Weekly BF

Game stuttering

OrewaKirito
8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
the game is stuttering almost everytime. please need a fix. config :  ryzen 3550H, gtx1650m, 8gb ram

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    13421 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Is your ram a single stick of 8GB?

• STOPchris
    572 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the game is stuttering almost everytime. please need a fix. config :  ryzen 3550H, gtx1650m, 8gb ram
    Use DX11, DX12 will stutter. Also, make sure future frame rendering is on. There has been a stuttering bug caused by Windows 10's memory management that will cause stutters if standby memory fills up. To eliminated stuttering because of the standby memory issue, you can use "EmptyStandbyList" and create a Windows task to run it as admin every 5 minutes. 
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13421 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    STOPchris said:
    Use DX11, DX12 will stutter. Also, make sure future frame rendering is on. There has been a stuttering bug caused by Windows 10's memory management that will cause stutters if standby memory fills up. To eliminated stuttering because of the standby memory issue, you can use "EmptyStandbyList" and create a Windows task to run it as admin every 5 minutes. 
    Good call,  But if hes running a single stick of ram then he's going to run into issues anyway,  dual channel ram will always be the better option before doing that.
  • OrewaKirito
    yah im using single stick. so is it because of the ram
  • TFBisquit
    1742 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Most likely. Game likes 16GB.
    But dx11 and future frame render on might help also.
  • OrewaKirito
    i am playing with dx11 and future frame rendering enabled. 

• OrewaKirito
    so 8gb ram isnt enough for BF5

• Jeffmaxs6
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited August 20

Who uses one stick? Building 101 use two sticks. Minimum is 8gb ram, but use two sticks of 4gb. Recommended is 12gb, but 16gb is the norm. So 2 sticks of 8gb.

• LOLGotYerTags
    edited August 20
    yah im using single stick. so is it because of the ram
    Buy another stick of ram.

It needs to be the exact same size and speed as your current ram and then the system will read and write to both sticks simultaneously thus doubling the read and write speed which will positively impact performance. 

Jeffmaxs6 said:

Who uses one stick? Building 101 use two sticks. Minimum is 8gb ram, but use two sticks of 4gb. Recommended is 12gb, but 16gb is the norm. So 2 sticks of 8gb.

Not everybody is savvy with computers,  This is why people go to game forums to post threads like this,  To get information from users who are more privy to PC configurations and help troubleshoot issues.

OP may have even bought his computer as a prebuild and was expecting to just install the game and then happy days.

• OrewaKirito
    thanks lets see if that fixes it
  • TFBisquit
    1742 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Btw what’s your FPS op?
    Since it’s a laptop/notebook it’s obvious that it has 1 stick of memory. Increasing that won’t improve FPS performance.
  • OrewaKirito
    i didnt check but when playing BF5 cpu usage shows 100%. Is it fine

• LOLGotYerTags
    TFBisquit said:
    Btw what’s your FPS op?
    Since it’s a laptop/notebook it’s obvious that it has 1 stick of memory. Increasing that won’t improve FPS performance.
    True but that isnt his issue,  his issue is stuttering which is going to be due to low memory.

Windows requires 2gb minimum,  then there is the swap file which can bump up the usage to 4gb.. leaving bfv only 4gb to use..

Increasing ram to 16gb on a dual channel should eliminate the vast majority of stutters.
  • OrewaKirito
    hey moderator i noticed one more thing my fps is around 60 but changing graphic settings doesnt vary my fps and cpu usage is 100%
  • Jeffmaxs6
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Not everybody is savvy with computers,  This is why people go to game forums to post threads like this,  To get information from users who are more privy to PC configurations and help troubleshoot issues.

OP may have even bought his computer as a prebuild and was expecting to just install the game and then happy days.

Yeah good call. I assume everyone has 16gb and a 1000 PSU. ; )   When I upgraded my first PC for gaming I quickly learn the whole thing needed replacing. It was a thro away PC, accept for the CD Rom. lol

• OrewaKirito
    hey this game not using my gpu fully only 60% while using cpu 100% 
  • LOLGotYerTags
    hey moderator i noticed one more thing my fps is around 60 but changing graphic settings doesnt vary my fps and cpu usage is 100%
    Your cpu usage is high because it is being used more by windows for fileswap.

Plus bfv is quite cpu intensive to begin with
  • Jinko_itx
    743 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    hey this game not using my gpu fully only 60% while using cpu 100% 
    you are GPU limited, that could be due to lack of memory bandwidth or your cpu is just not catching up with your GPU, see if you can increase your clock speed on your CPU.. also turn ON your GPU restricted memory in the game settings, that can cause stuttering if it is off.
  • OrewaKirito
    so apparently a lot of stuttering is fixed and im getting around 60 fps. there is some stuttering though but i guess it will fix when i upgrade my ram
    THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR BEING SO HELPFUL. 
  • TruthFades
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This has nothing to do with that dudes PC causing stuttering at all..... I have a 9900k and a RTX 2080ti with 32gb of ram and I stutter for a good 5 minutes straight at the start of every round with a few stutters afterwards once the game gets going. Something is wrong here