Weekly Debrief

[feedback] lack of gamemodes for infrantry focus only

Comments

• viper63x
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 20
    Battlefield game should focus on the big interesting maps, big land and naval battles. 

Now the name of this game has zero meaning. Its hard call as BATTLEFIELD.

i admit that tanks are pretty bad, and that planes are rubbish too, when you compare them to bf4.

we already have the ingredients for domination and all it needs is to be enabled, it wouldn't cost anything for the conquest players.

But also admitting that they need to make tanks more fun and planes more fun, like add a skill gap, add speed control for planes.
    also boats and naval battles sounds good to me.

• disposalist
    8616 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited August 20
    Is it trolling or irony?  In the first Battlefield iteration that feels like vehicles are an underpowered afterthought, people are suggesting that those that like infantry gameplay aren't welcome?

"battlefield has always had infrantry domination".  Good grief.
    I feel like you are arguing 2 points at the same time with that sentence but I feel you are trying to defend infantry play, which, no one is saying isnt part of BF, but that it is not an inf ONLY game that people usually play. Most people who play BF over CoD WANT the big maps with the tanks and the jeeps and the planes, its the reason they play these games
    Sorry if I was unclear, but, no, I really am not saying BF should be infantry only.  I was holding up what the OP said and saying "good grief" as an expression of exasperation that anyone could play BF and hold that opinion.

Battlefield is all about mixed discipline, large scale warfare and that's what it's fans love.  Coming to a BF forum and suggesting it should be more infantry focused is ridiculous.

"Is it trolling or irony?"  I honestly am not sure if the OP is trolling for reaction or trying to be funny, because...

"In the first Battlefield iteration that feels like vehicles are an underpowered afterthought, people are suggesting that those that like infantry gameplay aren't welcome?"  BF5, to me, is the most infantry-friendly version because devs have, unfortunately, made vehicles weak and un-fun, yet the OP is suggesting infantry doesn't feel welcome?  They are the most welcome (unfortunately) that they have ever been, in BF5, yet he still complains.

""battlefield has always had infrantry domination".  Good grief."  I highlight this particular comment, because it highlights the OP's ignorance.  Battlefield is the best shooter because it is *not* all about infantry.  Or it shouldn't be...

I was trying not to be unkind to the OP, because perhaps he is new to the franchise.  Anyone who knows BF knows that the multi-discipline combat (*not* being infantry-centric) is one of the franchise's main strengths.  Well, it usually is, though it seems, in BF5, they aren't so bothered anymore.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    To all the haters - I'll laugh when dice removes cq to funnel ppl into firestorm :wink:

I loved dom and had a good time while it was active on marita.

I'll never understand why some people defend the removal of a (imo) core mode.
    We get it, you didn't like dom but what do you stand to lose if others get (to keep) what they liked?!
  • mf_shro0m
    1484 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To all the haters - I'll laugh when dice removes cq to funnel ppl into firestorm :wink:

I loved dom and had a good time while it was active on marita.

I'll never understand why some people defend the removal of a (imo) core mode.
    We get it, you didn't like dom but what do you stand to lose if others get (to keep) what they liked?!

They’re just selfish and think a company the size of Dice should be tailor making games for them
  • trip1ex
    4773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    they got nothing but game modes devoted to infantry.  rush, squad conquest, domination, new 5v5, frontline even, breakthrough, conquest, tdm, grind, outpost grind,  ...

• Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly, DICE should condense the gamemodes down to 3. Conquest, Breakthrough, and Domination. Everything else seems more like an afterthought, or just a slight variation of one these modes, except TDM, which just straight up doesn't belong in Battlefield.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 24
    [flaming]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • BeastofBourbon84
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Your hatred for this game knows no bounds and while it is justified in some cases I'd like to ask you to stop and think for a second before you attack other players for their preferences.

Putting the blame for bfs downfall on some for liking an objective based inf mode is ridiculous.

