This game is so hard to play

IIIZiPIII
138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited August 21
Is it just me or did the game go back to being hard to see players ? And why is the game running so badly I get 135 fps and the game feels sluggish not smooth its awful .

2080TI latest drivers which are meant to be for BFV .

Comments

• FierceBrosnan007
    1006 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Try this; in game settings go to Options - Gameplay - Awards - Select ''Hide''. 

The assignments and awards seem to be causing the stutter/sluggishness. Since doing this I have found the stuttering is gone and the game is smooth. Another friend in TS also confirmed it eliminated his stuttering. 

Seems to run most fluid on medium settings, DX 12 and FFR off. Driver 431.60.           (Latest driver saw a drop of about 10fps so rolled back.)

• IIIZiPIII
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 21
    Still the same for me sadly ,I dont know whats going on i was getting 135 fps now getting round 110 and you can feel it sluggish almost unplayable for me tbh I think dice is going down hill . Thanks for your help .
  • 5hadyBrady
    426 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 22
    IIIZiPIII said:
    Is it just me or did the game go back to being hard to see players ? And why is the game running so badly I get 135 fps and the game feels sluggish not smooth its awful .

2080TI latest drivers which are meant to be for BFV .
    This game has always felt like crap. I know exactly what you're talking about, and it's nearly impossible to put your finger on. I have my suspicions, but I'm not sure. I'm sure it's not server related. For months I figured it was server related, and I had enabled the network graph to turn on during any issues, and it never pops up. I played through some of the single player campaign, and it feels the same to me. It's not smooth. It's not consistent. It CAN be smooth most of the time, but it's always chopping out, frames are being dropped after kills (ive recorded videos of this, the game will literally drop 5 to 6 frames after you kill people), random stuttering etc. There's too much going on with these newer games to manage at this point. DICE are trying to get this game to run good in DX12, while developing it in the older API. There's horrible efficiency in DX11 with high CPU usage and lower GPU usage, and there's frame latency with DX12. Yeah idk man, probably just play a different game, because expecting anything other than garbage from these guys is a pipe dream.
  • ragnarok013
    3074 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

The assignments and awards seem to be causing the stutter/sluggishness. Since doing this I have found the stuttering is gone and the game is smooth. Another friend in TS also confirmed it eliminated his stuttering. 

Seems to run most fluid on medium settings, DX 12 and FFR off. Driver 431.60.           (Latest driver saw a drop of about 10fps so rolled back.)

FierceBrosnan007 does this option prevent the game from tracking assignments or does it just not display it?
  • IIIZiPIII
    Yeah looks like DICE have fixed the stuttering in the next PATCH ,But I won't be holding my breath .
  • TFBisquit
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

FierceBrosnan007 does this option prevent the game from tracking assignments or does it just not display it?
    The latter. It tracks just fine and you can complete assignments.
  • 5hadyBrady
    426 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 23
    IIIZiPIII said:
    Yeah looks like DICE have fixed the stuttering in the next PATCH ,But I won't be holding my breath .
    No, you wont hold your breath. There's still a standby memory issue with Windows 10 and the Frostbite engine that has been around since October of 2017. It surfaced in BF1, and it is still present in BFV. It causes micro-stuttering. The developers know about it, Microsoft knows about it, the entire community know about it, yet, we are passing up entire games without a resolution. At this moment, the only "fix" is to run some third party EXE in the Windows 10 task scheduler. How can a problem this severe carry on through multiple titles without a patch? These guys deserve all the criticism they've been getting. Enough of this. They need to get up and fix their game already. Stop pouting because people didn't like your woke-fest and make something of this hollowed out game and prove everybody wrong......Unless of course they don't have the competence?
  • TFBisquit
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don’t know about that. With windows 1809 I had no microstutter. First I thought maybe because of the i7 2600k but it’s neither on a 9900k. Even the latest 1903 had no microstutter when I tried it. So sure, there are microstutter issues, I’m not denying that, and sometimes a server can cause this too on my machines.
    But fixing something that’s a problem for half the users, maybe even less, is difficult for any company.
    I do know the assignment tree causes issues as stuttering and they work on fixing that. The time that takes could be interpreted as incompetence.
  • TeeKoon
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Tracking maybe the problem as it was on past game  I  will get off the assignments, never have much free time to play anyway, taking care of my old mom (cancer is slowly progressing, my only sister died from that ****) Each patch lower fps, I didn't have major issue before I used assignments and since the last 2 drivers from Nvidia and last patch  I can't oc to 4.2 on 4770k only 3.9 Funny thing I tried without nvidia driver and I could join mp and play for a short time before it crashed to desktop but I can t remember if I was on OC...since Bf 2, BF was very capricous like my ex ,,,MP look like something they forgot while making  the video game engine,,,and tried to fit in the best they could ...
    Playing BF is like being in an episode of The Twilight Zone

