I Think BFV is Getting Better!

HugoPlayNow
43 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
IMO the game is much less buggy, TTK seems better, and new maps like Marita are actually really good.  If they make more maps where conflict is funnelled into Hot spots like Marita has, I am very encouraged.  I have since rediscovered my MGO Support Machine Gun I earned early on and am enjoying the heck out of it!  It's a 300 round 100 round belt tack driver!

TTK has seem to improved and weapons seem to actually do something....sure I get killed faster too...lol.  But I don't complain.

My only criticism at this point is:

- Not enough stationary weapons...even the buildable ones.

- Why no Shotguns for Assault Class?!?!  It makes no sense!

- More tanks and vehicles and more anti-tank weaponry that balances it.

Other than that, I have been playing BFV a lot more lately and enjoying it much more.  Anyone else getting hopeful?

Comments

• SixTouge
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I never thought it was as bad as many were making it out to be. I've loved it basically from the start. I will say it got better the more time I put in, and the better I got. I don't know if updates and patches helped as well, but I feel like most of it is just having the familiarity with the game.
  • hangman960
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    needs more maps soon,getting burned out with same ones
  • HugoPlayNow
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Supposedly getting two more maps soon.

Also made a mistake on my favorite gun....played last night and saw it was the VGO....D'oh!

For my playing style, I don't see any class worth playing other than Support.  The only class that lats me choose between shotgun and long range bipod machine guns.

Though I did notice something that annoyed the hell out of me....laying down AP mines for protection at the bottom of stairs....after a few minutes they would fade away in the order I placed them.  It was infuriating!  What's the point of that?  You don't even have to be killed for them to dissappear!  Why even have them?!? I switched back to something useful like the grenade launcher.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6737 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 21
    I agree it's getting better at getting worse. More efficient. I'm not playing at all. Well done Dice.
  • SixTouge
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

For my playing style, I don't see any class worth playing other than Support.  The only class that lats me choose between shotgun and long range bipod machine guns.

I felt the same way for a long time, and it's still definitely my most productive class, but I've learned to branch out a bit and get more comfortable with other classes.

For me it was a combination of finding a gun that was a good fit for me, and really adjusting play style. For Medic, I got the Thompson with the drum clip and learned that close quarters, hip fire combat is where it really excelled. For Assault, I just recently tried the M1907 and it's rejuvenated that class for me.

• ElliotLH
    8203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Also made a mistake on my favorite gun....played last night and saw it was the VGO....D'oh!

Though I did notice something that annoyed the hell out of me....laying down AP mines for protection at the bottom of stairs....after a few minutes they would fade away in the order I placed them.  It was infuriating!  What's the point of that?  You don't even have to be killed for them to dissappear!  Why even have them?!? I switched back to something useful like the grenade launcher.
    How many did you place? Just asking as there's a limit so if you were placing new ones then the old ones will vanish in order of age.
  • NauticalTrackin
    472 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Sadly the 2 new maps are going to be squad conquest only... not my favorite game mode. Also kinda hard to play it with my clan mates as it only supports 8 people per team.
  • NauticalTrackin
    472 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 21

Sadly the 2 new maps are going to be squad conquest only... not my favorite game mode. Also kinda hard to play it with my clan mates as it only supports 8 people per team.

Edit to my post* also it will support TDM (I think) Which I don’t play TDM so that’s another thing for me.
  • JamieCurnock
    558 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SixTouge wrote: »
    I never thought it was as bad as many were making it out to be. I've loved it basically from the start. I will say it got better the more time I put in, and the better I got. I don't know if updates and patches helped as well, but I feel like most of it is just having the familiarity with the game.

Yeah I'm with this too. I've loved it from day one, (obvious bugs aside) it's just the lack of maps that's preventing me playing more consistently. I will concede tho that bf1 felt more gritty and more like a war zone, the tone isn't right in bfv but I love the way the guns feel so overall the gameplay trumps any minor issues for me.
  • HugoPlayNow
    ElliotLH said:

How many did you place? Just asking as there's a limit so if you were placing new ones then the old ones will vanish in order of age.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AHA! That's it! Thanks!!!

