Modern warfare sucks BF has nothing to worry about

BURGERKRIEG
883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
So I’ve been playing the Alpha for Modern Warfare.

Basically it’s the same twitch shooter but now with added recoil. It’s unmistakably COD.

If you are like me and never liked the core multiplayer COD experience this game won’t change that. Even when they add capture the flag on larger maps it’s still going to essentially be the COD experience.

We have all been saying that BFV is doomed because of COD but I think it will do ok as the alternative to what COD offers. Like it always has.

I’m not for jumping ship just yet.

Comments

• -Antares65z
    1635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So I’ve been playing the Alpha for Modern Warfare.

Basically it’s the same twitch shooter but now with added recoil. It’s unmistakably COD.

If you are like me and never liked the core multiplayer COD experience this game won’t change that. Even when they add capture the flag on larger maps it’s still going to essentially be the COD experience.

We have all been saying that BFV is doomed because of COD but I think it will do ok as the alternative to what COD offers. Like it always has.

I’m not for jumping ship just yet.
    I'm not jumping ship yet either but I'm also not pre-ordering another game from EA, much less any other developer.  If SWBF3 turns out to be another loser, than I'm going to begin to doubt that the next BF in 2020 (BC3??) will be any better. If that turns out to be the case, I'll be convinced that the best days of BF are behind them. 
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its not a mode that I like, but it gives you a hint of how gun play works. Medal of honor War fighter is exactly how this game will feel with 24 plus players in a server.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 23
    I think it's the opposite of COD. It plays great. It'll steal alot of Battlefield players, some temporarily and some for the long haul. It looks great, it plays great, the guns are very satisfying to use, the gun variety destroys BFVs, gun sounds, visibility is excellent, no prone meta, no garbage or clutter in the air making visibility worse (sand, dust, snow, smoke from destroyed buildings), plenty of cover.

The maps are urban, lots of cover and alleyways and corners. While BFV maps are mostly open fields with some geometry and a bunch of trees, ie Garbage.

No bugs. Its alpha and has no bugs. BFV is almost a year old and is the buggiest game I've ever played.

BF has alot to worry about.

It will steal players from BFV and it will be a massive runaway hit.

However the game is still COD albeit a tweaked version. It’s not a massive deviation from what that audience want and expect from the franchise.

If you could never stand COD multiplayer then this isn’t going to change things. I’m like that, I bet I’m not alone. 

I guess the real test will be the beta, right now it smells way too fishy for me.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    It will steal players from BFV and it will be a massive runaway hit.

However the game is still COD albeit a tweaked version. It’s not a massive deviation from what that audience want and expect from the franchise.

If you could never stand COD multiplayer then this isn’t going to change things. I’m like that, I bet I’m not alone. 

I guess the real test will be the beta, right now it smells way too fishy for me.

Heres the thing, it actually plays nothing like the past COD games from what I experienced, it seems way more skill gap based.
  • AssassinoX1
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The last CoD I played online was Ghosts but peak for me was MW 2 & 3. Was it anything like that? With the new engine, is the lag compensation the same obnoxious "crappier connection gets the advantage" nonsense like BF V has turned into? Between the netcode and the weapons/abilities, CoD was always about leveling the playing field with cheap mechanics so any casual could compete with anyone who played religiously. That was always my biggest peeve - has it improved at all in these aspects?
  • royzl_star
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 23
    The last CoD I played online was Ghosts but peak for me was MW 2 & 3. Was it anything like that? With the new engine, is the lag compensation the same obnoxious "crappier connection gets the advantage" nonsense like BF V has turned into? Between the netcode and the weapons/abilities, CoD was always about leveling the playing field with cheap mechanics so any casual could compete with anyone who played religiously. That was always my biggest peeve - has it improved at all in these aspects?
    Surprisingly, it actually feels mostly like Black Ops 1 (Vietnam). I haven't experienced any latency. The guns feel VERY good, and there's something about the gunsmoke and muzzle flash effects that make the gun kills feel sooo satisfying. The gameplay is surprisingly slow though, compared to previous COD's, and again, It feels exactly like Black Ops 1 pasting wise, but slightly slower. Weapon recoil; like Black Ops 1, it feels different for each gun and requires a small amount of time to get use too. ( Overall, it has the traits of what made Mw2 fun, and it has the traits of what made Black Ops 1 require skill) 

Battlefield's next game will have to be on some Bad Company 2 / Battlefield 3 styled quality, because ..man classic COD is back.
  • Zviko0
    1620 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I gotta admit, it looks very very good but I don't think it can win me over. I don't think COD will ever be better at large scale battles than Battlefield and that's what I'm looking for.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    Surprisingly, it actually feels mostly like Black Ops . I haven't experienced any latency. The guns feel VERY good, and there's something about the gunsmoke and muzzle flash effects that make the gun kills feel sooo satisfying. The gameplay is surprisingly slow though, compared to previous COD's, and again, It feels exactly like Black Ops 1 pasting wise, but slightly slower. Weapon recoil; like Black Ops 1, it feels different for each gun and requires a small amount of time to get use too. ( Overall, it has the traits of what made Mw2 fun, and it has the traits of what made Black Ops 1 require skill) 

Battlefield's next game will have to be on some Bad Company 2 / Battlefield 3 styled quality, because ..man classic COD is back.
    Yes classic COD is back. That’s exactly the problem I have with it. I never enjoyed the multiplayer so a few modifications and ungraded visuals isn’t going to change the core experience as a whole. It’s still very much COD.

• -Antares65z
    1635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Surprisingly, it actually feels mostly like Black Ops 1 (Vietnam). I haven't experienced any latency. The guns feel VERY good, and there's something about the gunsmoke and muzzle flash effects that make the gun kills feel sooo satisfying. The gameplay is surprisingly slow though, compared to previous COD's, and again, It feels exactly like Black Ops 1 pasting wise, but slightly slower. Weapon recoil; like Black Ops 1, it feels different for each gun and requires a small amount of time to get use too. ( Overall, it has the traits of what made Mw2 fun, and it has the traits of what made Black Ops 1 require skill) 

I had a lot of fun in Black Ops 1. I thought it was one of the best in the entire series, along with COD 4: Modern Warfare. 
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MW, MW2 and Black Ops 1 were the only good ones. Everything else after sucked big.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    Battlefield has a lot to worry about with or without Call of Duty.
    Lol, that’s true.

• fragnstein
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    free Alpha try outs for ps4 users this weekend.  2v2 only and 5 maps
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What BF did, that may be the reason MW will kill them off, is they tried to beat COD at their own game, by making BF...COD. They poached many during the Infinite Warfare debacle apparently with BF1. Now, they're going to go back to their game.

That alone is going to dismember this game, or what's left of it as of now. But i do feel, it is still...COD, and like all the hyped CODs of the past few years, a bit much overhyped .

It's just that this particular BF isn't a very good game. So, it will kill this, but the only thing that could kill the BF Franchise...is DICE/EA themselves, and that is quite more possible than not atp.
This discussion has been closed.