I couldn't care less about 5vs5 btw.
  • Woodlbrad
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 22
    Op is ridiculous dice is literally releasing infantry only stuff. You have nothing to complain about marita infantry only al soondan tdm infantry only coming soon metro infantry only and the other 2 maps that were shown at gamescon all infantry only. The game is infantry focused vehicles are garbage there’s only 1 map that is even catered for vehicles and that is panzerstorm the rest of the maps play like veichles weren’t even a factor in the design process. They feel out of place especially firestorm with those trash tanks made out of cardboard that can’t even down infantry with armor plates.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Woodlbrad wrote: »
    Op is ridiculous dice is literally releasing infantry only stuff. You have nothing to complain about marita infantry only al soondan tdm infantry only coming soon metro infantry only and the other 2 maps that were shown at gamescon all infantry only.

I don't think it's the maps, it's more the modes that we have lost out on domination was popular, rush was popular not so much in BFV but older games and a 5v5 or 8v8 just isn't good enough really.

Sure people like conquest but it is not the only thing people buy battlefield for.
  • viper63x
    Woodlbrad wrote: »
    Op is ridiculous dice is literally releasing infantry only stuff. You have nothing to complain about marita infantry only al soondan tdm infantry only coming soon metro infantry only and the other 2 maps that were shown at gamescon all infantry only.

I don't think it's the maps, it's more the modes that we have lost out on domination was popular, rush was popular not so much in BFV but older games and a 5v5 or 8v8 just isn't good enough really.

Sure people like conquest but it is not the only thing people buy battlefield for.

yes.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13078 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @ProAssassin2003
    Do not post inflammatory posts,  As it is a violation of the rules.
  • viper63x
    edited August 24
    @ProAssassin2003
    Do not post inflammatory posts,  As it is a violation of the rules.
    thank you. And  to other reader, i do not imply that ea should make bfv infrantry only i am only askin for it to come back. (domination)
    I also like conquest as well.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Your hatred for this game knows no bounds and while it is justified in some cases I'd like to ask you to stop and think for a second before you attack other players for their preferences.

Putting the blame for bfs downfall on some for liking an objective based inf mode is ridiculous.

Thats is all fine. I will let the actions and game speak for itself. Tell DICE to continue to cater to Infantry only players. Battlefield will be dead in less then 3 years.

Don't say I didn't warn everyone.
  • mf_shro0m
    1484 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Thats is all fine. I will let the actions and game speak for itself. Tell DICE to continue to cater to Infantry only players. Battlefield will be dead in less then 3 years.

No-ones asking Dice to only cater to infantry only players. The only people asking Dice to cater for just one group of players are people like you who want Dice to only cater to the people who like vehicle heavy conquest games

OP just asked for Dice to bring some modes back. If you don’t like them then just stick to conquest, no-one would care and no-one would try to stop you
  • viper63x
    y_j_es_i said:

No-ones asking Dice to only cater to infantry only players. The only people asking Dice to cater for just one group of players are people like you who want Dice to only cater to the people who like vehicle heavy conquest games

OP just asked for Dice to bring some modes back. If you don’t like them then just stick to conquest, no-one would care and no-one would try to stop you
    well yes this is true, im only asking for them to bring back some modes, and like i said in earlier posts which i am not sure why proassain did not read or missed? that I also like conquest, and like i said the ingrediants are there already and they just need to enable those modes.
  • dayglowfroggy
    504 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am just read the tittle of this post.
    what! Not enough small game modes 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Cod is your game my friend. Bye
  • viper63x
    I am just read the tittle of this post.
    what! Not enough small game modes 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Cod is your game my friend. Bye

no thats not what the title says
  • Turban_Legend80
    4601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Go play COD

Careful what you wish for.
    With an already dwindling player base, it’s unwise to tell people to go play something else (especially when the new COD looks more like a true battlefield game than the current battlefield game).
  • barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    viper63x wrote: »
    (Quote)
    well yes this is true, im only asking for them to bring back some modes, and like i said in earlier posts which i am not sure why proassain did not read or missed? that I also like conquest, and like i said the ingrediants are there already and they just need to enable those modes.

I wouldn't worry about that guy, he over reacts to everything constantly and yes many of us want the other modes back for good.