You're playing through another BF, a game not only of great graphic and sound but of Dice's mind. A nightmare into a wondrous war whose boundaries are that of Frostbite. That's the stuttering up ahead - your next ctd, the Twilight Zone!

• Jinko_itx
    695 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    turn on GPU restricted memory, having it off can cause micro stutters
  • TFBisquit
    Posted in another thread but maybe more suited for this one, the origin of 3d spotting.
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/home/leaving?target=https://battlefield.fandom.com/wiki/Spotting
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12859 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    There's still a standby memory issue with Windows 10 and the Frostbite engine that has been around since October of 2017. It surfaced in BF1, and it is still present in BFV. It causes micro-stuttering. The developers know about it, Microsoft knows about it, the entire community know about it, yet, we are passing up entire games without a resolution. At this moment, the only "fix" is to run some third party EXE in the Windows 10 task scheduler. How can a problem this severe carry on through multiple titles without a patch? These guys deserve all the criticism they've been getting. Enough of this. They need to get up and fix their game already. Stop pouting because people didn't like your woke-fest and make something of this hollowed out game and prove everybody wrong......Unless of course they don't have the competence?
    You speak about competence,  But the crux of the issue lies primarily with windows 10,  It always has.

Retail build 1903 of windows 10 had some really severe stuttering for me,  I then installed the Windows insider build of 1903 ( which is a couple of builds ahead of retail ) and the stuttering had almost gone.

Of course the occasional stutter is still there but I believe that to be tied directly into the BFV client than windows.

Microsoft has also been posting updates for windows insider builds that further reduces stutters ( and adding new features ) but the latest build resulted in the game not working correctly in Full Screen,  Both BF1 and BFV.

DICE are not 100% to blame for the poor performance,  If microsoft changes something in an update that results in poor frametimes and the inability to clear standby memory quickly enough,  then it is microsoft's task to fix the issue via windows updates,  Being mad at DICE for a performance issue introduced via windows update is sheer lunacy.
  • xxxTUCO
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 26
    Being mad at DICE for a performance issue introduced via windows update is sheer lunacy.

try playing on my high end PC, with the fastest broadband i can get (350meg). why does it take 2 times longer to kill than it takes me to die? ive been playing FPS games at clan level since 56k dial up days. and i KNOW this game is not right.
    just remaster BF2 and we will all be happy

• CSO7777
    1136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 26
    There's still a standby memory issue with Windows 10 and the Frostbite engine that has been around since October of 2017. It surfaced in BF1, and it is still present in BFV. It causes micro-stuttering. The developers know about it, Microsoft knows about it, the entire community know about it, yet, we are passing up entire games without a resolution. At this moment, the only "fix" is to run some third party EXE in the Windows 10 task scheduler. How can a problem this severe carry on through multiple titles without a patch? These guys deserve all the criticism they've been getting. Enough of this. They need to get up and fix their game already. Stop pouting because people didn't like your woke-fest and make something of this hollowed out game and prove everybody wrong......Unless of course they don't have the competence?
    You speak about competence,  But the crux of the issue lies primarily with windows 10,  It always has.

Retail build 1903 of windows 10 had some really severe stuttering for me,  I then installed the Windows insider build of 1903 ( which is a couple of builds ahead of retail ) and the stuttering had almost gone.

Of course the occasional stutter is still there but I believe that to be tied directly into the BFV client than windows.

