'Former Battlefield manager warns EA to ‘step it up’ after Modern Warfare gameplay reveal'

124»

Comments

• THECOMMANDER66
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder how Lars Gustavson or whatever his name is feels about this game at this point. After all his excitement about doing a proper WW2 game, and we get this. There’s no epic battles, I mean if you weren’t familiar with WW2 hardware you wouldn’t even know it’s WW2. No great locations, no huge battles, the atmosphere of WW2 just isn’t there. He knows it too. Something tells me he’s very disappointed with where this game went and he has just chalked this one up as a fail.
  • Trokey66
    9090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Not even a month. It was discounted within the first week of release, meanwhile DICE were making fun of the critics at their launch party.

I have no faith left in this studio at this point. I'll see if Bad Company 3 (if the rumor is true anyone) is any good, but if they massacre that I won't be buying another DICE game again. 

Everything they do injects social commentary and their general attitudes towards consumers is incredibly condescending as well. Also, go read Glass Door reviews from former employees and you'll see a lot of complaints about how the work environment is "extremely political" and it seeps into their game design. We saw some of that with BFV and the game tanked by comparison, but I don't expect them to learn anything from it. 

Having read many of those reviews in a previous thread, I can safely say that they are on about OFFICE politics and NOT the sort of politics you are on about.
  • Apologiesishere
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sadly I agree with the early comments here . It’s too late to save this game and for me the developers have lost all credibility. I am an old silver surfer but enjoy gaming. Having been around gaming for many years ( too many than I care to remember lol) I can honestly say I have never seen such an unmitigated disaster from its initial pre hype and delivery through each subsequent update. The maps are too slow In coming, more than 1 is bland (only my opinion I appreciate) and cheating is rife on pc. Given up recording and sending them in albeit one or two appear not to be around any longer, most are. Let’s see what COD can do because I and my old timer clan will not be buying the next BF.
  • OskooI_007
    1305 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    Ewww, aim assist. I saw players getting kills even though their crosshair wasn't on the target.

This video shows him aiming way to the left of the target, but still lands the shot... aim assist slop shots.

https://reddit.app.link/3jiiR3AwtZ
  • Axlerod1
    1389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 2019

If you don't know what aim assist is, we'll is to aid players with controllers get kills.

Now if you get some xim software (controller emulator), you can tell your pc or console that you are playing on a controller. Then you can go to keyboard and reconfigure everything to mouse and keyboard. Now everyone has a free aim bot supplied by Activision.

This was an issue with wildlands and BF1 and a few other games. Most companies are pulling aim assist because it is so easily exploited.

Playstation and Xbox players are really abusing it.

With cross platform, this game just became an aimbot paradise that you can't get banned for.

Add in that there won't be any in game admins to help stop exploits, cheats and toxic players.

So I have officially just crossed modern warfare off my watch list.

This is what it looks like when DICE supplies the aimbot:

• mrtwotimes
    823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You guys are too much, lol
  • OskooI_007
    1305 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Check out this aim assist abuse before DICE finally nerfed it.

• NWOslave
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have no clue why he thinks COD going, "full battlefield" is a guarantee when COD has always made its bread and butter on small team gameplay. 

BO4 introduced 100 players and a huge map, land,air,water vehicles in BR mode. rumor is 100 players capabilities will be in codmw. So they have already started expanding into an area that used to be strictly bf.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I feel the ship sailed after Patrick Bach left the team, he took a ton of good decs with him that worked on some of the best battlefield games to Ubisoft Sweden.. None the less, I know DICE still has a handful of veterans, hope they can step up and get this next title right.