I Think BFV is Getting Better!

2»

Comments

• n1ghtskynet
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Supposedly getting two more maps soon.

Also made a mistake on my favorite gun....played last night and saw it was the VGO....D'oh!

For my playing style, I don't see any class worth playing other than Support.  The only class that lats me choose between shotgun and long range bipod machine guns.

Though I did notice something that annoyed the hell out of me....laying down AP mines for protection at the bottom of stairs....after a few minutes they would fade away in the order I placed them.  It was infuriating!  What's the point of that?  You don't even have to be killed for them to dissappear!  Why even have them?!? I switched back to something useful like the grenade launcher.
    I don't have the same playstyle I tend to flank and rush with the medic class using smokes to revive people or I sneak around with the recon using the ironsight on my rifle
  • HugoPlayNow
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Full951:  I did custom pick the 4 assignments to my class so I have a better chance of hitting them.  The problem with assignments is they distract you from the game's objective and all you end up caring about is completing the assignments.  This is especially true for my favorite: Conquest.  IE: If you're too busy worrying about building 5 stationary weapons, you're not caring about capturing flags or supporting your squads.

n1ghtskynet:  If I have the energy I'll do some run n gunning, but many times, I'm tired by the time I play and with a sore back, so a lot of frantic running around aggravates my crap shoulder.  So i'll work with a playing style that doesn't fry me in a short time.  I'm getting old...lol
  • Venomenal1
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its a dull boring game, I dont think much can change it. 
    This has to be the 1st BF game that has been such a let down. I can see there are PLENTY players who feel the same. 
    COD MW will no doubt eventually completely trounce DICE when they go Full Battlefield, it's only a matter of time with their new engine and seeing how bad BFV is and where it's going.
    Not to mention Insurgency: Sandstorm and WWIII. 

• HugoPlayNow
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I do think the game has room to improve.  I haven't given up on it yet.

That said, I mixed it up and put in BF1 last night and played for 3 hours and had SO MUCH MORE FUN!

Stationary weapons everywhere!
    Mines that don't dissapear if you put more than 2 down
    MUCH better maps!
    Defined classes that make sense.

I had a blast!

RE: CoD...I am skeptical after their WW2 release....it was so awful I flipped it on ebay the next day.  Maps smaller than my kitchen...ugh.
  • normzzzzzy
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SixTouge wrote: »
    normzzzzzy wrote: »
    I’ll say it once, I’ll say it again, and I’ll say it a million more times... we need more maps and worthwhile content to keep the player-base savvy.

The potential is there for this game but getting drip fed worthwhile content every other month Is a huge disappointment for a battlefield game.

I love the battlefield franchise and I want to see it succeed but without worthwhile content (to keep us the players interested) the game will eventually see itself off.

You know I kept reading this and thinking there wasn't THAT many fewer maps than BF1. When I looked back though, I realized it actually was more than double of what V has, even including the recent addition of Marita and Mercury. Maybe it's just me, but I do feel the maps in V are generally much better, perhaps that's why I didn't feel like it was lacking? Maybe quality over quantity, but yeah I'd love a few more new ones anyhow.

I absolutely agree, the maps are a huge step above compared to what they have been in previous games but there is not enough of them.

Don’t get me twisted I enjoy battlefield V but it still feels like it could be a lot better on the content front.

• elkco
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've been playing the Battlefield series since it started and have LOVED it, however, with each new one it seems that there is a regression, instead of taking a great game and tweaking it, it's like it was thrown out and a brand new format was developed. I like 5 better than 1 but 4 was the best in the series, imo.

I would hope to see American weapons, tanks, planes in the future, especially the B-17. Also, there is no naval battles, so hopefully that will be incorporated in the future, since that was a huge part of WW2.
  • HugoPlayNow
    I know opinions are all subjective, but I can't comprehend how BFV is considered a better game than BF1.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I would enjoy an honest opinion of why you like BFV better than 1.  I ask that with respect, and just want to know other viewpoints.

IMO BF1 is incredibly fun and I enjoy it 10x more than BFV...So I am fascinated by how the game is perceived by others.
  • KingRofty
    522 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I tend to agree with the OP.

The latest patch did actually fix the daily crashes on my PS4 Pro, I have not experienced a crash since I applied the latest update.