As soon as I placed a 3rd one would fade out...still stupid though!  BF1 let you place as many AP or AT mines and they would stay even if you got fragged.

What is the reasoning DICE has for this backwards step?  Afraid we'd have too much fun playing!

IF snipers can camp all day long, why not let other classes have the ability to lay multiple traps?

BF5 is still growing on me, but these little tweaks are annoying!

• HugoPlayNow
    BTW: for some reason my ipad will not let the forum display my answer seperately under who I quoted...it just shows it as the same thing.  It seems to be an ipad thing.
  • SixTouge
    SixTouge wrote: »

Yeah I'm with this too. I've loved it from day one, (obvious bugs aside) it's just the lack of maps that's preventing me playing more consistently. I will concede tho that bf1 felt more gritty and more like a war zone, the tone isn't right in bfv but I love the way the guns feel so overall the gameplay trumps any minor issues for me.

I feel the same way, BF1 really had a more somber and serious look and tone. BFV feels decidedly more "game-y" if that makes sense? I'm sure firestorm and all the skins and characters nonsense contributes as well.
  • normzzzzzy
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’ll say it once, I’ll say it again, and I’ll say it a million more times... we need more maps and worthwhile content to keep the player-base savvy.

The potential is there for this game but getting drip fed worthwhile content every other month Is a huge disappointment for a battlefield game.

I love the battlefield franchise and I want to see it succeed but without worthwhile content (to keep us the players interested) the game will eventually see itself off.
  • Mr_Tinman08
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I love the battlefield franchise and I want to see it succeed but without worthwhile content (to keep us the players interested) the game will eventually see itself off.
    Developers have said they will support the game as long as people play it, so that'll be Christmas then.

I never thought I'd say this about Battlefield but I genuinely hate this game. It's a mess and has been from launch.
  • SixTouge
    normzzzzzy wrote: »
    I’ll say it once, I’ll say it again, and I’ll say it a million more times... we need more maps and worthwhile content to keep the player-base savvy.

The potential is there for this game but getting drip fed worthwhile content every other month Is a huge disappointment for a battlefield game.

You know I kept reading this and thinking there wasn't THAT many fewer maps than BF1. When I looked back though, I realized it actually was more than double of what V has, even including the recent addition of Marita and Mercury. Maybe it's just me, but I do feel the maps in V are generally much better, perhaps that's why I didn't feel like it was lacking? Maybe quality over quantity, but yeah I'd love a few more new ones anyhow.
  • mudpig44
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes it is better than release. And so it should be after almost a year. But still nowhere as good as it should be. Still many many problems such as crashing, bouncing off small obstacles on the ground, lack of servers etc etc etc.
  • full951
    2457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Are you *not* tracking any assignments by chance?
  • HugoPlayNow
    Personally I have 4 assignments tracking, but don't focus on finishing them.  if they get fulfilled by chance, so be it.  Rewards are lame, and I don't understand the emphasis on different uniforms or facepaint....for who?  The other players to see?  I won't see any of the changes in FPV!

And what do I care what color the tank is?  Complete a long string of objectives just to get a new tank skin?  LAME!

Early on the rewards were pretty good.  I TREASURE my VGO machine gun!!!!!  I am SO glad I finished objectives to earn that puppy!

For the record, I paid $80 for the premium version and started with Beta.  The game has come a long way, but to this day I still can't figure out what I got for that extra $20!  Now they are practically giving the game away.  I am still glad I started from day one, as there were some cool things to be earned.
  • full951
    2457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Which assignments are they? All base game assignments or are you updating them every now and then?
  • n1ghtskynet
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have the same feeling and the things that need improvements in the game for me are : 
    - vehicles tanks need to be more resistant and planes should me more efficients (for example the 20 mm cannons need to do damage to medium and light tanks)
    - we need more maps and permanent modes
    - the weapon assignements need a rework because they don't encourage teamplay or objective play and some of them make no sense