Stupidity of tankers gifting their tanks to the enemy.

italickus
394 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited August 2019
This is starting to [annoy me]. ALOT. 

I was progressing the tide of war, the last achievement. I have to kill a certain number of ppl as a tanker or a machine gunner. Im no good using tanks, so i went for the machine gunner. There was a clan using this one heavy tank. As the british faction. In Panzerstorm. The machine gunner position was free, so i took it. 

The clan driver had no clue what he was doing. He first destroyed 2 of his tanks by doing weird [stuff]. Like facing 3 enemy heavy tanks at the same time, alone. Out in the open. The third consecutive tank he used, was soon gone too.. he decided to attack a flag in the middle of the map, i think D or F dont remember which one is. Me as the machine gunner. Flag was full of enemy infantry camping of course. Told him in chat not go there because it was full of enemies. He didnt listen. He went right in the middle of the flag, 10 seconds later our tank was hit heavily. At this moment, he jumped out the tank and ran away. Leaving the damaged tank in the middle of the flag. I was still onboard as the machine gunner. Took myself the driver seat, but tank was on fire and was moving super slowly. Health of the tank was like 10 hp. I decided to sacrifice myself inside the tank, not to gifting it away to the enemy and killing as many people as i could with the cannon. But guess what? I found out the tank was also out of ammo. The clan stupid dude was leaving it damaged and with no ammo to the enemy. Not knowing (?) it could've been repaired by the enemy then.

I dont know how, but i magically managed to take SLOWLY away the on fire tank from the flag. Was heading towards the northern flag to fix it and refill it.. but i got hit by dynamite and tank blew up with me inside. At least it didnt finish in enemy hands.

After i exploded with the tank, i insulted in chat the clan dudes telling them they were noobs and other things i cannot repeat here, next time not to take tanks if they dont know how to use them. What was their answer? They kicked me out of their squad and locked it so i couldnt join them back.

Wish there was an in game feature to kick idiotic crews from the tanks right away. Three tanks wasted in like 6 minutes by the same clan. At one point i was even tempted to report them all with a false accusation. But i didnt.

Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on

Comments

• ackers75
    2652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And these are the people that say tanks need a buff!
  • italickus
    394 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    Their brains need a buff.

Oh i forgot. I saw also people even wasting their planes at the beginning of the match. These dudes of a clan (no the same one one i mentioned earlier) took 2 different planes, then they moved to 2 different flags and they chuted themselves out of the planes leaving the planes to crash down few moments later. Just to get to different flags at the same time. Too bad these dudes died 10 seconds later, alone, against the entire enemy team who was going there. With the result of TWO of our planes wasted.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    And these are the people that say tanks need a buff!

No This guy probably never plays in Tanks and was only in it for the Assignments.
  • Godmodegta
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I mean glad you just didn't let enemy steal tank, The amount tank i took cause enemy jump out , I'm so what good with tank, but most part, that person left tank out have there whole team at disvantage.
    Also wondering , if you stold enemy tank, does enemy team, get another tank?
  • iamwiener
    436 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Don't blame the players. Its the ToW that "forces" players to use weapons the normally wouldn't touch. Indeed there many tank newbs driving around this week but this will end next Thursday.

PS: wonder if DICE dares to launch a plane/air combat ToW. That would be a total mess XD
  • Godmodegta
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    iamwiener said:
    Don't blame the players. Its the ToW that "forces" players to use weapons the normally wouldn't touch. Indeed there many tank newbs driving around this week but this will end next Thursday.

PS: wonder if DICE dares to launch a plane/air combat ToW. That would be a total mess XD

This Week supposly be about Vehicle skin, so wouldnt doubt there be some more ToW tank challange .
  • Elephante33
    361 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I;ve seen this before, just remember, its better to die with your tank than to die outside it, either way you arnt gonna have the tank anymore
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14761 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

After i exploded with the tank, i insulted in chat the clan dudes telling them they were noobs and other things i cannot repeat here
    And by doing that,  You are just being toxic and in no way helpful to help them see the error of their ways.