Thanks Dice! Love you long time.
  • SixTouge
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I know opinions are all subjective, but I can't comprehend how BFV is considered a better game than BF1.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I would enjoy an honest opinion of why you like BFV better than 1.  I ask that with respect, and just want to know other viewpoints.

IMO BF1 is incredibly fun and I enjoy it 10x more than BFV...So I am fascinated by how the game is perceived by others.

I'll offer my take on it, and for context I absolutely loved BF1, it was hands down my favorite in the series, and in many ways I think it can be argued it's the best overall. To me it offered a more forgiving game than 4 did, without eliminating skill and tactics as a deciding factor in games.

However, after playing V and going back to 1, a few things stood out. The controls feel a bit less sharp and more "muddy" feeling if that makes any sense. The pace of play feels much slower, primarily as it relates to TTK/TTD, not necessarily because it's a slow game overall. Some of the elite classes/cavalry/vehicles felt way too dominating, a sniping artillery truck in no man's land was peak annoying. Finally, I logged tons of hours in that game, for me anyway, so it was starting to feel a bit old and with the look and feel of V, it just accentuated that feeling.

I love V because it feels like a good blend of BF4 and BF1. I loved 4 but found it endlessly frustrating and could never really get to where I was competitive, but recognized a lot of great elements in the game with a nice mix of realism/fun. BF1 was immediately more playable for me, and I was competitive in it, meaning I wasn't just going 5-15 over and over. So BFV has a really nice mix of difficulty and playability for me. It must be said, it looks gorgeous too, although it's a much different overall look and tone.

I may eventually find myself going back to 1 for fun, but it was hard to really get into it again because V just had that shiny new toy feel.
  • HugoPlayNow
    Thanks SixTouge!  I really enjoyed your take on it.  Not much I can argue with.  Yes, BFV is visually beautiful, too!

It seems BF1 was set up for great fun with tons of stationary weapons, planes, tanks, mines....Just jump in and have fun.

BFV seems set up to force team and squad play, which is not paying attention to 80% of people who play.  IMO most people are loners who jump in and want to shoot up stuff.  I tried playing with a headset, and either got some kid singing the whole time or always some baby crying in the background...not to mention the awful way people talk.  And when I play, I want to keep the illusion that there are real soldiers on the field instead of a bunch of 12 year olds.  I just don't want to hear them.  So I'm a lone player, but will fight my heart out in conquest, capturing flags and dropping Support ammo crates all over.  So in that sense I am very much a team player.

It's best I don't have a mic either...how many times have you been on a train in BF1 and realize the driver has no idea what he's doing, or even aware that he has control over the train?  AAARGGGH.

Anyway...I feel the developers have not given up on BFV and it will constantly improve.

I can tell they are done with BF1....They last thing they did, which annoyed the hell out of me....is they extended the time till next rank by many hours!  It takes forever to rank up in BF1.
  • SixTouge
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

BFV seems set up to force team and squad play, which is not paying attention to 80% of people who play.  IMO most people are loners who jump in and want to shoot up stuff.  

This here is, I think, at the heart of what many people are having issues with. They really did fundamentally change the game in ways that tries to funnel people into working as a team. I also go without headset, but I find you can still find people willing to work as a team. Every once in a while you get that magical moment when 4 people in a squad are working together, and it really plays like a different game.
  • HugoPlayNow
    My biggest gripe is the limit they impose on AP and AT mines.  They aren't even that effective.

Second biggest gripe is map layout.  Wide sprawling maps are OK as long as they pinch in some areas that funnel action into hot spots.  Marita is the best map so far that does that in BF5.

My favorite maps are long narrow maps (Conquest) that force battles into concentrated areas...Like Al Sudan in BF1.  When you capture a flag you really feel like you have gained ground!
  • KingRofty
    522 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Arras is my favorite map in BF V, just wish it didn't have any planes.
  • BrianLocal1
    468 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I only like it because it's WWII, but I like WWII FPS greatly, so it's good enough to keep me playing for months so far.
  • normzzzzzy
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KingRofty wrote: »
    Arras is my favorite map in BF V, just wish it didn't have any planes.

It’s a solid map mate!

In terms of planes (or lack of) I genuinely believe there should be no planes in fjell.

The planes kill that map for me