the most useless players that loses.

• Broliszibaila
    282 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 11
    Just make a simple rule: allow sniper number which is in the enemy team. If enemy has 2 snipers = your team can get only 2 snipers and so on...This could help atleast avoid stupid situations when your team has 15 snipers and enemy has 4.
  • MidnightWarWolF
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    oudx02 said:
    People just not play the objectives..they prefer not to ruind their k/D...
    If your team is playing defencive,play along with them,but on your way,you're just gonna stress yourself dying with no mates with you inside flags,or just switch servers.
  • olavafar
    1941 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just make a simple rule: allow sniper number which is in the enemy team. If enemy has 2 snipers = your team can get only 2 snipers and so on...This could help atleast avoid stupid situations when your team has 15 snipers and enemy has 4.
    This does not work really. One would either start with 0 in both teams and then nobody could ever pick recon or start at any number and the number would eventually get to zero.

Even if it would work (by some additional tweaks and added complexity) this would mean you potentially, in addition to the 4 'hit nothing' recons, have 11 players with assault rifles or MMGs playing snipers and, if possible, being even more useless to your team. Rules will not magically turn border campers into run and gun COD monsters capping flags. They will continue with their play style even if they have to use a SMG for it. What you DO get though is that the ones who actually CAN counter the other sides scouts that are locking down a part of open map space, will not be able to take a long range rifle to do so as there is already someone holding that spot that is not doing this job. I.e the same horrible pile of crap problems you get with any kind of sniper limit.
  • M_Rat13
    892 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Well then the problem is that sniper rifles can't go into CQC. The solution to that would be one shot body shots at close range, say up to 30m (number can change), then snipers might actually get on the point and PTFO. Also only real long range scout tool is spotting scope, everything else is either a placeable, or close range like the flare gun (which is so underrated). Simple solution to that is reduce spotting scope range, to bring players closer to the fight.
  • DingoKillr
    3506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    (Quote)

Well then the problem is that sniper rifles can't go into CQC. The solution to that would be one shot body shots at close range, say up to 30m (number can change), then snipers might actually get on the point and PTFO. Also only real long range scout tool is spotting scope, everything else is either a placeable, or close range like the flare gun (which is so underrated). Simple solution to that is reduce spotting scope range, to bring players closer to the fight.

That makes it worse now you have weapons with 1HK up close and any range. The whinging will sky rocket.

BFV problem is both classes of weapons are more for range support, not on flag support. SLR could easily have been much better for flag leaving BA for range.

Nope, Recon needed to be nerfed.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1433 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Recon is fine when you got aggressive recon players.  But I seen plenty of lemming train parading to the same flag then fall behind cause we didn't spread out fast enough to take more flags.  Ton of them are clueless assault and supports guys.  Some maps on this game is if you don't branch out from the beginning and chase 3 or so different flags you can fall behind in tickets so fast its crazy.
  • olavafar
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    Recon is fine when you got aggressive recon players.  But I seen plenty of lemming train parading to the same flag then fall behind cause we didn't spread out fast enough to take more flags.  Ton of them are clueless assault and supports guys.  Some maps on this game is if you don't branch out from the beginning and chase 3 or so different flags you can fall behind in tickets so fast its crazy.
    I think you are onto something here. Not connected to recon limits but I actually think it could be a good idea to have a very slow (or none) flag ticket bleed at the beginning of rounds (first few minutes perhaps). They tried the opposite (faster bleed for one side towards the end of the game), which worked to some extent but was also perceived as unfair. Slow for both teams at the start would allow the teams to get organized and the game would be less tilted from start just by the more or less random effects of uncoordinated squads.
  • robmcewen
    3003 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A fun (depressing) side game to play as a recon is to fire a spotting flare and see how long it takes for the randoms to react to the red blobs showing up next to them on the mini map.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10789 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Player: Limit snipers (aka recon)!

Dice: Okay. Done.

Same Player: Limit assault! Too many scopes are not ptfo!

Dice: Okay.

Same player: Limit support! Too many prone!

Dice: sure.

Same player: Limit medics! The whole team is constantly being revived!

Dice:
    giphy.gif