We all get blueberries buddy,  Just don't get yourself stressed out about being on the same team as them.

Either leave them be and PTFO yourself ( and most likely get a higher score than them and be near the top of the scoreboard ) or move to another squad that ARE working together.
  • Vespervin
    1368 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's annoying when the enemy gets their hands on your team's tank, but it's so satisfying to kill them.
  • Jezzzeh
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    There is a saying in our not so useless community:

"Always die with your tank"
  • ElliotLH
    9842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Jezzzeh wrote: »

Exactly. The captain should go down with the (land)ship.
  • Hawxxeye
    8039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I always go down with my tank. The only times that I lost a tank were those where due to some freak bad luck I got killed whie doing an external repair or if some rotten blueberry of my own team decides to steal it while I am repairing.
    I had one of those guys in my team once steale the tank that I was repairing in twisted  steel and ignored all my calls for wanting my tank back until he eventually exploded at which point he decided to insult back at me on chat with caps...
  • larry_54235
    270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    Jezzzeh wrote: »

Exactly. The captain should go down with the (land)ship.
    All the time.   I refuse to give up my death machine.  For honor.

• iamwiener
    436 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Occasionally I accidentally hit "e" instead of "d" after using number key on top   :#
    Twice I didn't manage to get back in in time and gave it away ...n00bmefacepalm!!!!111
    The mission is then: get that tank down at all costs, apologize and take the chat heat.
  • DasScharminkel
    78 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    oh, i love it. can´t do anything of worth with a tank though, for i am a pure infantry guy, still the enemy was short a tank for the rest of the match and i guess that counts for something. so once in a full moon i passed on my k/d to rob the enemy from a tool to make his own kill count rise.

a little genghis khan i´d like to think: it´s not important that you win, the enemy has to lose =)
  • IIMechatronikII
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    iamwiener said:
    Occasionally I accidentally hit "e" instead of "d" after using number key on top   :#
    Twice I didn't manage to get back in in time and gave it away ...n00bmefacepalm!!!!111
    The mission is then: get that tank down at all costs, apologize and take the chat heat.
    I had the same problem in the past. I changed key from E on Y. 

I see different problem. Players don't want to take free enemy tank. They don't take them or just destroy them. Many times I leave my tank and take enemy tank because nobody take it. After this I play more safety. 

https://i.imgur.com/xXNKWol.jpg 

Nobody take this tank. 5 players. In these case I write some little "bad" things on chat and drive away.

• dayglowfroggy
    623 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I nursed an enemy tiger on fire out of ammo all the way back to our resuply from a on panzer storm breakthrough.
    It somehow felt much more sweet when I then killed another tiger a halftrack two anti tank guns and three infantry before the match finished.
  • bigiain
    402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Almost all my tank play in this has been in enemy tanks, the auto repair might be too generous to be honest, but you have the supply station as well anyway. It does seem really common for players to ditch them, I'm guessing the shift from BF1, where there was usually a crew and someone to take over if a panic merchant bailed, to BFV with the death trap or bad view machine gun choice has made it worse. 
  • Hawxxeye
    8039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yesterday I managed to snatch a Valentine AA and next game a freaking tiger tank, both obviously not upgraded. It seems that people who are really new or never used tanks before in any considerable capacity are using up their team's slots
  • StealthAria
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    I mean glad you just didn't let enemy steal tank, The amount tank i took cause enemy jump out , I'm so what good with tank, but most part, that person left tank out have there whole team at disvantage.
    Also wondering , if you stold enemy tank, does enemy team, get another tank?
    Nope, as long as that vehicle is alive, your team will not get it back.  So when some dipstick hands the enemy a tank, their team is down 2 relative the enemy.

@LOLGotYerTags While that might be toxic, the people that hand off tanks like that don't learn any other way.  You can watch them get stomped by the tanks they abandoned, round after round and they'll just keep ditching tanks.  They don't learn unless you keep chewing them out for it and ruining their day just as much as they're ruining your's.
    The only way they'd learn without people being toxic is if it had some other immediate penalty or some harsh punishment like a ban or account suspension.