Its better to limit snipers on each map

Comments

• The_BERG_366
    2292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    (Quote)

Well then the problem is that sniper rifles can't go into CQC. The solution to that would be one shot body shots at close range, say up to 30m (number can change), then snipers might actually get on the point and PTFO. Also only real long range scout tool is spotting scope, everything else is either a placeable, or close range like the flare gun (which is so underrated). Simple solution to that is reduce spotting scope range, to bring players closer to the fight.

Im all for cqb one shot body shots... don't know why they removed them in the first place. they were a thing at least since bfbc2 all the way until bfh (in bf3 only after some patch) and I can't remeber them being op. if anything it actually enabled a more offensive sniper gameplay. however 30 meters is too much as 30 meters is considered medium range and AR territory. One shot until no more than 15 meters would be perfectly sufficient.
    that will however not happen most likely as it goes against the philosophy of having classes that are very specific in terms of their effective engagement distances.
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Recons with a BA rifle can actually do very well in CQC
    M95 is a beast up close, plus the Revolver is arguable one of the best weapons in the game. Sure every class can use it, but Recons absolutely need to be well versed in their side arm.
    They also have throwing knives and these three weapons are a great combo for cleaning out Flags.

I’ve single handily cleaned out the B flag on Rotterdam with the throwing knife/revolver combo, and than sniped from the windows with m95 keeping the enemy team at bay.

I do find it frustrating that so many Recons don’t know how to be aggressive, and they think the only way to do well is to camp the spawn.

Even I’ll throw smoke at camping Recons
  • PeaceWeaver
    29 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The camping recon problem is particularly pronounced on this week’s Squad Conquest playlist. :s In other larger modes, having four or five camping recons isn’t always a problem. They do nothing for the team, but they also don’t necessarily cause wipes. Having more than one camping recon in Squad Conquest is a death sentence.

Again, why aren’t these guys playing Team Deathmatch? What enjoyment do they get in losing over and over again in objective modes they don’t participate in?
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 13
    I play only recon with ross 6x zoom. I play mostly objects but also sometimes i hold distance to be off close combat, but still im at least close to the flag. Anyway, it all depends of the player. Same way its annoying for me to rush with bolt action and get killed by corner proning support guy. 
  • ragnarok013
    3033 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    (Quote)

Well then the problem is that sniper rifles can't go into CQC. The solution to that would be one shot body shots at close range, say up to 30m (number can change), then snipers might actually get on the point and PTFO. Also only real long range scout tool is spotting scope, everything else is either a placeable, or close range like the flare gun (which is so underrated). Simple solution to that is reduce spotting scope range, to bring players closer to the fight.

Im all for cqb one shot body shots... don't know why they removed them in the first place. they were a thing at least since bfbc2 all the way until bfh (in bf3 only after some patch) and I can't remeber them being op. if anything it actually enabled a more offensive sniper gameplay. however 30 meters is too much as 30 meters is considered medium range and AR territory. One shot until no more than 15 meters would be perfectly sufficient.
    that will however not happen most likely as it goes against the philosophy of having classes that are very specific in terms of their effective engagement distances.
    Yuk not me, I hated getting 360 no scoped by recons using a red dot at point blank in BF3. What we really need is recon to have solid CQB weapons in addition to long range only rifles.
  • Art3misJinx
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Recons with a BA rifle can actually do very well in CQC
    M95 is a beast up close, plus the Revolver is arguable one of the best weapons in the game. Sure every class can use it, but Recons absolutely need to be well versed in their side arm.
    They also have throwing knives and these three weapons are a great combo for cleaning out Flags.

I’ve single handily cleaned out the B flag on Rotterdam with the throwing knife/revolver combo, and than sniped from the windows with m95 keeping the enemy team at bay.

I do find it frustrating that so many Recons don’t know how to be aggressive, and they think the only way to do well is to camp the spawn.

Even I’ll throw smoke at camping Recons
    The reason why so few play aggressive recon is because it's hard. It's so easy to get punished for small mistakes if you're using pistol or a ba up close. If dice made ba better at close range fights I'm sure we'd see more aggressive recons, but since we have such a huge vocal group of anti recons I'm sure we won't see them changing anything.
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Yuk not me, I hated getting 360 no scoped by recons using a red dot at point blank in BF3. What we really need is recon to have solid CQB weapons in addition to long range only rifles.

Recons have throwing knives, and pairs really well with the Revolver.
    I’ve cleaned flags out with this. Just use a spotting flare and hunt down campers with the Knives/Revolver

An overall buff to the other side arms would be nice, as Recons have to rely on them more than any other class.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you only gave them 5 bullets at a time with the only re-supply points being on a flag, the vast majority of snipers would never discover it.
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    (Quote)
    The reason why so few play aggressive recon is because it's hard. It's so easy to get punished for small mistakes if you're using pistol or a ba up close. If dice made ba better at close range fights I'm sure we'd see more aggressive recons, but since we have such a huge vocal group of anti recons I'm sure we won't see them changing anything.

It’s a tough balance, because if you make Recons more powerful in CQC than they could easily dominate at all ranges.

Perhaps a buff to the Recons weapon swap speed. Maybe it could always be 30% faster than other classes.

The m95 is a great BA for CQC does 80 damage. I think most BA should do between 70-80 max this combined with a faster side arm swap would be a good buff without being OP in my opinion.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

It’s a tough balance, because if you make Recons more powerful in CQC than they could easily dominate at all ranges.

Perhaps a buff to the Recons weapon swap speed. Maybe it could always be 30% faster than other classes.

The m95 is a great BA for CQC does 80 damage. I think most BA should do between 70-80 max this combined with a faster side arm swap would be a good buff without being OP in my opinion.
    Disagree, but good premise - no class specific buff/nerf, just make all the sidearm swaps faster.  It will situationally benefit the snipers the most because the other classes would rarely utilize the swap (only when out of ammo).  Again, good premise - I'm good with anything that brings people onto the objective because I want to win.  
  • SlowOldWarrior
    Add to my above post, the sidearm swap would also indirectly buff Support MMG players which would be appreciated after their latest nerf, just less so than snipers.
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    (Quote)
    Disagree, but good premise - no class specific buff/nerf, just make all the sidearm swaps faster.  It will situationally benefit the snipers the most because the other classes would rarely utilize the swap (only when out of ammo).  Again, good premise - I'm good with anything that brings people onto the objective because I want to win.  

Yeah I’d be okay with that.
    An overall buff to side arms damage/hipfire would also be nice. Just to bring the other sidearms up to the level the Revolver is.