What’s happening?

dbasshooker
149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Why are there so few people playing this game now? Used to be lots of North America servers, but lately just a few. What’s going on?

Comments

• full951
    2457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What are you basing this on? Have you viewed the server browser? Or is matchmaking puting you in low count servers? Player count is down. There's is definitely peek times. Should be decent tonight.

Hopefully this next patch and RSP will put bfv on an upward trend. Unfortunately, dice/ea tends to put BF titles out on the market underbaked and the player base is getting... tired of it.
  • dbasshooker
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 17
    In the Server browser, North America, used to be over 100 servers Conquest, TDM, Frontlines. I had to reset my Free Slots in Filter to 1-5,6-10,10+ and now getting closer to 80 Servers. Don’t know how it got changed. Working better.
    Post edited by dbasshooker on
  • Real_Noobalishus
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @dbasshooker I dont think the issue is people are leaving the game as much as people are starting to go into game modes you have not selected here.

For instance I noticed a large drop in Conquest servers in Oceania but at the same time the numbers for Bombastic Fantastic and Breakthrough have gone up.

Sure there are people who will leave to play other games but the numbers usually get replaced with newer players to balance it out.

Try looking at it from another perspective, enjoy the free spaces now because when the Pacific update drops, servers will be packed and the queues heavy. 
  • mudpig44
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Quite honestly if you genuinely think the game and it's community isn't in decline. Well, you've either got your head in the sand or you're just a bit special.
  • Venomenal1
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why are there so few people playing this game now? Used to be lots of North America servers, but lately just a few. What’s going on?
    BFV is just a dull boring game. Players like me just stop by on Thursdays to see what pathetic item is available and then we are off again to play more enjoyable games.
  • SixTouge
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just use the automatic match maker and I've never had an issue finding a full match.
  • mudpig44
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game is a disaster. It should work far better than it is. EA and Dice don't give a ..... because they've already suckered you out of your money.
    You can't leave any real honest feedback here because the forum it's run like North Korea.
  • d3monkid12
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SixTouge said:
    I just use the automatic match maker and I've never had an issue finding a full match.

Wow, every time I try to use the auto match maker i thrown into a  server with high ping. Like i just now used it to get in a match and when i loaded in ping was over 500 and im in north America in north American servers

• SixTouge
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    d3monkid12 wrote: »
    (Quote)

There has been a weird thing lately where ping spikes crazy high, especially when first jumping on. It's pretty annoying, but the last couple times it happened I've been able to wait it out and after a few minutes it seems to stabilize and get back to the typical 35-40 I usually see.
  • mudpig44
    edited August 30
    SixTouge wrote: »
    d3monkid12 wrote: »
    (Quote)

There has been a weird thing lately where ping spikes crazy high, especially when first jumping on. It's pretty annoying, but the last couple times it happened I've been able to wait it out and after a few minutes it seems to stabilize and get back to the typical 35-40 I usually see.

I can only dream of ping that low.