Squad leader abilities grayed out

Jargon113
55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
If I have the points to spend, why can't I spend them?

Every time I need to use an ability like mortar it is grayed out because I am waiting 2 minutes for a v-2 to fly in.

Why is this restricted, as I said if I have the points, why do I have to wait to use them?

Comments

• full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Probably because someone else just called one in. You have to wait for theirs to drop. There's a tendency for sqaud leaders to all get their recs at about the same time
  • Jargon113
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But there is no reason for this, why do I have to wait for other people's abilities to finish before I can use mine..?
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    I know what you mean. It's a balance decision to keep us from using the assets in rapid succession. Basically, so players with the mindset of levelcap and Jackfrags don't get upset about it. (they are not fond of explosions, particularly ones that fall from the sky)
  • THECOMMANDER66
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There are no V2’s in this game.
  • ragnarok013
    3657 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Jargon113 said:
    But there is no reason for this, why do I have to wait for other people's abilities to finish before I can use mine..?
    There is, for example if someone is already calling in arty the guns are busy. If you have a bomb flying in you're not going to fire artillery at the same time since the air space is already taken. Those are small elements of realism but they make sense. We can also look at the technical side of things, would having unrestricted call ins all happening at the same time crash the server and degrade server or client performance?
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    Because it's actually better that way. Why call artillery on something when someone chooses to utilize a V-1 rocket on that same place? If that happens then you wasted an artillery strike. Call in's are better utilized when they are done one at a time, to better ensure it is not wasted.
  • DigitalHype
    808 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Aside form the obvious gameplay/balance reasons to limit the simultaneous usage. Those explosions are very demanding on the system. If 8 of them hit at once, most computers would probably melt.
  • Jargon113
    Because it's actually better that way. Why call artillery on something when someone chooses to utilize a V-1 rocket on that same place? If that happens then you wasted an artillery strike. Call in's are better utilized when they are done one at a time, to better ensure it is not wasted.
    This is only assuming it is at the same place- every time I have needed it I have to wait for a v-2 to fly in somewhere else. I get it, the game / engine can't handle it so that's why we have to wait.