Game stuttering

2»

Comments

• STOPchris
    574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This has nothing to do with that dudes PC causing stuttering at all..... I have a 9900k and a RTX 2080ti with 32gb of ram and I stutter for a good 5 minutes straight at the start of every round with a few stutters afterwards once the game gets going. Something is wrong here
    Are you emptying standby memory?
  • lepatterson
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had the same but now works super even with rtx in single player, try the new nvidia update and turn utra low latensy mode on ultra And dx12 and try my setup 9900k rtx 2080
  • CalfSleeve
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I had the same but now works super even with rtx in single player, try the new nvidia update and turn utra low latensy mode on ultra And dx12 and try my setup 9900k rtx 2080
    Would you mind explaining this setup more? BFV is the only game that is riddled with stuttering issues for me.
  • 5hadyBrady
    454 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is hilarious, I went to try DX12 today since everybody on these forums seems to claim DX12 is "FINALLY WORKING AMAZING!!!", and sure enough, they were wrong and an old stuttering thread was bumped the same day I tried it. This why Battlefield V , and future games will never sort out performance related issues as long as they're running dual API configurations. They need to pick one. You get better GPU efficiency with DX12, but dropped frames and stuttering, and you get horrible efficiency with DX11, lower frames, but at least it doesn't stutter. In other words, its bad for everybody lol. Of course you get the people who swear the game runs smooth/good for them, but I don't believe it. I've tried multiple different PC's with different hardware configurations, different drivers, and no matter what I do, DX12 is a nightmare of stuttering. Stay away from DX12 if you like smooth gameplay. Do not listen to people who tell you the game runs smooth in DX12. At this point, even if they're not lying, they're still in a very very small minority.
  • g0merpile
    704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is hilarious, I went to try DX12 today since everybody on these forums seems to claim DX12 is "FINALLY WORKING AMAZING!!!", and sure enough, they were wrong and an old stuttering thread was bumped the same day I tried it. This why Battlefield V , and future games will never sort out performance related issues as long as they're running dual API configurations. They need to pick one. You get better GPU efficiency with DX12, but dropped frames and stuttering, and you get horrible efficiency with DX11, lower frames, but at least it doesn't stutter. In other words, its bad for everybody lol. Of course you get the people who swear the game runs smooth/good for them, but I don't believe it. I've tried multiple different PC's with different hardware configurations, different drivers, and no matter what I do, DX12 is a nightmare of stuttering. Stay away from DX12 if you like smooth gameplay. Do not listen to people who tell you the game runs smooth in DX12. At this point, even if they're not lying, they're still in a very very small minority.

No stutters for me with dx12, for me dx12 runs better then 11.