Microsoft has also been posting updates for windows insider builds that further reduces stutters ( and adding new features ) but the latest build resulted in the game not working correctly in Full Screen,  Both BF1 and BFV.

DICE are not 100% to blame for the poor performance,  If microsoft changes something in an update that results in poor frametimes and the inability to clear standby memory quickly enough,  then it is microsoft's task to fix the issue via windows updates,  Being mad at DICE for a performance issue introduced via windows update is sheer lunacy.
    I have standby memory issues in Apex Legends and a Tomb Raider game I played (haven't played the latest though).

At work we have a lot of client PC's that has the same issue, running newer Windows 10 builds, just using MS Office-programs and some web-surfing (they are turned off/switched on every day). It's really weird that MS hasn't done anything to fix this.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12859 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    CSO7777 said:
    I have standby memory issues in Apex Legends and a Tomb Raider game I played (haven't played the latest though).

At work we have a lot of client PC's that has the same issue, running newer Windows 10 builds, just using MS Office-programs and some web-surfing (they are turned off/switched on every day). It's really weird that MS hasn't done anything to fix this.
    MS have fixes in the works,  They're being pushed out to insider builds first for mass testing and then they'll be pushed out to vanilla 1903 around September,  all being well.

• Elprez11
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What is frustrating is......you can barely see the other guy that headshot you while you were moving through brush and he was no where near you.....or better yet.....you shoot first for about 2-3 seconds.....appear to hit the player.......he stops looks, shoots and kills you instantly.....you get 25 hit points.
  • Bryjo3
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 28
    CSO7777 said:

MS have fixes in the works,  They're being pushed out to insider builds first for mass testing and then they'll be pushed out to vanilla 1903 around September,  all being well.

Only took them 3 fricking years. What I find strange is how this is not being complained about everywhere on every forum. I think people don't notice the stutter. Weirdly (whether this was windows or a BFV patch) the game was working perfectly a couple of weeks ago, but now the stutter is back. I know everybody gets this stutter because, it doesn't matter how good your rig is, if you run the latest Windows build, your game will stutter under the current patch. I am getting really sick of it and the problem even exists in BF1 if you don't use standby list cleaner. UNACCEPTABLE
    Post edited by Bryjo3 on
  • LOLGotYerTags
    Bryjo3 said:
    I know everybody gets this stutter because, it doesn't matter how good your rig is, if you run the latest Windows build, your game will stutter under the current patch. I am getting really sick of it and the problem even exists in BF1 if you don't use standby list cleaner. UNACCEPTABLE
    Yep,  The only real fix is to "put up with it" until microsoft pushes out the next stable build with all of the fixes incorporated.

I wouldn't ever recommend using windows insider builds to have smoother framerates ( and improved frametimes ) as insider builds are notoriously buggy as they are actively developed,  even right now.

• TeeKoon
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Elprez11 said:
    What is frustrating is......you can barely see the other guy that headshot you while you were moving through brush and he was no where near you.....or better yet.....you shoot first for about 2-3 seconds.....appear to hit the player.......he stops looks, shoots and kills you instantly.....you get 25 hit points.
            It come to a point I don't even try no more. I'm **** anyway but when I get a chance to shoot someone in the back I expect him to die  not turn around and kill me. Ammo med packs building smoking and revive mostly .  I need a white cane not a gun! LOL!..I need a beer now and more later!

• Bryjo3
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Bryjo3 said:
    I know everybody gets this stutter because, it doesn't matter how good your rig is, if you run the latest Windows build, your game will stutter under the current patch. I am getting really sick of it and the problem even exists in BF1 if you don't use standby list cleaner. UNACCEPTABLE
    Yep,  The only real fix is to "put up with it" until microsoft pushes out the next stable build with all of the fixes incorporated.

I wouldn't ever recommend using windows insider builds to have smoother framerates ( and improved frametimes ) as insider builds are notoriously buggy as they are actively developed,  even right now.

So, after seeing a random post, I switched to directx12, it stutters initially (like hard terrible hitches) but as you play it eventually becomes smoother and more stable than DX11 ever was. I played last night for a few hours and it was the best the game has played in a long time.