Heres a pro tip for pilots

LINKERBLOX
67 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Support your team rather than hunting down enemies, trust me, your team will be grateful, the chances of winning are increased, and you will get avenger and savior kills

Comments

• barnesalmighty2
    1476 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding but if I'm in a fighter hunting down enemy bombers then I am supporting my team. 

I'm looking forward to having a good wingman in a week or so :)
  • Phugazi
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, if I'm flying a bomber trying to help out my team by bombing capture points and places where enemies are spotted...then I need a good second pilot in a fighter to keep the enemy AAs and planes off me. So you kinda need one of each.
  • ElliotLH
    8170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding but if I'm in a fighter hunting down enemy bombers then I am supporting my team. 

It should be lots of fun. Hopefully I'll be on my game by then. Been a bit hit and miss recently.
  • Zviko0
    1620 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pilots are so underappreciated both bombers and fighters. Bombers help a lot but they are sitting ducks. Props to any bomber pilot for sticking with it even though there's not much you can do defensively except to rely on your wingman. And props to all the fighters for keeping the skies clear and help what you can with your 5hitty air-ground weapons.

And they still keep nerfing our planes. We deserve better.
  • Zviko0
    1620 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would if my team would mark the target for me. But since nobody does that, I spot targets for myself.
    And this too. It's so much easier to help when those snipers actually do something on their hill with their spotting scopes.
  • ASaltyAlpaca
    48 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would if my team would mark the target for me. But since nobody does that, I spot targets for myself.

That’s why I try to play scout when I can, with that flare up I can try to help pilots identify where the enemy is so you can clear the area.
  • Hawxxeye
    5346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I was about to say exactly that, as a pilot I am more than happy to delete any enemies that the team flare spots for me.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1476 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

It should be lots of fun. Hopefully I'll be on my game by then. Been a bit hit and miss recently.

We should do a bit of flying in test range and see how we gel and we can take turns farming kills with the bombers too. It'll be great.
  • ElliotLH
    8170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

We should do a bit of flying in test range and see how we gel and we can take turns farming kills with the bombers too. It'll be great.

That'd be a good idea 👍
  • Hawxxeye
    5346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I will once again use this opportunity to point out that even a fighter can lend you a hand on the ground if you spot or squad 3D mark for them

• fragnstein
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Support your team rather than hunting down enemies, trust me, your team will be grateful, the chances of winning are increased, and you will get avenger and savior kills
    I suck at flying, but when I do I take a fighter lane with spotting flare
  • Hawxxeye
    The spotting flares can really help the people bellow if you become good enough at aiming them at the desired places.
  • biggien79
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Whaaa??? You don't say.....
  • LINKERBLOX
    67 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    biggien79 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Whaaa??? You don't say.....

Most players just fly around killing random enemies rather than supporting the team
  • Matty101yttam
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Spotting is like repairing, there's almost no point to it for the player, spent whole games spotting and repairing i played one game between 2 tanks repairing non-stop the whole game on breakthrough, finished those games close to the bottom.
  • Zviko0
    Spotting is like repairing, there's almost no point to it for the player, spent whole games spotting and repairing i played one game between 2 tanks repairing non-stop the whole game on breakthrough, finished those games close to the bottom.

This is the problem with BF community. All they see is their score at the end of the round. The truth is, you can sit at one flag whole game, defend it and spot all game and be last and you were still very very useful. Even more than that sniper who went 20-0 and had no objective score.
  • Hawxxeye
    Contrary when I am spotting a lot I finish close to the top.
    Parking at an ammo station near enemies and spamming flares  from there is both good for points and makes your team really happy.
  • RamFrog
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    The spotting flares can really help the people bellow if you become good enough at aiming them at the desired places.
    I think that the spotting flares are better than the small bombs on the fighters. Just drop them on the objectives that your team is trying to take and you get quite nice amount of points for assists and such.